Discuss the free solar panel company: A Shade Greener

Options

Comments

• whambam
    whambam Posts: 510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    whats are the make and model of the panels are they german, spanish or american?
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2015 at 11:04AM
    Options
    http://ashadegreener.co.uk/

Since yesterday so not clear if this is a temporary situation or whether the company is now defunct

"This domain name has expired"
    Hi

Looks like you caught the site as the registration was being updated .... Whois details ...

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 02-Jun-2009
    Expiry date: 02-Jun-2017
    Last updated: 03-Jun-2015
    Registration status:
    Registered until expiry date.

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • The_disappointed
    Options
    Well, it's been a while since I posted details of the problems we had with the failed initial installation of the panels. Remiss of me to take so long, apologies.

Bottom line is, it all got kick started again, largely as a result of my post here in fact, but apologies were made by the company, and an assurance that lessons had been learned from the issues we had which were due to the scaffolders not erecting the scaffold and the installation thus stalling.

It was finally installed in April, and is working fine now. Quick mention to the new scaffold company used to do it in the end, Linxs First Choice Scaffolding of Liverpool, who turned up as a 2 man crew, as opposed to the initial team in an unliveried vehicle, who were 3 men! Despite this, they erected the scaffolding in around an hour without any issues regarding the presence of the conservatory, or standing on it (Which they didn't, I was present the whole time, and my wife was when they took it down again.)

Clearly, I can't comment on whether ASG's process will now work when the wheels fall off the initial installation process, as it did with us, but maybe others will come along and say how it went under similar circumstances. For now, they admitted fault, assured me they had learned from it, and did the job right in the end. Can't say fairer than that!
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 15 July 2015 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Don't go with Shade Greener. They're dodgy from what I hear. You should drop the energy saving advice service an email to see if they can help you with that. I think their address is [EMAIL="energy-advice@est.org.uk"]energy-advice@est.org.uk[/EMAIL]

What do you hear?

I am very much against the whole rent-a-roof scheme as they draw £millions a year in subsidies that we electricity customers pay in increase bills.

However considering the are by far the biggest firm in this game, ASG seem to have very few complaints and a lot of praise.

Why don't YOU email EST about ASG and publish their reply on this thread? I would be astounded if they criticise the firm.

P.S.
    You joined today and have posted 12 times in 10 minutes on various subjects and each post contains this message:

You should drop the energy saving advice service an email to see if they can help you with that. I think their address is [EMAIL="energy-advice@est.org.uk"]energy-advice@est.org.uk[/EMAIL]
    What on earth are you trying to achieve?
  • jules871
    Options
    I had my solar panels installed on 10 April 2015 and had to wait till 22 April to get the scaffolding removed. When the scaffolding was removed two windows were broken and the LNB on the Sky dish was broken. A Shade Greener have agreed to pay for one broken window and the SKY damage. All I have asked for is the property to be restored to the same condition it was in before they left and £50 compensation for all the aggravation I have had in chasing this matter. I sent a lengthy email to Stewart Davies on 11 July and have yet to receive the courtesy of a reply. I would not recommend A Shade Greener on this basis (although I did to one neighbour before all this started and luckily he has had no problems that I know of apart from the fact that they turned up one morning without any notification, which was inconvenient as they are both shift workers). I have also had to contact my energy provider to arrange for the electric meter to be changed as the meter was going backwards. This is apparently a common problem and A Shade Greener did not make me aware of it, in fact the electrician who did the electrical work mentioned that it may go back but made out that this was normal. It was only when I queried this with EDF that they said the meter had no backstop and would have to be changed. It also means that they will have to estimate the electricity used from April to July as the clock is obviously showing an inaccurate reading.
  • g3az66
    g3az66 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone use a monitor to see how much they generate/consume? Ashadegreeners online monitoring is basically useless!

I purchased the OWL PV monitoring system but it seems its not complatible due to needing to connect the clamps around live cores and not the ones carrying neutral and earth. I do not want to start cutting into the wires!
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Alice915, the website you mention just happens to be your own website ???

Spam reported.
  • Sparkfoot
    Options
    Refering to the posts a couple of pages back, no it's not OK to run 240V AC cables in a wall cavity. As already stated, there's the issue of future cavity wall insulation installation (will the installers know the cable is there? Probably not if the house has changed hands, it's not the sort of thing a seller reveals, as it is against the wiring regulations). The owner mentioned damp in this east wall. During my training as an electrician, I was told that a main reason for not running cables of any sort in a cavity was that it can touch the outer wall which may be damp with condensation and lower down touch the inner wall and transfer this water there, causing damp problems inside.

In short, installing the cable in the cavity was a short cut so that they could go home early.
  • charleebear
    Options
    We had our panel fitted on the 25th July 2015. The guys turned up first thing in the morning and were there for just 3 hours. They were quick, tidy and very helpful. All the service we had so far was great, the visits and information we received was really good and we had no complaints.
    The day after they were fitted however, a block of mortar fell from our roof and luckily neither our neighbour or their car were underneath it! It had been damaged upon fitting! I called a shade greener immediately and was told the case had been passed to the re ideal team and they will contact us ASAP.....that was 3 weeks ago!! After a few days I called again and was asked to send photos of which I instantly did....still no call...
    I have since called everyday as soon a so speak to someone they tell me the guy I need to talk to I so lunch or on the phone and he will call me back immediately?!!! He has not! I just spent 12 minutes on hold without speaking to anyone. I have sent a message via Facebook twice and also emailed. I will be calling everyday until we get an answer. At the end of the day if another piece falls and causes damage it will be their problem I just hope no one gets hurt!!.........
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    . I have sent a message via Facebook twice and also emailed. I will be calling everyday until we get an answer. ...

Disconnect the panels(at night) - that will concentrate their minds!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback