Budget energy

Options

Comments

• Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What did everyone fill in on the Budget Energy DD mandate where it states "Reference"?
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    What did everyone fill in on the Budget Energy DD mandate where it states "Reference"?

Leave blank. They fill that in before sending to bank I think.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 24 November 2011 at 4:41PM
    Options
    RTNI wrote: »
    Leave blank. They fill that in before sending to bank I think.

Thanks! :T

Our form is ready to post when we head out later! We are looking forward to the less expensive bills arriving and we won't be as worried when we put on the electric heater and oil heating to heat our home this winter presuming we get changed over to Budget Electric of course! :j :money:
  • Dunwunderin
    Options
    Monthly bill decreased frm £56 to £49 and NIE was expected to increase costs quite substantially in coming months. So some savings are been made and further savings expected when review is made in 6 month's time.

Changeover process was a bit chaotic but we got there eventually after 3 weeks!
    Main problem was email/phone call/website interactions but should improve as the company gains more experience.
  • Chickabee
    Options
    So are budget energy putting their prices up already? 25th?

After my request to switch over on 1st Oct they have finally give me a switch over date - 30th Nov (so only taken 2 mths)

Not particularly impressed with them as it means i can't even load up the meter before this new price increase
  • mark206000
    Options
    I'm on a keypad meter with Budget Energy. If I top up tonight, say £100 before the increase will this £100 all be at the existing cheaper price ?
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Monthly bill decreased frm £56 to £49 and NIE was expected to increase costs quite substantially in coming months. So some savings are been made and further savings expected when review is made in 6 month's time.

Changeover process was a bit chaotic but we got there eventually after 3 weeks!
    Main problem was email/phone call/website interactions but should improve as the company gains more experience.
    Dunwunderin thats a good savings you made.3 weeks was a good switchover time imo.Some people have been having problems with the length of time but i think it could be because of an influx of new customers plus its not only Budget energy that is involved in the switch,its also Power NI(NIE)but as you say they should probably improve with experience.
    Patience is a virtue and all good things come to those who wait ,is my motto.:D
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    mark206000 wrote: »
    I'm on a keypad meter with Budget Energy. If I top up tonight, say £100 before the increase will this £100 all be at the existing cheaper price ?

Yes,because you'll need to input a longer code,same as with the NIE,& as you won't get that until the increase,it'll stay at the present ate until you input the longer code.
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Options
    Just to say I'm getting an extra 2 days from a £20 top up than I was getting with NIE. :j
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Just to say I'm getting an extra 2 days from a £20 top up than I was getting with NIE. :j

That's roughly what mines working out as as well,around about 80p a day as opposed to £1.00 before the switch.Very happy with that!

OK,so the places I can top up are limited now as I can't use the CoOp anymore but the's a Russels Shop4You just round the corner which is just as handy..(plus if I get my papers from there I get a couple bottles of River Rock free as well!...:D)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure