edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
183 replies 14.5K views
1131415161719»

Replies

• OldernotwiserOldernotwiser
    37.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heidi-Rose wrote: »
    WRONG!! It is NOT your money! Many people who, through no fault of their own have fallen on hard times and need some help in the form of benefit for a while, have actually worked for a long time. Thus they have paid their share into the system and are claiming money they earned :mad:
    :

You don't claim back money you've earned; the welfare state isn't some kind of personal savings scheme!
  • I can remember my son being on JSA, it was very, very hard.

But I actually don't see why it would be harderrbeing on monthly payments. You still divi the money up, just do it for the month instead of the fortnight. Your shopping is still £20 per week, your ga and electricity still only £10 per week. You can still pay by the week if you want to. Just use the amount of money that you have for a week. Then you will have money left for the rest of the time, surely?

It just wouldn't happen. My son is currently struggling and is skint one week out of 2. This is not actually helped by the odd couple of days agency work he gets every couple of weeks, as it only complicates things. I can see the unemployed are loathe to take temporary/short term work, unless it pays really well.
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
  • OldernotwiserOldernotwiser
    37.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just wouldn't happen. My son is currently struggling and is skint one week out of 2. This is not actually helped by the odd couple of days agency work he gets every couple of weeks, as it only complicates things. I can see the unemployed are loathe to take temporary/short term work, unless it pays really well.

One week in two's not bad. I was skint most of the time in my early twenties and I always had a full time job!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides