Newspapers Report "Disabled Car Plan Racket"

Options

Comments

• pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    pstuart wrote: »
    I agree with Sunnyone, 220 responses to a load of tosh in a racist comic and you end up constantly responding to a personality defect.

Not just stupid, but bringing a complete lack of credibility both to this forum and MSE.

Everyone has a choice about which active posts they respond to and it isn't for anyone else to decide otherwise.

You didn't need to respond to anything on this thread, you chose to, just as others have done.

Given the range of posts made on MSE, I would hardly say this particular one brings a lack of credibility to anything, over and above other posts started or replied to on here.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • pipkin71
    Options
    beller wrote: »
    I'm no martyr! The system failed us.

No, no, no.

You need to remember:
    Everybody has a choice!

You can't blame the system, afterall:
    Life is what it is, things happen good or bad, they just happen.

:)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • pipkin71
    Options
    Of course she'll cope! She did when I went inside both times.

How did she cope, if she has never worked and never claimed benefits of any kind?

Even in a refuge, you still need money.
  • pipkin71
    Options
    Yes I agree. It has gone way off topic and is now serving no useful purpose.

And by the way for all those that seem to think that I am somebody to laugh at, it's me that has had the last laugh and realising how sad it must be to have to exist on benefits instead of trying to do some type of work even if you are disabled or sick.

You are the ones that Cameron is gunning for!!! Good luck!!

I work very hard thank you, so not sure you really did have the last laugh there :)
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    David Cameron can kiss my !!!!. Here beller, I pay more tax than you, does it make you proud that someone waiting on a heart transplant is subsidising you?

I think people who have been in prison once before should just be shot next time they commit an offence, how would your wife fare if we brought that in?
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just read all the thread and I am intrigued now..

How did the OP get married if he has no birth certificate? I had to produce my change of name information as my surname is different to what is on my birth certificate, before I got married 25 years ago.

I also think maybe that is why he didn't get the benefits he got turned down for, as he isn't on the electoral register. So is basically not listed as living anywhere.

Sorry not really responding to the "troll" but am just intrigued. Curiosity is my biggest problem.. :D
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • pipkin71
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    I have just read all the thread and I am intrigued now..

How did the OP get married if he has no birth certificate? I had to produce my change of name information as my surname is different to what is on my birth certificate, before I got married 25 years ago.

I also think maybe that is why he didn't get the benefits he got turned down for, as he isn't on the electoral register. So is basically not listed as living anywhere.

Sorry not really responding to the "troll" but am just intrigued. Curiosity is my biggest problem.. :D

Looking at it another way, his wife could have made the benefit claim, if he has no ID and isn't listed anywhere, but then, she probably hasn't got a birth certificate either :)

Maybe he uses the term 'wife' in a comfy, cosy, sort of way, as they have been together a long time, rather than legally ;)
  • pipkin71
    Options
    So you have no conscience. And you had the ability to get money from the social. Good for you. Me and many like me, don't get that option and privilidge of receiving handouts from the government.
    I'm damn sure that if you were in my position, you would have done anything to get some sort of money in.

Absolutely, I have a conscience. That is why I have never been in prison.

If I was in your position, I would have made sure I did everything I could to claim the benefits I was legally entitled to. I would have got rid of the notion that claiming means people know about you: 'Making claims = wanting to know too much about somebody.'

As you already have a claim, they already know about you, btw.
    You have a point there of course. But as we don't drink, don't smoke, have no social life or friends, run a vehicle or take holidays, I think we are entitled to a few quid on the internet access.
    We look at what we need, always have done. Not the other way round, what can I get and how can I spend it!
    If I wanted to, I could claim for more DLA, my wife could claim DLA, we could claim housing benefit, we could claim council tax benefit. We don't as we can manage to survive without that intrusion into our lives. Making claims = wanting to know too much about somebody.

So, given that statement, you are happy to take more than you need so that you can have internet access and justify it by stating that you don't drink and don't smoke.

I am not slating your choice to have the internet, but, given that you say you only claim what you need, clearly you can see that isn't the case.
    So in a way, we are saving the government money by not claiming it!

Yes, I also save the government money - currently over £12,000 per year, by not sending my children to school :)
    But you don't see that do you? All you see is 'I'm entitled to it so I want it - all of it'.

I see me being in a situation and doing what I legally could to ensure my children would be ok. I have no guilt about that.
    There was no legal way of getting money for essentials. If there was don't you think I would have asked?

Why didn't your wife make the legal benefit claim then? Only one spouse has to make the claim.

Why didn't you access your information? Why didn't you trace your birth certificate? There were other options.
  • pipkin71
    Options
    Oh very clever!!! You know exactly what I mean and have said. Shame you have nothing better to do that cut and paste little bits out of many posts.

I don't intend to repeat myself - just read what I have posted!!

Lots of other things to do but am spending quite a pleasant time on here while I have the chance :)

I know what you mean - bad stuff happens in life, unless it happens to you and then you can blame others for the choices you made.

You can't have it both ways.
  • pipkin71
    Options
    You are correct,

No Passport
    No Driving Licence
    No Marriage Certificate
    No Birth Certificate
    No Bank account
    Not recorded on the Electoral Roll
    No Rent Book

Me and the wife just didn't exist anywhere and we couldn't prove who we were either.
    Just you try imagining what it was like not being able to prove anything about yourself. It's as though you just don't exist.

How have you managed to claim DLA then, if it's as though you don't exist?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure