~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Comments

• missminx wrote: »
    Ok, I need to pick your collective brains! I am after ideas for wedding favours.... I am making charms for the glasses for the champagne toast, which guests can then keep. So, I thought of doing favours with sweets in rather than almonds, as I thought more people would like them. Now wondering if I could get away with Avon gifts? Someone mentioned they are doing aftershave samples etc for the men, and I realised I have lots of these, as well as lipsticks etc for the ladies. Thoughts / ideas would be appreciated :D Keeping the budget down, and marketing my products.... Ok or naughty?!

Think that's a brilliant idea, well done! :T How better to market your Avon business and appear fabulously generous at the same time. :rotfl:

Size is deffo going to be important though... Hmmm... trial sizes would be best am guessing; see how many you can acquire between now and the Big Day. Just a thought, why not ask your Upliner/ASM if there's any chance of getting some freebies because you're wanting to do a 'mass recanvass'? ;)
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon ;))
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    I would contact Avon and put a complaint in, or email your sl and tell them you'll be putting a complaint in if you don't get the books you're entitled to. You should get 20 books for your first campaign and 20 in your second (or as mc says 40 books in total - some reps might only want 10 per campaign so then they'd get 4 camps worth). Your admin fee entitles you to 40 books as a minimum - so that's what you should get! Feel free to pm me if you want help putting a complaint in to Avon, but it might be quickest to just send our sl a quick email to say you know you should receive 40 books so you want them, if they don't then tell them you'll put a complaint in, should do the trick! ;)
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    The same's just happened on Connects. A rep was given less than 10 brochures in total (some current campaign and some backorder) and given only a few days to get orders in. After reading advice on Connects they've rung their upline to ask if they can be signed into the next campaign/not put an order in this time/oh and get the right number of brochures they're entitled to. The upline's response has been that they have to place an order, however small even if they won't reach MOV, and order their own brochures for their 2nd campaign.

It's at times like that you wish it was easier to remove yourself from an upline without leaving for 8 campaigns. Apparently it's possible, but very rare.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
  • I,_Geek wrote: »
    The same's just happened on Connects. A rep was given less than 10 brochures in total (some current campaign and some backorder) and given only a few days to get orders in. After reading advice on Connects they've rung their upline to ask if they can be signed into the next campaign/not put an order in this time/oh and get the right number of brochures they're entitled to. The upline's response has been that they have to place an order, however small even if they won't reach MOV, and order their own brochures for their 2nd campaign.

It's at times like that you wish it was easier to remove yourself from an upline without leaving for 8 campaigns. Apparently it's possible, but very rare.

That's appalling. I went to an ASL seminar recently and raised the issue of 'encouraging' newbies to place an order within a few days. Got to admit, I felt a 'bit lonely' on my side! :o I hate it if my newbies are prejudiced in any way and seems to me by pushing them into a quick order they are reducing their chances to reach HOV to get their free ANew product. :mad:

The good news is that very shortly it will be up to the rep when they want to place their first order :T i.e. so long it's within 3 campaigns of being signed up. (Hopefully they will be told... )

On the bad side though the WOW bonuses cease after C5 for SLs. :(

As for switching teams, yes it's possible in certain circumstances - sure it was explained in this thread somewhere. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to post details in open forum but if anyone wants to know I'll gladly point you in the right direction - just PM or email me.
  • Any SLs near Dewsbury? I may have a lead.
  • lozza1985
    edited 3 February 2012 at 2:50PM
    There is the option to cancel your account within 14 days of joining, providing you haven't placed an order. Then you can join with someone else as effectively you've never been a rep.

I really don't see why sl give out less books than they should, and expect miracles without a few days. What's the point - at best you'll get a rep who places one small order, then give up as they didn't earn anything. Doesn't do anyone any good, especially as they'll then go round saying not to bother trying being a rep as you can't make any money even though if they'd been given a fair chance (right amount of books, full training and at least a week to get orders in) they probably would have done really well.
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • lozza1985
    edited 3 February 2012 at 12:45PM
    Double post :)
  • I really don't understand why you wouldn't give your new team members the possible start??

I always give atleast 40 brochures if my new reps have a territory to cover and if it's more than half way through a campaign offer them the coice of which campaign to start in?

They know how quickly they want to make some money and what time and effort they are willing to put into this great new venture !!
    Surely retention is the ultimate objective??!!
  • hi. i am a new one in this forum and maby think to join avon.
    i want ask about selling. i can sell in sunday markets ang get new costumers or its illegall?
    Thank very much
  • I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    Selling on markets - Avon's response (which people have copied and pasted onto another Avon forum) is that even though they prefer reps to sell in the traditional way through brochures, parties etc... they can't stop reps from selling on a market stall or through eBay.

One rep's experience that I read about was that they had their application to rent a stall looked at by the people who run the market. There was an objection from another stall holder who sold similar items (I can't remember whether that was just toiletries and make-up or whether they also sold Avon). You'd also need to look at the costs and whether you can make a profit, seeing as Avon will give us a 25% discount on brochure price at most. You'd need to order goods in at their cheapest. What type of market is it? Are other people selling toiletries and make-up and what are their prices? For example, there's a car boot close to where I live where things have to sell for next to nothing - nobody's going to pay much even if the item is in good condition. I know that's not the same as a market, but get an idea of what type of buyer goes to the market - are they in bargain mode or is it more high-end?
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure