PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help - Grease on clothes

Options

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you tried soda crystals ? I've found this to be very good on oily stains.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If I dont know the origin of the stain I tamp it with Oil of Eucalyptus - available in chemists. The great thing is to put the article into soak asap but dont use hot water as it will `entrench` the stain. Washing soda, Ace etc can all be sued. If you do a search you can probably find some earlier posts!

So where are you from Newark, Newcastle.......................?
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My neighbour has just been round to ask me this - apparently the soda crystals didn't work. I've suggested rubbing neat washing up liquid into the stain prior to washing. Not always guaranteed to work, but does more often than not :)
  • Happy_frank
    Options
    Neat stardrops rubbed in prior to washing also work a treat on most things
  • tigerlily
    tigerlily Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    Options
    I always use a bit of neat washing up liquid rubbed in before it goes into the machine, have always been pleased with the results.
    Debt free = December 2010...as of March 2006 it is now January 2010..... as of December 2008 it is now December 2009 :j hopefully sooner!!
    :jDEBT FREE:j January 2012, took longer but I got there, all by myself, through sheer hard work and pride!
  • DrFluffy
    DrFluffy Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    Options
    Either dampen the stain and rub (lots of) salt in to it prior to washing, or use white wine vinegar...
    April Grocery Challenge £81/£120
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.mrscleannw.com/tips/stained-clothing.html some info on there for stains aswell.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Whitefiver
    Options
    Neat stardrops rubbed in prior to washing also work a treat on most things

Always works for us too.

Regards,

White
  • iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I find that neat washing up liquid works more often than not.
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
  • missk_ensington
    Options
    Does anyone know hoe to remove grease stains off jeans? I dropped some KFC skin on my new jeans and after 3 washes using alledged stain remover, there is still a greae patch :mad:

Also, anyone know how to get biro pen off a cream leather suite?!!?? Tried EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport