Discuss the free solar panel company: A Shade Greener

Options

Comments

• The_disappointed
    Options
    There's a switch on the panel in your loft to disconnect them, you can do it in the day, makes no difference.

and use Twitter, not facebook, more likely to be noticed as it's in a smaller sea of rubbish! Include @ashadeagreener in the post!
  • Colin5753
    Options
    Well what a shambolic company these are!! I had these come out to me and was told my roof was fine for the panels and then a few weeks later got a letter to say my roof wasn't suitable. Ok I thought never mind. Then some weeks after I get a knock on the door from a person Called Simon who works for ASHADEGREENER who starts to tell me about the scheme again, I quickly interrupted and said I'm sorry but your company have already been out and said our roof isn't suitable to which he replied there have been a lot of mistakes made by our surveyors so we are now checking all the properties again so do you mind if I measure up? I told him to carry on, after which he told me your roof will defiantly be suitable and as I am the head surveyor I will guarantee they will be fitted, you can imagine my shock and surprise !!! he then said I will get another chap to come along and take the final measurements on the 28th September if that's ok with you, to which I replied yes that's fine, he was suppose to come in the morning but didn't turn up so I called Simon on 0781719883 and asked where the chap was? to which he replied I will try and find out for you and get back and let you know, well about 10 mins later I got a call from Simon saying he had been held up so it would now be afternoon, so I waited all afternoon and you guessed it; no he didn't turn up so again I called Simon who told me he would be there by 6pm but that didn't happen either. The next day I called Simon and told him that no one showed and he apologised saying he would see what had gone wrong? anyway I received a call from their office to make another appointment for the 8th October, this time the person showed up and straight away he said you can't have panels on this roof, I told him what Simon had said and he said 'Who is Simon' I said he must be your boss he said he was the head surveyor to which he replied no he isn't!! Anyway he asked for Simons number as he wanted to call him as he had been to so many properties that day and found that none of them were suitable. Well off he went, so I decided to give this Simon a call and tell him what I had been told and his reply was I don't know the person who came to your house but I will pop in on my way over from Telford so it maybe late ? so I waited but he didn't turn up so I decided to give the company a call and speak to customer services or a manager, well that wasn't easy as they do not show a contact number on their site which is very odd??? so I emailed them asking for a manager to call me this is the reply I got which was an auto reply 'We aim to respond to your enquiry within 48 hours' well its been a lot longer than 48 hours and no one has bothered to contact me at all. All I can say is this company don't even know what day it is they have no care or thought for their prospective customers and they seem to think that I have nothing better to do than to wait around for them not to turn up!!! Obviously someone in this shanbolic company is lying and I've no reason to suspect the chap who said we couldn't have them who by the way was very apologetic and sincere. Think very carefully before you agree to anything with this company folks.
  • Lazy_mango
    Options
    I had panels fitted a couple of weeks ago, I call ASG earlier has I haven't had my account details to log on to their website and also I haven't had anyone come to compile the energy efficiency report which was promised for free.

For some unknown reason that they don't even know my welcome pack that should have been sent hasn't been and no one knows why for the online log in.

With regards to the energy efficiency cert, apparently theirs a letter that we have never had that says they don't always come out they just take it from the last one registered with the land registry, when I read out all the letters I have received that states someone comes out and completes a full new certificate and that the original sales woman, the man that came to answer all our questions and the installation team all stated that someone will come and do a completely new report, apparently they all lied according to Shaun the manager in that department, but he's also the one who said he would contact the installation team and get back to me before 4pm today, so I waited in for his call that never came so just after 4pm I called back to be told he had left for the day so it appears to me they are all liars. I have now disconnected the panels and they will not be reconnected until they have fulfilled the contact that I signed, in my opinion steer well clear of this complete bunch of liars as they don't even stand by their own contracts, they will tell you everything to get you to sign but have no intention of completing any of it
  • n.harvey47
    Options
    Avoid these like the plague!!!!!!!!! Workmen are cowboys;A Shade Greener staff unhelpful,lazy and liars. Referred my mother via correct referral 'conditions' on 15/06/15 when it was £100 each and confirmed we would both get this by , Mykel Hedge;however despite phoning 01226 369990 for THREE weeks continuously in December'15-we are still awaiting the full £100.YOU should all be ashamed-absolutely disgraceful and NO excuses.Simply not good enough. Mykel Hedge-do you read all these negative comments,if so why don't you personally do something about them?I will continue ringing until we get the referral money and will publish honest reviews on media forums such as this to highlight your short comings.I eagerly await your response
  • ianiello
    Options
    My brother in law had panels fitted by A Shade Greener not long ago and he was very happy with their work and they even fixed some loose tiles on his roof while they were working.

Anyway he sent me a referral code and we had our survey on 29th Dec, nice young chap came round had a look inside and out, took lots of pics and said I would be contacted by 5th Jan with either the thumbs up or thumbs down.

Nothing happened, no calls and nothing today so I called them and a young lady told me they have stopped, the government funding has stopped and they are now all redundant!!

I know from your previous comments some of you have had bad experiences but can anyone else confirm if they are closed or redundant? it may be the person did not care but perhaps not??

If anyone has more information please let me know

Thanks
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    It is not surprising that with the long overdue(IMO) reduction in subsidies for solar PV - paid for by a levy on all other electricity consumers - that ASG won't find it profitable to install new systems.

However with an income from at least 67,000 systems they installed they surely won't have gone out of business; albeit they could change their name. Apart from counting the money over the next 20 years, there will be some repairs required.

You will also see from their website https://ashadegreener.co.uk/ they have other businesses running i.e. everlasting boilers and biomass.

You might find out more by going to their facebook or twitter link.
  • ianiello
    Options
    Ok, my wife commented on their FB page (sorry I don't do FB) where they promise replies within a few hours

We had to wait till the next day but they say that the government has cut the feed in tariff a month early and as such they are no longer taking applications for free solar panels

They say they will maintain existing installations but no new installs

So if anyone else has applied last minute expect bad news
  • Bee70
    Bee70 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Do not go near this company!
    We recently purchased a house with A shade greener panels on under the rent a roof scheme. We needed to replace the roof as per mortgage requirements. It took over a month of phone calls, emails and social media to get them to agree to remove the panels, they did not confirm they were coming - I constantly had to chase. I was finally given a time, and then they turned up late.
    Getting the panels back on is proving just as hard.
    Again, countless phone calls, 4 appointments where they haven't turned up. The panels are on the roof but not working, as there is an electrical fault, including it all going through 1 cable not 2 - and I am STILL waiting for them to resolve the issue.
    They do not respond to even formal letters of complaint. (and they removed our negative feedback from their social media pages)
    Avoid like the Plague
  • Safcgun
    Options
    We had our solar panels fitted by A Shade Greener last year as did 2 of my neighbours on my recommendation. We are all now having a problem with pigeons nesting in between the panels and the roof. I have contacted Shade Greener who have been very slow in responding only to be told as this doesn't affect the working of the panels it's not their problem. Also if we get any work done ourselves which affects the panels then we are reponsible so basically there is no comeback on them. None of us had trouble with pigeons before but now all three properties are affected. I personally want them removed but again Shade Greener don't respond to telephone calls, emails or Facebook messages
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Safcgun wrote: »
    We had our solar panels fitted by A Shade Greener last year as did 2 of my neighbours on my recommendation. We are all now having a problem with pigeons nesting in between the panels and the roof. I have contacted Shade Greener who have been very slow in responding only to be told as this doesn't affect the working of the panels it's not their problem. Also if we get any work done ourselves which affects the panels then we are reponsible so basically there is no comeback on them. None of us had trouble with pigeons before but now all three properties are affected. I personally want them removed but again Shade Greener don't respond to telephone calls, emails or Facebook messages
    Hi

I'd send them an e-mail stating that the restricted airflow under the panels increases their operating temperature and therefore reduces the efficiency of the panels - contrary to what they have said, this actually does have an effect on the working of the panels, both reducing the FiT payments to them and the available energy for you to use. I'd go on to explain that high voltage DC cables, high summer temperatures and combustible materials found in nests may be a hazardous combination and ask them to confirm in writing that they have checked with their insurance providers whether their insurance covers your property against damage caused by their equipment and to what level (ie full!) ...

In effect they're renting the air space above your roof and without the panels the gap wouldn't exist ... cause, panel gap with no vermin access restriction / effect, nest .... without their equipment choice the nest wouldn't be there. A simple cause & effect analysis therefore suggests that it's their problem to solve at their cost ...

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure