£5 free orange prepaid card credit - chat?

Options

Comments

• logyon
    logyon Posts: 358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i got a code, but applications site is down,

hoping my code will work when it comes back up

does getting a code guarantee you a card ??
    Wins 2002 OTHER: Xbox Original
    HDUK - 2010 NOV: GT5 (PS3 GAME) 2011 FEB: Space Invaders t-shirt
    MSE -
    2011:JAN: ESPN Mobile Sub, FEB: Adrian Dawson's Book: Sequence MAR: Hercules XPS 2.0 USB SPEAKERS

Debt: C/C £800 C/C2 £0 Clubbys £1150 Overdrafts RBS £250 Loan £10500

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

would that be me by any chance?
    yes i had given >50 codes to HUKD users and some MSE members

@ retro_bunny
    i have messaged you
  • sedlanigan
    Options
    Quaint1 wrote: »
    I eventually got a code - does anyone know if this means I've definately got a card (once the website comes back up!)?
    Au Res.,
    Paul

yes my friend if you have a code you are guaranteed a card as only 2000 codes are available ;)
  • logyon
    Options
    "vinh1000, an jazferbetay on hduk lol, i got my code to my email just trying to apply
    MSE -
    2011:JAN: ESPN Mobile Sub, FEB: Adrian Dawson's Book: Sequence MAR: Hercules XPS 2.0 USB SPEAKERS

• littlejaffa
    littlejaffa Posts: 2,251 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    could i have a code if you have a spare please? thanks xx
    Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
    Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
  • pig_let_cool
    pig_let_cool Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Options
    The code is purely a voucher that you enter when applying for the card, which is just a normal basket system, so YES, you should have secured a card... (the code gives £10 off your basket, £5 covers the setup fee, and then you get a £5 topup on the card) When the screen to apply shows up, it will list ways to pay... mentions texting etc to cover the £5 fee, IGNORE all that, scroll to the bottom and click proceed, enter the code on screen 3 :)
    :jThe Money Saving Wannabe :j
  • megtheminx
    Options
    I got onto the page where it asks you to put your email address in and enter those spam-filter nonsense word things about 4 times, but then when I clicked 'submit' it went to an internal server error. Annoying, as thats half an hour of my life I'll never get back! lol.

Why do companies never learn that websites just can't cope with that amount of traffic? Not Martin's fault, just a general point... this ALWAYS happens when there's a popular offer, concert tickets etc. It seems to be luck of the draw whether you get in or not with things like this. Why don't they let everyone pre-register a couple of days before, and then just choose 2,000 at random. It would still be pot luck whether you get it or not, and we wouldn't all have wasted half an hour sat here re-freshing webpages!

Thanks anyway Martin, it was worth a go :D x

I had the same thing, 4 or 5 pages where I raced the Internal Server message to input my e-mail address and the two nonsense words - then a page saying "Sorry - Please bear with us", and then the expected message that the free cards were all gone. I'm always hopeful at the start of these offers but I never end up getting any of them :cry:.
    Perhaps a random draw would be a better way of dealing with it but then the company concerned wouldn't generate any extra sales from people who missed out on the free cards and decided to buy one anyway.
  • Patrick20
    Patrick20 Posts: 754 Forumite
    Options
    http://imgur.com/9iLzo

I successfully got onto the email registration and captcha part 4 times and each time got an error. I didn't mind the errors before that point but after I entered details was beyond a joke. :mad:
  • sedlanigan
    Options
    The rudeness of people who lost out is quite incredible. This is the first time I've ever managed to get in on a deal like this, we all knew what to expect, it happens EVERY time a decent limited offer shows up.

And for the record I'm on pathetic internet speeds.

lol same here m8 i got one too :P maybe those who are boasting about getting 4 or more codes need shooting lol im happy with just the 1 :D i have never won anything before and this was like a mini competition win for me so yay go me!! :rotfl:
  • logyon
    Options
    i have 4 pages open constantly refreshing and then eventually got a words entered that and hit enter and then got email threw. but must hae tried about 10 times, constantly. used google chrome
    MSE -

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport