Budget energy

Options

Comments

• RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Is this correct then, since BE got our meter reading on the 28th November 2011 they are charging us £54 for a months electricity which is from 28th November until the 20th December? Then the second £54 which they are taking on the 20th December is for our electric from 20th December to the 20th January 2012?

Yes that sounds about right. How does £54 a month compare with your NIE/PowerNI monthly DD?
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    RTNI wrote: »
    Yes that sounds about right. How does £54 a month compare with your NIE/PowerNI monthly DD?

If that is correct we are being charged for a months electric and receiving 22 days?!?

Our monthly DD with Power NI had been £64 and then they increased it to £80 in November. Going on the number of units we used last year our monthly Power NI DD should have been £69.23 since their prices increased recently. The same electric with BE should cost £59.51 at their current rates, a saving of 16.33%.

Hope that makes sense! :eek: :money:
  • Chickabee
    Chickabee Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Hurrah after a very very long drawn out process i'm switched over from NIE meter to Budget Energy.
    To be honest they were a nightmare. And i obviously would have stayed with NIE had it not saved me money by switching over.
    In the end i phoned the NIE centre directly on 0845 3004087 to complete the switch over as i had no faith whatsoever in Budget getting the call arranged for me.
    When their MD personally set up a call back on 30th Nov that never happened i'm afraid i had to take over myself.
    Thanks Hazel for all your advise along the way. I'm a little miffed at the terrible service and the fact the switch over took so long that it didn't give me the opportunity to load up my meter on the 12.77p odds units before the price went up on the 25th.
  • kyral
    kyral Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    I switched on Tuesday and I might turn a few more Christams lights on now lol. It took from 3rd November until 29th November for it all to happen. Looking forward to saving a few pennies.:T
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    Chickabee wrote: »
    Hurrah after a very very long drawn out process i'm switched over from NIE meter to Budget Energy.
    To be honest they were a nightmare. And i obviously would have stayed with NIE had it not saved me money by switching over.
    In the end i phoned the NIE centre directly on 0845 3004087 to complete the switch over as i had no faith whatsoever in Budget getting the call arranged for me.
    When their MD personally set up a call back on 30th Nov that never happened i'm afraid i had to take over myself.
    Thanks Hazel for all your advise along the way. I'm a little miffed at the terrible service and the fact the switch over took so long that it didn't give me the opportunity to load up my meter on the 12.77p odds units before the price went up on the 25th.
    Phew! glad you finally got sorted chick, dont blame you for being miffed.Well done for sticking with it.Still cant understand what on earth they were playing at.But hope all goes well for you now.:D
    I have a feeling that it was NIE's fault really as they were probably given your number to ring you, but likely didnt want to as it is more money for them in the long run...drawing the last few drops of blood from their customers before they left them.Just my own opinion.
  • yorkie98
    yorkie98 Posts: 306 Forumite
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Phew! glad you finally got sorted chick, dont blame you for being miffed.Well done for sticking with it.Still cant understand what on earth they were playing at.But hope all goes well for you now.:D
    I have a feeling that it was NIE's fault really as they were probably given your number to ring you, but likely didnt want to as it is more money for them in the long run...drawing the last few drops of blood from their customers before they left them.Just my own opinion.

I'd tend to agree with that, Budget are obviously keen to get customers on-board and switched whereas NIE are keen to make it as difficult as possible. Hopefully the regulator will be called in if it gets too bad.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    yorkie98 wrote: »
    I'd tend to agree with that, Budget are obviously keen to get customers on-board and switched whereas NIE are keen to make it as difficult as possible. Hopefully the regulator will be called in if it gets too bad.

Same here & I'm wondering if the long delay in switching from Phoenix to Firmus wasn't down to the former delaying the switch deliberately..And I've noticed a marked decrease in useage costs on them both..
  • Dunwunderin
    Options
    Appear to have changed over to Budget but noticed that NIE are still taking monthly payments from my account.
    So I appear to be paying twice for my electric!

The whole changeover process is a total shambles. Hopefully, things will get balanced shortly before I loose my mind and my spare cash!
  • Golden_Anemone
    Golden_Anemone Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2011 at 1:52PM
    Options
    Has anyone else had their DD changed by Budget? I paid £31 in November but they have taken £37 in December. They did notify my of the increased tariff but not of a rise in the DD amount - and before anyone says it, I know it makes sense that the DD would increase. I just thought they were obliged to notify customers before doing this.

Their admin side seems very poor.

Just went a bit farther back and see this happened to Robin too. lol
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone enquired from Budget as to whether or not they are supposed to, or obliged to let their customers know that they intend to increase the DD amount? I am on Keypad meter so it really doesnt affect me but it would be useful for those who are put in this position to know beforehand instead of having extra money taken from their bank account.Budget probably doesnt realise that this action could cause people to end up with bank charges if they dont have enough cash in their account when Budget first increases the amount.
    They should be letting their customers know beforehand in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure