🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options

Comments

• lyra
    lyra Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Off to my parents for the weekend so no need to shop/cook :T
    Made pork & apple sauce rolls for today (my lovely mum's coming to pick me up) and looks like nice weather so will do a picnic.

Need to get an easter egg for a friend's child sometime next week, so going to look around for a good offer. I got another friend's child some white chocolate lambs from a small chocolate shop here, which were lovely & not too pricey but they're sold out now & only had ridiculously expensieve eggs last time I went :mad:

Was quite funny seeing all the whoopsie hunters circling the reduced area last night. Some were very polite but other people :eek: The poor lady doing the reductions was getting a bit flustered by this woman demanding she put stickers on faster & firing questions about the best time to come for reductions :rotfl: Scary.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh dear lots of dentist vists today, hugs to all i'm terrified of the dentist :(

BE hope your ok

well i got my new slowcooker yesterday so it's now full of mince, i did a massive batch so theres enough for tea, a family dinner size portion to freezer and enought to make a pie for tomorrow.

i have lots of cleaning and sorting out to do really need to sort new radiators over the weekend but all the free/cheap ones are singles, hubby refuses to put singles in because he recons we'll want to replace them and then we'll still have to buy doubles and have 2 plumber bills aswell, so still looking.

going to lidl for a loaf of bread and some natural yogurt so i can make yogurt in my slowcooker :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all ! Sunny here :) Took coverings off my plants and I've lost two baby Jerusalem figs, three lavender plants and a mimosa plus two oleanders and an olive are frost damaged :(

Yesterday spent the day with my mother and was dragged to Budgens, Tesco, Lidl and ASDA ! Bought Delphi avocado and hummus dip in Budgens, rather moreish.

Tesco had a clothes sale on but I don't wear man-made fibres and most of it was. I did find, in the new stock they were putting out, a black/grey striped cotton tshirt and black trousers called a loungewear set for £14 and am lounging now :D Also got some lactose-free milk on trial promotion 60p for 5 x 20ml portions.

The 5kg bag of onions on offer at Lidl isn't something I'd buy, as many of them were sprouting.

Got Breaking Dawn Part One DVD for £10 at ASDA - not sure why because they aren't great actors..something to eat chocolate with !
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lyra wrote: »
    Was quite funny seeing all the whoopsie hunters circling the reduced area last night. Some were very polite but other people :eek: The poor lady doing the reductions was getting a bit flustered by this woman demanding she put stickers on faster & firing questions about the best time to come for reductions :rotfl: Scary.
    :eek::eek::eek:
    OMG I don't think I'd have the nerve! I hope the lady doing the reductions directed her to customer services lol. Having said that, I took a wander down to Tesco yesterday evening as we were out of milk (still at my parents even though I picked them up earlier this week :o) and bought a box of double chocolate mini doughnuts whoopsied at just 25p. With the 6 pints of milk, the shopping came to a grand total of £1.99. The doughnuts were a mistake, once opened I didn't stop but at least there were 3 of us to share the love.
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Tesco had a clothes sale on but I don't wear man-made fibres and most of it was.
    I couldn't agree more, they are just nasty clothes. Sorry to hear about your plants btw.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Edwardia
    edited 23 March 2012 at 1:27PM
    Options
    VfM4meplse thank you :) And yes, about the only things I do buy in supermarkets clothing wise are cotton tshirts - Sainsbury's has had Fairtrade organic ones for £4

Just been doing accounts and first month of me spending the money not OH overspending it is £600 difference. Yep, almost fell off the bed there myself.
    So now I can buy a new washing machine to replace the one we've had since 1995 !!

The freezer & cupboard Quorn + Loyd Grossman Indian sauce combo was actually good (didn't taste sweet at all) so I'm doing another one tonight with more veggies in. May nip into ASDA later as it's the only place I know that does proper paneer cheese.

OH just announced not coming home tonight will meet me at opticians tomorrow grr
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dentist visit was a disaster..........crown never came back from the lab and appointment should have been cancelled..............but the forgot to inform me!!!
    No money changed hands though. lol
    Decided to pop home for an hour, but wasted morning!!!

Spent £1.52 in Morries (includes 2 more Wrigh's bread mixes) and 89p in Lidl on 2 cheese pasties £2.41 spent so far and unless I hit the chip shop, that's it for the day.

Question?? Has anyone had a Wright's bread mix scan yet?? Four out of four have had to be manually put through.................no problems though!!

Edwardia - the onions I got from Lidl last time were "spot on", maybe I got lucky, but I recommend them.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Edwardia wrote: »
    May nip into ASDA later as it's the only place I know that does proper paneer cheese.
    If you've got a couple of pints of milk and a little vinegar, it's quick enough to make your own...would certainly save you a trip to Asda.
    Lynsey wrote: »
    Dentist visit was a disaster..........crown never came back from the lab and appointment should have been cancelled..............but the forgot to inform me!!!
    So naughty, I would have billed them for my time.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Edwardia
    Options
    Oh dear Lynsey how frustrating..but isn't that your second visit without money changing hands ;) Re: onions, just saying the 5kg nets of Dutch onions did contain lots which were sprouting. Dunno if they'd be OK for the garden ??

VfM4meplse I've just got Chef's Larder 5L containers of distilled malt vinegar used for cleaning old floorboards and is abt 2 yrs old to boot eww
  • lyra
    lyra Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options

Question?? Has anyone had a Wright's bread mix scan yet?? Four out of four have had to be manually put through.................no problems though!!
    Mine did, in Tesco.
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Do you know if you can go through the Morries self scan tills with coupons??

I had a Wright's bread mix in my basket today but the queues were so bad and I was meeting a friend for lunch so I had to leave my basket and go. Wasn't sure if I could have gone through self scan or not...

I did get my Thorntons free egg and 5 packs of cat treats in town today though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport