I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options

Comments

• lyra
    lyra Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    lyra wrote: »

Will get a Wrights bread or cake mix at some point (with the coupon of course) but NSD on the grocery front today.

Scratch that, went into Tesco after work & got the wholemeal bread mix. Was 85p, used the coupon and paid 5p :T Thanks Lynsey. Only got that & some wrapping paper that I went in for, so pleased with myself!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 March 2012 at 8:17PM
    Options
    Evening.

Had cheese on toast for breakfast and bought a quiche and some chocolate digestives (Aldi) to have for lunch (painting again!!) so £1.78 spent and NOT going back out.......................I'm aching!!!!!!!
    Just made pork casserole and leaving for tomorrows tea. Just made apple crumble and that's in oven now to have with ice cream.
    Trying not to buy too much and just plodding along until next Tuesday and then away for a few days.

dinx1972 - welcome, nice to see more joining up.

Kirri - nice selection of veg and you'll save a fortune.

cheerfulness4 - glad you are all sorted coupon-wise.

ms_night_ryder - the Wright's prices do vary, but they last until the end of the year and no doubt some offers will come along, hopefully with the cake mixes. Might try the carrot cake one first or the chocolate fudge one.

This is one of those silly coupons and surprised really, a full year of virtually free bread mixes and don't forget to "max up" late December for next year. lol

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Hey all,

Did you miss me? Our computer died and we just got a new one :) not done v. well eating out our the freezer, still feels far too full! I can't resist the 3 for £3 WW meals in iceland. Once my diet is under control i can return to eating normally.

Still, lifted out some mince for chilli con carne tomorrow and hope to clear a shelf in time for pay day!!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bramble1 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Did you miss me?

Yes, I missed you and missed your early morning posts - glad you've got a new pc and back on track - my freezers are also fullish and need to reduce. Not using much out of freezers at the minute sadly, so not creating any gaps!!

Hope my Lidl weekend meat offer is cr4p!! lol

Lynsey
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all

Decided to have a chow mein RM from the freezer for tea, and got the aberdeen angus beef mince out of the freezer for tomorrow.... again. Think I'll brown the mince off and put half back in. May do savoury mince with it for tomorrow.

Will make ds a pack up for his dinner as his dad said ds told him he'd only had a tiny bit of his dinner then had his pudding. At least if I give him pack up he's not filling himself with crap.

May do salmon with pasta and a tomato sauce at the weekend.

Lynsey - what is it you are painting?

Hi there dinx1972 - loved your freezer tetris line. :D

Welcome back bramble, good to see you back.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all.

Toasted teacakes for breakfast, cheese sandwiches for lunch and pork casserole tonight - easy.

Lip_Stick - we're painting the Tyne bridge or seems like it. lol
    We're doing up a house, fully painting all rooms and doing bits and bobs - getting there slowly!!

Two more days for the cheap chocolate. ;)

Lynsey
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 March 2012 at 8:43AM
    Options
    Lynsey wrote: »
    the Wright's prices do vary, but they last until the end of the year and no doubt some offers will come along, hopefully with the cake mixes. Might try the carrot cake one first or the chocolate fudge one
    I'd love to know whether ther carrot cake mix gives a good result. Whenever I've made it from scratch it's always been too soggy :o - hence sticking to the carrot halwa, which takes a long time, but never goes wrong (plus my version is fat-free save the nuts I add).

ETA: just reviewed the prices of the Wright''s mixes on mysupermarket. Lynsey plse update us on when and where there are offers? (Our shopping strategies are polar opposites - you shop around frequently, and I'm always looking to avoid setting foot in a supermarket until I'm left without a choice :o).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

So feeling good and back on track with both diet and eating out the stores. I will need to do a shop this week, but aim to spend in the region of £25, need milk, bread etc.

This morning had a slice of toast and WW beans out the cupboard. Lunch is crackers and cheese (all WW!) and dinner is chilli con carne with mince lifted out the freezer.

Have not had a great run of luck in terms of good bargains recently. May go for a snoop in waitrose later to see if they've got any good reductions, maybe some rolls for OH's lunch if they go down to about 5p each.

If anyone knows of anywhere to get good garden bargains, I'm in the process of gutting mine and starting afresh!!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    ETA: just reviewed the prices of the Wright''s mixes on mysupermarket. Lynsey plse update us on when and where there are offers? (Our shopping strategies are polar opposites - you shop around frequently, and I'm always looking to avoid setting foot in a supermarket until I'm left without a choice :o).

I haven't been as bad of late though................too busy!!
    I've had to try hard this quarter and really targeted my shopping times to coincide with the bargains and it's b****y well worked in my favour.
    Got a bigger budget for the next quarter starting April 1st, so pressure is off.................I'll still target the bargains, but to a lesser degree................I must, repeat I must start reducing my stash!!!!

But, hopefully the cake mixes will be on offer sometime (half-price or BOGOF would be nice) and that's stock up time, but just the odd one or two for now.

Hi Hi, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go (well painting!!!!!!!!!!!) - catch up tonight.................

...................be good. ;)

Got my Paul Smith Extreme to pick up from Boots later with my free bunnies. :j

Lynsey
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.

Seems to be looking like it'll be a nice day here. Am meeting mam and dad at dinner to take ds to Morrisons for something to eat, while I grab a few bits and pieces and see if they have any wright's mixes in lol. Might also nip to theirs as they've had some new slide robes fitted in their bedroom which mam is really pleased with (and boy, is she hard to please!).

Ds had cocopops for brekkie, nothing for me, may have an apple later.
    Dinner - something fro morries
    Tea - savoury mince, unless I decide to do something else with the mince. hmmm

Lynsey - sounds like hard work! Need to start on my hall and lounge. I was hoping my mam would have done it while I was away, I did drop hints, as she said she finds painting therapeutic. :D

Bramble - what do you mean gutting your bargains? Hope you mean using them!
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure