PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LandyAndy wrote: »
    'less than 3 miles from the city centre' :rotfl:

You wouldn't want to walk it though. Well it would be ok on the way in but it's a hell of a slog coming back.
    My DD used to do Weston Park to Ralph Allen most days. That's 3 miles each way

We'd give her the bus fare, but she'd trouser that and walk it , unless it was chucking it down.

She wasn't alone; a few of her mates did similarly. :A
  • Davesnave
    Options
    The point I'm making is that "someone else's" dustbins are there right by that persons home being an eyesore.
    Yes, and the point I'm making is that they will have no direct control over that, so it was a bit silly of the agent to highlight a major down-side in the very first photo, when all that was needed was a shot from a few paces to the left.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    My DD used to do Weston Park to Ralph Allen most days. That's 3 miles each way

As a schoolboy I competed regularly, for Midsomer Norton Grammar School, in athletics competitions at Ralph Allen. :D
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    An outdoor pool, in Ayrshire... such optimism! http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52508706.html

And some very unique styling throughout.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They're hardy folk north of that border. Just looking at that pool makes me shiver.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    As a schoolboy I competed regularly, for Midsomer Norton Grammar School, in athletics competitions at Ralph Allen. :D
    Ah, the good old days! I did a term's teaching at your poor relations' place down the road: Paulton Secondary.

Amazing place. The head used to run discos and staff v pupil volleyball in the lunch hour. Purnells had donated a massive trampoline to the school, but it took up a whole room, so I had to do an afternoon of Eng Lit on it once a week, everyone sitting cross-legged around the edge!

Lovely kids, great atmosphere, but norra lorra intellectual challenges.....Nobody knew what to do with the non-academic 16 year olds when they raised the leaving age, so a huge pond and environmental area was under way when I left......

The school was closed down shortly after and everyone went to the comps. :o
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    glasgowdan wrote: »
    An outdoor pool, in Ayrshire... such optimism! http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52508706.html

And some very unique styling throughout.

I'll hazard a guess - someone who moved from rather further south at some point back in the 1970s - and had long since decided how their final house was going to be when they got it. They got the house together as they had decided - and then found out what the weather was like there afterwards....:cool: - and they've been freezing their little !!! off ever since...
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Ah, the good old days! I did a term's teaching at your poor relations' place down the road: Paulton Secondary.

The school was closed down shortly after and everyone went to the comps. :o

You'd have been there when I was a schoolboy ;) In fact i'll hazard a guess that was 1972 or 1973.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    You'd have been there when I was a schoolboy ;) In fact i'll hazard a guess that was 1972 or 1973.

Bang on!:T Writhlington comp to follow in '73.

After that, I changed to primary.....
  • djp64
    djp64 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    This is not in the same league as some of the finds but it's beyond me why the EA has drawn attention to the ugly piping in the shower / wet room - see pics 7 and 8
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50252478.html

Debbie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family