Toilet Roll

Comments

• rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Use water from a jug with a long spout. This is common practice in many countries and does leave you very clean and fresh. The left hand is used to 'clean' as the right hand would be considered the hand that you eat or drink with iykwim!
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    gillypkk wrote: »
    those who say they use baby wipes are aware that they are not flushable and dont degrade and will end up clogging the drains and leaving you and your neighbours with a very messy smelly problem which can be very very expensive to sort arent you?

I think most people are aware that you can't flush wipes. I just keep a wee lidded bin in the bathroom to put the used ones in. Wouldn't dream of flushing them, but I suppose some people either wouldn't think of it or be too selfish and just flush. Good idea to point it out. Thanks!
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • erdd2
    erdd2 Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    The bloke I used to work with always said 3 sheets per visit were sufficient - 1 to wipe up, 1 to wipe down and 1 to polish. I never knew if he was joking or not! :D

Oooooooooooooo he is spoiled, we were allocated 2 sheets max from a da that spent a fortune in the boozers!
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi taxsaver,

These threads may give you some ideas:

toilet rolls ? best way of saving

that whole loo roll thing

any alternative to loo roll...................

One of us will add your thread to the first link later to keep the suggestions together.

Pink
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Value baby wipes in our house though in the last 6 months they've gone up from 18p to 49p :eek: so I'm not sure if it is (or ever has been) more economical but I can't stand the idea of wiping my butt with a piece of paper. Seriously, if you got poo on your hand (changing a nappy for example) would you wipe it with a bit of dry tissue and think it was clean??!
    probably not but then at my age i have learnt to wipe my tushie without this happening.. do you flush the baby wipes or do they just clog up landfill??:cool:
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    I have a poo at work, that means i use their loo roll and not mine,.
  • I have a poo at work, that means i use their loo roll and not mine,.

That post reminds me of this website...
    :o
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    rosie383 wrote: »
    I think most people are aware that you can't flush wipes. I just keep a wee lidded bin in the bathroom to put the used ones in. Wouldn't dream of flushing them, but I suppose some people either wouldn't think of it or be too selfish and just flush. Good idea to point it out. Thanks!
    Most households with women should have a little bin anyway in the bathroom for lady pads, that's where our wipes go.
    Reverbe wrote: »
    probably not but then at my age i have learnt to wipe my tushie without this happening.. do you flush the baby wipes or do they just clog up landfill??:cool:
    I'm old enough to know how to wipe properly but I just feel that a dry bit of tissue isn't enough to clean, it's just my personal preference. Some women use wipes every day to clean their make-up off, I don't but I do use them for my bottom. :o

I have friends who use the water & jug method that rosie383 mentioned and they think it's very dirty to just wipe with tissue. Horses for courses I guess?
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • My Granny had 6 children and said that the amount of toilet paper they went through was obscene, in the end she bought one of those boxes that release tissue paper a sheet at a time like you get some public toilets and there was a vast improvement in the amount used.
  • Rebob
    Rebob Posts: 1,010
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    We use the Nicky roll here. Its £2 for nine rolls in quality savers.
    The best bargains are priceless!!!!!!!!!! :T :T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport