Budget energy

Options

Comments

• declanmcc
    Options
    Has anyone changed from Keypad Powershift to the normal Keypad rate with Budget Energy?

I rang up just now to change and the guy I spoke too said it may take 2 weeks to activate and there "may be a charge". Won't be happy if that's the case :-(
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Received a call from Budget Energy this afternoon for an up to date meter reading because the one we had posted was over 48 hours old. She said they would be in contact again in a weeks time, don't know what for though! :j
  • sdw406
    Options
    I changed to budget energy & I was on the keypad power shift rate - no charge at all, sounds like scaremongering.
  • sdw406
    Options
    cillbill wrote: »
    Do these power shift rates automatically apply to everyone or do you have to ask to get moved onto the 'Power Shift Rate'?

Hi sorry about the delay,, I originally opted for the powershift rate when I was with NIE as I was rarely in during their peak time. Budget Energy just carried it on but I'm sure if you contact them they should be able to sort you out.
  • Chickabee
    Options
    Does anyone know if the public strikes today have had any effect on switch over calls?
    Typical- my switch over call was diarised for this morning 30th having being an ongoing shambles since 1 Oct and surprise surprise no call! I'm going to give them another half hour before i ring BUDGET to ask them what the hell is actually going on
  • Chickabee
    Options
    Ok so phoned BUDGET to be told " err we don't know why they haven't rang- i'll pass you through now"
    Get through to NIE who tell me they didn't receive any logged request to switch me over today and that according to dates Budget submitted my 10 day cooling off period doesn't finish until tomorrow. So i have to phone them (NIE) tomorrow. I can feel a strong worded letter to Budgets Managing Director coming on.
    All this when i completed the online switching form 1st Oct!
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Naughty BE. They have increased my DD by £6 to £37 and not told me about it! I will need to check the T&C's again to see if they can do that!
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • Jo4
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Received a call from Budget Energy this afternoon for an up to date meter reading because the one we had posted was over 48 hours old. She said they would be in contact again in a weeks time, don't know what for though! :j

We received a letter from Budget Energy today which states "Your first direct debit will be taken on 20th December 2011 for £108 which is a two month direct debit. £54 of this direct debit relates to your switch over period from your current supplier to BudgetEnergy which is taking an average of 3-4 weeks, you will be charged at Budget Energy's tarriff of 14.70 pence (VAT inclusive) during this switch over period. The other £54 of this direct debit is a month payment in advance".

Does this mean that NIE will not be taking a DD in December from our account because Budget Energy is taking it instead or will we still receive a final bill from NIE?
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    We received a letter from Budget Energy today which states "Your first direct debit will be taken on 20th December 2011 for £108 which is a two month direct debit. £54 of this direct debit relates to your switch over period from your current supplier to BudgetEnergy which is taking an average of 3-4 weeks, you will be charged at Budget Energy's tarriff of 14.70 pence (VAT inclusive) during this switch over period. The other £54 of this direct debit is a month payment in advance".

Does this mean that NIE will not be taking a DD in December from our account because Budget Energy is taking it instead or will we still receive a final bill from NIE?

No, NIE/PowerNI will still send you a bill. The meter reading you sent BE is the closing meter reading for NIE / opening reading for BE. NIE will still send you a bill which is to be paid. As it says, you pay your DD a month in advance.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • Jo4
    Options
    RTNI wrote: »
    No, NIE/PowerNI will still send you a bill. The meter reading you sent BE is the closing meter reading for NIE / opening reading for BE. NIE will still send you a bill which is to be paid. As it says, you pay your DD a month in advance.

Is this correct then, since BE got our meter reading on the 28th November 2011 they are charging us £54 for a months electricity which is from 28th November until the 20th December? Then the second £54 which they are taking on the 20th December is for our electric from 20th December to the 20th January 2012?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure