Discuss the free solar panel company: A Shade Greener

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Pearl2
    Options
    We've had ASG solar panels for about 10 years now and not had any problems. We save about a third on our electricity bills. We now have a smart meter/monitor and can see when the power is going to the National Grid and not costing us anything. It is great to have this as I can see that when I am running the washing machine (when it is sunny) it isn't costing us any money. We don't get the benefit of the power going to the National Grid but we do make the most of what power is being produced by the Sun! The ASG website has a login section where you can see what power has been produced by the solar panels.
  • ElephantBoy57
    Options
    What are the average savings per year? At the moment I pay just 80£pm with Bulb for both energy and gas, so really I would rather have the buyer take them to a skip and get rid of them.
    I have eight solar panels

Can you, just by looking at the pictures, tell what kind of panels are these?
    They certainly look like solar panels. They have squeezed a lot of panels onto that roof, I wish they would have squeezed more on my roof. New roof tiles, I wish they would have redone my roof prior to putting the panels on.
    So long as the roof structure can support them all. My metre and cables for the panels are in the loft.

• grufferator
    Options
    They certainly look like solar panels. 

I meant more like what kind of solar panels. :) Has the technology changed in the last 8 years?
    The roof on this house has been replaced 10 years ago. I guess I am safe and don't need to worry about problems?
  • Help and advice needed.  I have recently lost my house sale and property devalued and lost onward sale... devasted to say the least.

ASG been very uncooperative, mislead at point of installation. They told my estate agent to find a buyer who wants them or will have to wait until lease is up 17 years still to go, they not prepared to remove them.

Sent me an email quoting how many hundreds of houses have sold with the panels on, and lots of speel about mortgage lenders and putting the blame on solicitors being unexperienced.
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You will probably find more people familiar with ASG over on this forum:
    Most of the solar related debate is there...
  • Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,173 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Help and advice needed.  I have recently lost my house sale and property devalued and lost onward sale... devasted to say the least.

ASG been very uncooperative, mislead at point of installation. They told my estate agent to find a buyer who wants them or will have to wait until lease is up 17 years still to go, they not prepared to remove them.

Sent me an email quoting how many hundreds of houses have sold with the panels on, and lots of speel about mortgage lenders and putting the blame on solicitors being unexperienced.
    You may have to buy the lease.  ASG will get 17 years worth of FIT payments.  Whatever that totals up to, they would surely take a smaller amount of money up-front now.  That's why your house is devalued, because of the cost of buying-out the solar panel lease.  Of course if you did that you, or subsequent owners, would then get the benefit of the FIT payments.  Unfortunately few buyers seem to take much notice of the value of a solar panel income.  
    Reed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure