PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Tuesday 13th Sept

Options

Comments

• RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi folks,

Beth-poor you that sounds awful,but I'm so glad its nothing sinister,though it sounds bad enough-hope the meds do the trick.

Bargainbird-hope your shoulder gets better quick.Cant believe DS is off to pre-school,time flies :eek:

Well its our Wedding Anniversary today-36 years,I have a lot of patience :rotfl:Not doing anything special,but I might make a cake.I did wonder whether to take some pieces of fillet steak from the freezer,but couldnt bring myself to do it as I have half a big cooked chicken left from yesterday :D,so I might make a risotto or something else I dont normally do.

Hitched a lift to town with DS1,he had to go to the bank as he realised there has been a transaction going out of his account and couldnt find out what it was,it was going off his card not a direct debit.Anyway they have put it through to the fraud section for investigation and will refund the money :THe was all for just ringing to cancel his card and not bothering to go into it,but I made him :o (he's pleased now)Then he went into the phone shop as he was due an upgrade,traded in his old broken screen iphone and got a new one ,and an in car bluetooth thingy for no extra money :j

Right I'd better get off here or there'll be no nice tea or cake for DH to come home to.DNiece is calling later with baby too.

Hope you're all ok xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Beth - I agree with NPM - complain:mad: I had a similar experience many years ago and reckoned it was more painful than childbirth and I have had four kids. It now means I wont undertake any investigations unless Im sedated up to the maximum allowed. I probably sound a wuss but I had four kids without pain relief of any sort so I can just imagine how painful that procedure actually was:eek::eek::eek:

Its a horrid day today. Sorry for the moan! I still have not had my letter and nearly hijacked the young postie this morning. Im feeling rough because on the one hand (TMI alert) I have been purged and on the other no food for 24hours and water for 12 hours so feel really weak. Only a few more hours to go now. So Im lying in bed with Molly Dog and the laptop. I shall be back in action tomorrow!!
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Lucy5781
    Options
    Loulou2010 wrote: »
    morning all

a very tired me today. i woke up about 2ish and then couldnt get back to sleep. i was non stop sneezing :o have a stinking cold :mad: then ds woke just after 4 screaming saying its dark, i'm scared. no amount of settling was getting him back to sleep in his bed. needless to say he didnt sleep the rest of the night in his bed. he's just nodded off on the sofa. would rather he slept now than later today. he wont even go in the bedroom now. thought by taking him in when its light he would see there isnt anything to be scared of by i cant even get him in the room for more than two mins. i dont want to reinforce that there is something to be scared of by not taking him in there but at the same time i dont want to make it worse. any ideas?? there is nothing in the room that i can see that would have scared him, he already had a nightlight on and a little torch... one prob after another with him at the momemnt! the joys of being 2 i guess!

My God-daughter went through a phase of this, her Mum and I later figured it was the occasional breeze moving her curtain as it all tailed off once she moved her cot-bed around (so LO couldn't see the curtains from her bed) and the weather got colder and so the window was not left so far open (if at all) anymore.

Hope things work out soon for you!

Lxx
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs RosyRed smiley-love019.gif
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Molly41 wrote: »
    Beth - I agree with NPM - complain:mad: I had a similar experience many years ago and reckoned it was more painful than childbirth and I have had four kids. It now means I wont undertake any investigations unless Im sedated up to the maximum allowed. I probably sound a wuss but I had four kids without pain relief of any sort so I can just imagine how painful that procedure actually was:eek::eek::eek:

Its a horrid day today. Sorry for the moan! I still have not had my letter and nearly hijacked the young postie this morning. Im feeling rough because on the one hand (TMI alert) I have been purged and on the other no food for 24hours and water for 12 hours so feel really weak. Only a few more hours to go now. So Im lying in bed with Molly Dog and the laptop. I shall be back in action tomorrow!!

Oh Molly you sound as if you are really going through a bad time, at least my agony only lasted 15 mns, poor you, I do hope you improve soon. Is there nothing your Dr. can do ?
    Sorry to hear you had to endure a similar experience, I was so scared because I was on a respirator many years ago and the memory of those tubes down my throat has never left me, I did explain that to the hosp staff but all they said was, we don't know when we can fit you in if you don't have it done today.
    So Hobson's choice it was.
    Fingers crossed that you will get your letter tomorrow. x
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    ROSYRED,
    Congratulations on your Anniversary :heart2::love::heart:, go on go on go on get the steak and candles out, you can always have the chicken tomorrow.
    You know you're worth it. ;)
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,528 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Just finished work, so havn,t read all the goss yet, hope everyones ok x

Was chuffed last night with my HM Chicken, han and leek pie, it was lush and was the perfect dish to use up the weekend leftovers :)

Spag Bol tonight at DS,s request, have defrosted 2 lots of mince to make a batch for the freezer as well, as OH and I are not pasta fans, will be easy to make a bowl of DS,s favorite when we have something he would rather not eat (ie liver, fish etc)

Weathers lovely at the mo, not that i,ve seen much of it being welded to a chair a work LOL

Have a fab evening all xx
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    hi all

Just popped in to say Jackie0 I bought a lightish iron in Tesco a couple of weeks ago £19.98 Russell Hobbs Steamglide in purple. Seems OK.

Got to run OH is home and needs a cuppa.

Hugs to all poorlies and worrieds.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Kimsmum
    Kimsmum Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    Well I am back on 2nd Sept our doorbell went and when I answered it. It was my son from Australia nearly had a heart attack, he said can I come in for a visit and a cuppa. Hes 34.
    The OH was in on it and he said, a few things that give it away but I didnt pick up on it.Probarly wasnt listening more like it he says.:rotfl:

So I havent been on, he is away visiting some friends and then will be back in a couple of weeks for a few days before he goes back to Aust.
    It has been so lovely to have him here its ben 4 years since I last saw him.
    I now need to get back on track and get the home and finance back on track too.
    Positive thoughts and hugs to all
    Taking it one day at a time
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all:j:j
    Have had a bit of a mental day today.Ended up going with SOTD to get a tattoo of a seahorse.It didn't hurt as much as I thought it'd do, and she had the baby's name done on her hip:D:D:DFeel like getting one of the dogs done now:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    CBA doing much for tea, tbh have been trying to be a Stepford wife and feel like it's not working, so I might as well do what I want and be happier.I love OH to bits but he is far more traditional than me, hence I feel a bit taken for granted:o:o
    BETH glad the test results aren't as serious as you'd expected hun:A:A
    Anyway (((huggles))) to all in need today :A:A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business