I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options

Comments

• Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Fantastic coupon bargain Lyndsey - you have inspired me to start couponing mysef.

Bless you.

You now need to decide what you are going to spend all those savings on now then!! ;)

Good luck and my motto is, "Hit them hard".

Welcome artichoke - good luck to you also.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aww lip-stick your piccys look fab, we will have to put disneyland off for 5 years now we're moving but once we have our own house and no rent the worlds our oyster :)

thanks lynsey anymore fabby coupons? i really need to get my printer back lol

did a bread run yesterday, think MR T was holding out for extra customers cause it was a bank hol here best bread reduction was 49p, but just as i was leaving i saw some reduced bakery bread, so i got, 6 fresh baps, a wholemeal loaf for the freezer and a sliced bloomer which is half gone already cause i love it, also got a bag of value crisps as the kids asked for crisps yesterday, spent £1.38 altogther which isn't much more than one loaf of bread in the shop.

we were suppose to have egg baps for breakfast but i slept in (becomeing a habit i need to nip it in the bud) so the kids had jam baps, i have eggs on boiling now to make egg mayo for mine, ds3 also had a yogurt when we got home, lunch will be the last of yesterdays quiche and dinner will be chicken casarole that we didn't eat yesterday cause we had chippy, there was a leak in our new house so we were super busy, hould be an easy cheap fix, pity we had to take tiles off to get to it. :(
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    Just done the Lidl low carb bargains, hardly any this time :(

OH back from Sutton Coldfield tonight :D I just can't sleep properly without him. Woke up this morning like a mummy, had to fight my way out of the blanket. Lab looks depressed as well.

Will rummage in freezer for fish, think there's a couple of sea bass near the top. Otherwise OH is getting spagless bog !!

Hope everyone well xx
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Just done the Lidl low carb bargains, hardly any this time :(
    Do you feel better for a low carb diet? Are you losing weight? Blood sugar under better control? It's been a few weeks and I'm wondering whether you're seeing any results yet.

I love carbs and have cut back significantly - allow myself just two slices of bread or a single weetabix a day if that. The rest is largely fruit and veg based, stopped eating dinner a couple of weeks ago and am feel miles better.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 March 2012 at 11:50AM
    Options
    Just been to Asda and bought a few things. Apples, toms, Asda lemon juice in the bottle reduced to 20p, book for ds, corn on the cob for the rats and us. Need to unpack and start washing, was shattered yesterday as the journey home was awful due to a large group being drunk and making trouble til the early hours of the morning. Going to complain to the travel agents!

Lynsey - I have just been to Asda and couldn't see any Wright's breadmix. Have you seen it in Asda? If not, where is the best place to get it from?

VfM4meplse - Thanks, I do love the pic with him and Jack Sparrow in as he looks really pleased to be stood with him. Oh, and I'll send him to yours for the weekend then! lol

quintwins - You'll probably end up doing the American version then lol. Something to look forward to. :)
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • VfM4meplse
    edited 20 March 2012 at 2:36PM
    Options
    artichoke wrote: »
    ok - i need to be in on this one.....

We are both self employed and the time from xmas to spring is always difficult - at the moment we are busy working but will not get paid for a few months...

so we have full freezers and pantry so are eating from them.

We go on holiday April 9th to Haven for a week, so i want to not do proper shop until then when i menu plan / shop for our week away..

so i have 2 full freezers but have been eating out of the freezer for a week so all the easy obvious meals have gone ie all the roasting joints, chops, chicken fillets etc... now i have left all the bits i have been avoiding as either its a lot of work or i dont know what to do with them...

ARt
    I'm glad you joined us as suggested, welcome. IME being frugal with food quickly becomes an obsession, we'll have you converted by Easter ;)
    Lip_Stick wrote: »
    Lynsey - I have just been to Asda and couldn't see any Wright's breadmix. Have you seen it in Asda? If not, where is the best place to get it from?
    I'm sure I saw it in Aldi a couple of weeks ago. Do Aldi take coupons?

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lip_Stick wrote: »
    I'm sure I saw it in Aldi a couple of weeks ago. Do Aldi take coupons?

Aldi don't take the coupons!! :(

Asda did sell them, but need to check.
    Got 2 in Morries this morning @ 89p each - so 2 for 18p. ;)
    Tesco and Sainsburys and Waitrose also sell them. Ciabatta can be had totally free as 75p in places.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2012 at 3:55PM
    Options
    Do you feel better for a low carb diet? Are you losing weight? Blood sugar under better control? It's been a few weeks and I'm wondering whether you're seeing any results yet.

I love carbs and have cut back significantly - allow myself just two slices of bread or a single weetabix a day if that. The rest is largely fruit and veg based, stopped eating dinner a couple of weeks ago and am feel miles better.

I low carb for health reasons rather than to diet and have been doing the higher end of low carb for I guess a couple of years now - dropped from size 22 to size 16. Blood pressure, triglycerides and cholesterol all excellent. Blood glucose was 1% above a normal level so got it down down 5.5% (that happened in first three months) but I want to get rid of the meds so I started going more low carb about the same time as I joined here. I've lost weight as all my trousers are baggy now !

Carbs are a bit addictive, it's not easy. I wouldn't advise dropping dinner as a long term strategy but if you're dieting then if it works for you - great !
  • cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lynsey - with that Wrights coupon, do you print out all the recipe as well or have you found a way around that?
    My ink is running low. Too many coupons being printed from SSM. :o

Just about to total up my spend for this past week or so. Have got behind. :(
    Soon will be the first quarter of the year done and dusted and I want to be on the ball for the 2nd quarter.

Wanting to defrost my chest freezer (fridge just been cleaned and is spick and span now :D).
    Huge effort now to run that freezer down no matter how scary it feels so I begin the next quarter with nice fresh foods.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Edwardia wrote: »
    I wouldn't advise dropping dinner as a long term strategy but if you're dieting then if it works for you - great !
    My stomach capacity has definitely lessened, I had a small packet of Kettle crips and a couple of kiwi fruit for lunch but the orange I cut at 2pm is still sitting there untouched...no room at the inn :o.

For years I didn't eat lunch, but then ate convenient sugary foods in the evening and snacked constantly when relaxing at home in the evenings. This way is better as I'm avoiding rubbish foods. (Apart from Kettle crisps of course :D).

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure