£5 free orange prepaid card credit - chat?

Options

Comments

• ticketcollector
    Options
    Its stupid.

2000 cards for an email list of 8million (or however many million MSE like to boast about). Do the maths for christ's sake.

Anyway im off to complain to the ASA about it, clearly certain companies failed to allow for the increased amount of traffic.
    Ex-Employee of a Train Operating Company.
    Ticket routing and rules expert.
    Been Penalty Fared on the Railway? PM me and Ill try to help you win your appeal.
    Been sent a summons on the Railway? PM me and Ill try to help you.
  • losthour
    losthour Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    I was lucky and got one after about 25 minutes of pressing F5.
  • littlejaffa
    littlejaffa Posts: 2,251 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    stebiz wrote: »
    Some you win. Some you lose. I've 'won' loads of these 'fastest fingers' offers before. Just not this time. A fiver is great, but not worth beating yourself up about.;)

haha i love the fastest finger idea it's sooo true :rotfl:
    i'll be calling them that now :D :beer:
    Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
    Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
  • pig_let_cool
    pig_let_cool Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Options
    The rudeness of people who lost out is quite incredible. This is the first time I've ever managed to get in on a deal like this, we all knew what to expect, it happens EVERY time a decent limited offer shows up.

And for the record I'm on pathetic internet speeds.
    :jThe Money Saving Wannabe :j
  • Retro_Bunny
    Retro_Bunny Posts: 650 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If anyone got a code, I'll give you £5 for it - I don't need the £5, I just want the pre-paid Mastercard without paying the £5 fee...

They should've done this offer as a free card, without the £5 topped up on it....

Thanks.
    --- Warning: Grumpy Old Man in Training ---
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its stupid.

2000 cards for an email list of 8million (or however many million MSE like to boast about). Do the maths for christ's sake.

Anyway im off to complain to the ASA about it, clearly certain companies failed to allow for the increased amount of traffic.

I know were you are coming from. It was frustrating. A bit like when you try and buy popular tickets for a concert ie Take That.

Just a big swizz to get more people onto the Orange site. Not by MSE. Personally I think it is bad publicity for Orange - but that is only my opinion.
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • A.Jones
    A.Jones Posts: 508 Forumite
    edited 23 June 2011 at 12:42PM
    Options
    Quaint1 wrote: »
    I eventually got a code - does anyone know if this means I've definately got a card (once the website comes back up!)?
    Au Res.,
    Paul

I hope so, as we have got three of them! And that's three different people before people complain (and you are allowed four per address according to T&C). But the application page (portal.prepaytec.com) where you enter the code is now dead. I have got so far four times, each time to get an application error. Surely only 2000 people have got the codes, so why is it not working?

And strange that the email with the code said 2500, not 2000.
  • roh999
    roh999 Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 June 2011 at 12:52PM
    Options
    Well ive always found that people with corporate connections always seem to get these offers.
    The site was fine until MSE gave a link, which then made the site crash. Thats technically a DDoS attack, however as no one has any malice it could be argued different.

Refreshed and:
    sorry folks

All the vouchers from the Compare and Save deal have now been redeemed. You can still apply for the card and get all the great benefits but the normal charges will apply.

apply now

What a f**king waste of 30mins of my life. Someone from MSE needs to be shot.

awwwwww i feel so sorry for you!you wouldnt have moaned had you got one though would you!
    Im known as the 'Fixer' if you have a problem,come to me and i can fix it for you.
  • roh999
    roh999 Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    there is a guy on hotdeals who got loads of codes and is giving them away no problem if anyone missed out.
    Im known as the 'Fixer' if you have a problem,come to me and i can fix it for you.
  • Wolfie1877
    Wolfie1877 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to have got further then other people on here, i put my email in and got a reply with a code, after much refreshing i managed to put my name and address in but when i pressed submit it came up as internal error. so im not sure if i got one or not. Just have to wait and see
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure