£5 free orange prepaid card credit - chat?

Options

Comments

• littlejaffa
    littlejaffa Posts: 2,251 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yet again MSE takes down a website of a well known company.

This is so unfair that people without a super duper fast corporate connection cant actually get a code for a free card.
    People see free and automatically rush to get it.

MSE should now be charged by Orange for what is technically a DDoS attack.

Sorry to burst your bubble but i have the superdooperfastcorporate connection you speak of and still can't get one.
    MSE provides the information only - if Oranges deal is so popular they can't cope with the traffic it's their IT that needs sorting
    Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
    Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
  • Wilsey
    Wilsey Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    It just came up that they are all gone now..
  • Quaint1
    Quaint1 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I eventually got a code - does anyone know if this means I've definately got a card (once the website comes back up!)?
    Au Res.,
    Paul
  • mattguk
    mattguk Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    all gone...
    "
    sorry folks

All the vouchers from the Compare and Save deal have now been redeemed. You can still apply for the card and get all the great benefits but the normal charges will apply."
  • jiggyquincy
    jiggyquincy Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Just got through and it says all the cards have gone!

"All the vouchers from the Compare and Save deal have now been redeemed. You can still apply for the card and get all the great benefits but the normal charges will apply."
    Free stuff is GOOD stuff :p
  • ticketcollector
    ticketcollector Posts: 377 Forumite
    edited 23 June 2011 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Well ive always found that people with corporate connections always seem to get these offers.
    The site was fine until MSE gave a link, which then made the site crash. Thats technically a DDoS attack, however as no one has any malice it could be argued different.

Refreshed and:
    sorry folks

All the vouchers from the Compare and Save deal have now been redeemed. You can still apply for the card and get all the great benefits but the normal charges will apply.

apply now
    Ex-Employee of a Train Operating Company.
    Ticket routing and rules expert.
    Been Penalty Fared on the Railway? PM me and Ill try to help you win your appeal.
    Been sent a summons on the Railway? PM me and Ill try to help you.
  • skyeandeviesmummy
    Options
    Just got on and got the following message:
    sorry folks

All the vouchers from the Compare and Save deal have now been redeemed. You can still apply for the card and get all the great benefits but the normal charges will apply.

Oh well
  • greatgatz
    greatgatz Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    i just got one - a minute ago

persevere! x
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well ive always found that people with corporate connections always seem to get these offers.
    The site was fine until MSE gave a link, which then made the site crash. Thats technically a DDoS attack, however as no one has any malice it could be argued different.

Refreshed and:
    sorry folks

apply now

What a f**king waste of 30mins of my life.

Some you win. Some you lose. I've 'won' loads of these 'fastest fingers' offers before. Just not this time. A fiver is great, but not worth beating yourself up about.;)
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • glitterjunkie
    Options
    I got onto the page where it asks you to put your email address in and enter those spam-filter nonsense word things about 4 times, but then when I clicked 'submit' it went to an internal server error. Annoying, as thats half an hour of my life I'll never get back! lol.

Why do companies never learn that websites just can't cope with that amount of traffic? Not Martin's fault, just a general point... this ALWAYS happens when there's a popular offer, concert tickets etc. It seems to be luck of the draw whether you get in or not with things like this. Why don't they let everyone pre-register a couple of days before, and then just choose 2,000 at random. It would still be pot luck whether you get it or not, and we wouldn't all have wasted half an hour sat here re-freshing webpages!

Thanks anyway Martin, it was worth a go :D x

Attempting to pay off our debts! Balances Jan 2018 -
    Family member £3,700 - Virgin CC £1,000 - MBNA £1,700 - Barclaycard £2,500 (was £2,700) - Halifax CC £1,280
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure