PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A FROG a week equals a special treat!

Comments

• Hi Daphne - glad we have hit a nerve with you. Wow a whole book!! of froggies how exciting. I have done exactly the same as you, set myself deadlines and that just doesn't work me either. What is the incentive of a deadline? Not sure there is one! Good Luck with your frog - a really sweet one - but also very emotional. Make sure you award yourself a lovely treat - OK?

Squeaky you are so right - different things do work for different people - I remember a friend at work used to use the 'eating the elephant' analogy - you can't eat a whole elephant so you need to cut it up into little chunks. Not sure what the incentive is there as don't like the idea of eating elephants (not sure it would taste that good lol). I think that I would like to use the analogy of a box of chocolates - eat one at a time - they are enjoyable - eat the whole lot - feel a bit sick and probably very guilty.

Emm - see you were up late last night. Great to hear that you are rewarding yourself, have to admit that would be a good reward for me to. I love my wine! :T

Just waiting for DH to wake up so I can make an 'appointment' for him to look after DD whilst I try to deal with my frog. Still another week and a half until she goes back to school so not a lot of peace!!:)
    Football Widow :footie:

Why are frogs so happy? They eat whatever bugs them!
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    just completed one of my frogs...get kids to try on school trousers...2 pairs to go back...1 for mil to take up..eldests ok

son needs his pair by friday..messaged mil to see if she can do them for me..fingers crossed
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • lollyfin
    lollyfin Posts: 299 Forumite
    Hi all
    i would love to join in with you too
    i started decorating the whole house at the beginning of the year (seemed like a good idea at the time!) and ran out of steam in march!!! so now have loads of frogs all over the house
    I also hate with a vengence cleaning tiles so keep putting it off and now they are really horrible
    think i might make my froggie list and pick one a week to get done and when i have done a set amount (havent figured out how many yet!)I will get a new book...love books
    konMarie and fabbing all the way
    Weight loss challenge starting 11st loss in November 4lb
  • ooo lollyfin lots of colourful tadpoles, froglets and frogs coming up for you then. I quite like painting but I hate glossing! Welcome and lets get that house frog free :T then you will have lovely library in there instead!

mummyroysof 3 ah yes the dreaded trying of uniform, fingers crossed for mil to come through for you. Remember to have a little treat for getting rid of your frog!

• mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite

mummyroysof 3 ah yes the dreaded trying of uniform, fingers crossed for mil to come through for you. Remember to have a little treat for getting rid of your frog!

had an hour with my feet up while youngest was asleep and other 2 played nice in other room...by nice i mean no one got injured...lots of arguing though but thats normal:rotfl:
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • TiredwithTwins - only a WEEK to get through your Frogs? I`m envious!
    FROGS, as described by Footiewid, is known to folks working in the mental health sector (not my department but have friends there, we compare notes sometimes) as `avoidant behaviour`. Could be trivial or crucial items/tasks that we are avoiding. We don`t have to be `patients` or potential patients, as many avoidant behaviours are well within what we glibly term `normal`. ANY strategy that helps ANY folks to deal with and tackle whatever they are troubled by avoiding (like waking up and thinking about the avoided thing!) has GOT to be worth trying.

:rotfl: well they are kinda BIG frogs!!

1. clean down skirting board throughout house.
    2. paint living room feature wall.
    3. paint hall/stairs/landing.
    4. wash down 18ft of staircase!!

im pretty much on top of everything else (except the ironing!!)

:beer:
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    *nips in from Flylady*

well done all frog munchers...

I've just done some of a frog - I have been catching strawberry runners in pots, rooted about 20 so far and then decided to move the strawberry bed. Initial dig over was done and the recent wet weather softened it up so I have dug & hoed (we're on clay so it sets - ugh!) and have planted 2 rows of new, well-rooted strawberry plants, but some wood down to keep the lawn at bay and refilled the pots to catch new runners. This means that the plan to get rid of the old strawberry plants is well under way!

Trick to get me gardening is to get up and dressed before my shower - otherwise I don't want to get dirty by digging!

And I am the QUEEN of procrastination, sometimes...but I AM working on it!

Next frog - sort out the LIT books...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • abwsco
    abwsco Posts: 979 Forumite
    DH and I have sorted out a kitchen cupboard that houses light bulbs and guarantees/instructions for all things electrical.

Bought a bag of choccy (Thornton's) mis-shapes as a treat tonightfrom HB:)

We were going to do another cupboard in the spare box bedroom/computer room but have decided to put that off until tomorrow:o
  • toottifrootti
    toottifrootti Posts: 6,427 Forumite
    :rotfl: well they are kinda BIG frogs!!

1. clean down skirting board throughout house.
    2. paint living room feature wall.
    3. paint hall/stairs/landing.
    4. wash down 18ft of staircase!!

im pretty much on top of everything else (except the ironing!!)

:beer:
    hi tired
    your frogs are toooooooooooooooo big - you need to break them down to make them 'chewable'!!
    like this
    1. clean skirting living room
    2. clean skirting hall
    3. clean skirting kitchen
    4. clean skirting bedroom 1
    5. clean skirting bedroom 2
    6. move furniture for painting
    7. paint living room wall
    8. replace furniture
    9. paint hall
    10. paint stairs
    11. paint landing
    12. wash section or one side of staircase
    etc etc
    do you see what I mean - if you break your huge frogs into the steps that you need to do to achieve the whole thing then they become little jobs that you will feel encouraged to do when you have half an hour spare and the end comes into sight!!!
    HTH

toots
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• abwsco a big pat on the back for you and OH and what a lovely treat you have waiting for you tonight. Good Luck for tomorrow x

valli - thanks for dropping in and sharing your frog with us. Sounds like that was a lot of hard work! Suppose you will get your reward next year, with lots of lovely strawberrys. I grew some for the first time with year. They were very small and very different to the normal ones you buy, not sure if they were wild strawberries.

tiredwithtwins - cleaning the skirtingboards would be a FROG for me too, how do they get so sticky? Radiators would be another one, lots of sticky finger marks on those, as well as felt tip pen and goodness knows what.

mummyroysof3 - that is good to hear! Hope you felt fully refreshed and ready to start again.

Well today I did a little tadpole - sorted out some of my DD's toys - she helped so it wasn't too bad. So now rewarding myself with a little sit down and a nice glass of wine (only one though!!) x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback