PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A FROG a week equals a special treat!

Comments

• lollyfin
    lollyfin Posts: 299 Forumite
    I did mine yesterday, i hate doing it
    the smell, the mess urgh but it doesnt take as long as you think once you get started. like all frogs i guess!
    konMarie and fabbing all the way
    Weight loss challenge starting 11st loss in November 4lb
  • Hi Beemuzed Glad you can join us. Totally understand the paper situation, as I am in similar situation with my self assessment! Got to actually do some sorting before I can sit down and actually do it on the PC, not to mention finding the password that I created. I used to be very organised then I had a baby, now I just have baby brain - 5 years on. Hope your list isn't too long. Don't forget your reward!

Buffy - Thank you so much! The confused one just says it all for me. x

abwsco - isn't it strange how we all have photo's in boxes in the loft. Mind you I'm finding it is the same on the computer now with photos - that's a whole new frog for me!

Hi Obi - well done for finding your way down here, you are very welcome. I have a bit of thing for Moshi Monsters (sad for a mum of a 5 year old) but I am finding it a challenge to keep the bl**dy thing happy as DD just likes dressing her up and going out to buy new clothes without earning any rox to spend (ooo that sounds a bit like how it is going to be in her teenage years - gulp)

Monnagran Good Luck with the front garden. perhaps you could put up a sign for the passer bys 'I'm dealing with my FROGS what are you doing about yours' that will get them thinking rather than being rude to you!!

mummyroysof 3 - just think how lovely you will look once it's done - a reward in itself x

Problem with appointments is that they can get cancelled. OH cancelled on me :mad: and went to clean up the football club. So I am going to try and do it this afternoon after I have taken DD out. Wish me luck - I'm feeling a little left behind ... :o
    Football Widow :footie:

Why are frogs so happy? They eat whatever bugs them!
  • iamsalt
    iamsalt Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all.

Welcome to all those dealing with tadpoles, froglets and fullgrown frogs.

There has been so much good advice and it is good to know that you are not the only one who finds those frogs a mountain to climb - even if they aren't once you get to them.

I have been painting my windowsill in between staying at OH for the weekend - i did a coat each time i came home to feed my cat, so this morning is the last coat and then i have a lovely bubblebath to look forward to this evening. Anyway once that is done the next frog is emailing about my part time job - need to tell them i won't be continuing once i start full time work - feeling guilty (why?!?) that i will let them down. So reward for that is making some cookies.

Interesting to read about getting timers - may have to think about that one.

Monnagran - would gladly swap some of my frogs for your garden frog - i would rather be out there than dealing with mine!
    Keep up the good work one and all :T
    £400,000 starting Jan 2020 current end date Aug 2041 I would love the end date to be 2027 but will aim first for 2037.
    1% target £4000 so far £20 paid
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    woo hair done..love the ones that only take 10 mins..made beds and collected up washing while i waited. thought id done a good job of not getting it all over my face to then realise after i washed it off and was getting dressed that its on my arm so looks like i have a massive bruise lol
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the suggestion FW, trouble is they are lovely people but we live next door but one to a doctors surgery so there are plenty of folk passing by and giving me the benefit of their wisdom.
    iamsalt: what a pity we don't live nearer, we could trade frogs!

Had an appointment this a.m. which meant being showered, dressed respectably and out of the house by 9.00. Now I am clean and fairly presentable I don't feel at all like climbing into gardening gear and getting all dirty again. I may content myself with going out and doing a bit of ladylike hoeing just to warn the front garden dandelions what they are in for tomorrow. More of a bit of frogspawn than a tadpole but better than nothing.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Looby_Lou
    Looby_Lou Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Can I join in please? My frog for this week is to put away the sofa covers in the attic. I also need to sort out DS2 clothes as he has grown out of lots of them so I need to find some trousers that fit him ( again out o the attic)
  • Hi Looby_Lou Everyone is welcome. Sounds like you can hit 2 frogs in one go. Let us know how you get on x

Managed to loose my car keys in town to day :( so not a great day. HoweverI did manage a froglet today so just watching Holby to celebrate :T
    Football Widow :footie:

Why are frogs so happy? They eat whatever bugs them!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, great thread. I began working out the major frogs. Did one today which involved going onto a website to check eligibility. Not good news but at least I've now checked.

Thanks to Buffy for the image, shamelessly nicked and used below!

frog%20eating%20bug.gifMy next frog is to get a replacement bulb for a table lamp which blew about a year ago! It's a funny shape/size so I need to go to an old fashioned hardware store.

:AMy reward will be to do the patch test ready to dye my hair. I bought the hair dye about 6 months ago and keep forgetting to do the test!
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • iamsalt
    iamsalt Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    well done to those naming and shaming their frogs - but don't forget to choose a treat for completing them.

My treat for frog 1 is still to be enjoyed (my lovely bubble bath) because i was at OHs house trying to help OH work out fencing to stop the tortoise escaping. Any suggestions which are cost effective gratefully recieved! That is probably going to be a frog if i don't nip it in the froglet stage. Better add it to my list.

S x
    £400,000 starting Jan 2020 current end date Aug 2041 I would love the end date to be 2027 but will aim first for 2037.
    1% target £4000 so far £20 paid
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Dear oh dear. My frog spawn is still in the pond. Unexpected visitor put paid to all good intentions. Today's a no-no as well. Just snatched a few minutes to see how everyone else is doing. Will try again tomorrow.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family