Enough is enough, please help me to track down Worldstores.co.uk, Bedroomworld.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Cydee
    Cydee Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Just to balance this topic; I ordered beds from this Company last year. Delivered on time, nothing missing and nothing broken. Today I received a small chest of drawers which I ordered two days ago; all intact with handles and screws inside.
  • chinwoman
    chinwoman Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am furious with this company. I ordered a bed and mattress on Tuesday , good delivery as it did arrive on Weds . The bed is fine BUT the mattress is a cheaper version of the one ordered and the label of the one I ordered has been placed onto the cheaper one I received. I am £70 out of pocket and getting nowhere with so called customer services

Would never use again and am now in touch with Trading Standards
  • sancho
    sancho Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 July 2013 at 10:07AM
    Options
    Terrible service here also.

I ordered a wooden playhouse on 28th June, it was delivered on the 9th July broken, I arranged for another one to be delivered on the 16th July, this also came broken. I kept all of it apart from the one broken panel as was advised and they told me they would Fed-Ex it out to me and I should have it within 2-3 days.

Rang them this morning and it's not even been despatched yet.

Terrible company, they do not care once they have your money, I was told by one of the advisers on the phone that they don't really deal with the orders, they just pass it onto the supplier so it's not really their problem. I understand that this is their business model, but if there's a problem then it is them that have to deal with it.

Completely incompetent and had my daughter not been so excited about her playhouse I would gladly shove it up the CEOs bum. Sideways.
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest
  • Claire71uk
    Options
    Ordered Sandringham 2 person Picnic hamper, with 48hr delivery...my order was placed on Sunday 11th August 2013.... Ready for trip out this week.

The Guardian Offers pages showed the offer.

To date my paid order has FAILED to arrive, with zero response from Worldstores.

So far contacted Trading Standards, Citizens Advice Bureau, Advertising Standards Agency and filed complaints with all.

If you do not have the stock, you should not take payment and if promised 48hr delivery make sure you fulfill expectations.
  • jwruk
    jwruk Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Claire71uk wrote: »
    Ordered Sandringham 2 person Picnic hamper, with 48hr delivery...my order was placed on Sunday 11th August 2013.... Ready for trip out this week.

To date my paid order has FAILED to arrive, with zero response from Worldstores.

So far contacted Trading Standards, Citizens Advice Bureau, Advertising Standards Agency and filed complaints with all.

If you do not have the stock, you should not take payment and if promised 48hr delivery make sure you fulfill expectations.

Did you not consider that the order wouldn't be shipped until Monday so 48 hours would be Wednesday delivery? One day late isn't the end of the world.

Will you be redacting your complaints if it arrives in time for your weekend picnic?
  • jumpedtheshark
    Options

Is this a joke? After one day's delay you contacted all of those organisations? If you needed it for this weekend, you really should have ordered with more than five business days to spare or waited till Monday morning and phoned the company to check they could meet the delivery target for your order, then ordered asap on Monday morning.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

You do not mention whether or not you have contacted Worldstores or Guardian Offers.

Surely they should be your first contact point before all those other organisations, shouldn't they?
  • Money-Saving-King
    Options

What did they say exactly I'd be fascinated to know?

This reminds me of the sorts of times when you read stories about people who will dial 999 if they're lost or something like that!
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Options
    This reminds me of the sorts of times when you read stories about people who will dial 999 if they're lost or something like that!

She's probably rung 999 as well to report the theft of her money by these unscrupulous companies.:cool:
  • Beaulygirl
    Options
    I ordered a bed, mattress and headboard spending over £370 but I never received any email confirmation showing an order number, so can not track it. So for the last week I have been phoning daily, pressing option 2 for the aftersales staff, but am constantly told that the wait time is anywhere between 35 - 50 minutes!!!! I have also been pressing option 1 for sales which tells me that the hold time is 1 minute, but after 20 minutes holding I just have to give up! No money, no bed, no one to even speak to about it. I am shocked that they are allowed to get away with this...... Oh, and of course, no reply to my emails!:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure