Toilet Roll

Comments

• jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Nicky is the best value in my opinion. It's very strong. I used to buy the larger size Andrex rolls as I find they lasted ages - only on offer though! Can't find them anywhere now though, so it's back to Nicky.
  • taxsaver
    taxsaver Posts: 620 Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    I just knew you'd get the 'cloths' answer taxsaver, I just can't believe anyone actually does that. The rationing suggestion takes me back to when you had a ask for paper at school.

I agree with the flattening the roll idea, especially if you've got children in the house.

Best value (if you must buy any;)) IMO is Nicky brand from Farmfoods. It's 9 rolls per pack, 2 packs for £4. Soft, strong, quilted.....what more could you ask for? And I'm speaking as an Andrex convert:D
    jackieb wrote: »
    Nicky is the best value in my opinion. It's very strong. I used to buy the larger size Andrex rolls as I find they lasted ages - only on offer though! Can't find them anywhere now though, so it's back to Nicky.

Thank you to all that answered. I'll try flattening the roll to see if that slows down my OH! Especially thank you to jackieb and maman - that's very helpful as we use Andrex mostly! I shall be making my first ever visit to Farmfoods next week. :)

I think I'll pass on the cloths idea though, although...... I seem to have rather more handkerchiefs than I will ever be able to use! hmmmmm :rotfl:
    If you feel my comments are helpful then I'd love it if you 'Thanked' me! :)
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    I just knew you'd get the 'cloths' answer taxsaver, I just can't believe anyone actually does that.
    a great BIG same here:eek::eek::eek:
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • erdd2
    erdd2 Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Gross - who does the washing in your house?!

The washing machine ;)
  • erdd2
    erdd2 Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    taxsaver wrote: »
    Well somebody has to ask!

Is there an OS way of saving on the cost of toilet rolls?

We don't like the really cheap and thin papers and no, I don't want to use old newspaper!!

So is there a way to save on the amount of this being used, not just from a financial viewpoint but also from an eco one.

I think I can safely admit this now as twas in the 80s, we used to "nick" them from campus :embarasse
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you to all that answered. I'll try flattening the roll to see if that slows down my OH! Especially thank you to jackieb and maman - that's very helpful as we use Andrex mostly! I shall be making my first ever visit to Farmfoods next week. :)

I think I'll pass on the cloths idea though, although...... I seem to have rather more handkerchiefs than I will ever be able to use! hmmmmm :rotfl:

Home Bargains also sell the Nicky brand. £2 for 9 or £3.99 for an 18 pack.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Well somebody has to ask!

Is there an OS way of saving on the cost of toilet rolls?

We don't like the really cheap and thin papers and no, I don't want to use old newspaper!!

So is there a way to save on the amount of this being used, not just from a financial viewpoint but also from an eco one.

I use baby wet wipes (like huggies or whatever) I find these cheap as you only use one.
  • Allegra
    Allegra Posts: 1,517 Forumite

I don't actually use family cloths, but these sort of comments always puzzle me - how is using cloths for adults really any different than using cloth nappies for babies ? There'd be rather less waste to deal with, actually. And then it all goes into the washing machine anyway.... Or you could just use them for wees, and keep a stock of loo roll for poos and any visitors ;)
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite

I didn't say I used them! However its no different from washable nappies and wipes - which I did use.
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Value baby wipes in our house though in the last 6 months they've gone up from 18p to 49p :eek: so I'm not sure if it is (or ever has been) more economical but I can't stand the idea of wiping my butt with a piece of paper. Seriously, if you got poo on your hand (changing a nappy for example) would you wipe it with a bit of dry tissue and think it was clean??!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure