Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - Page 1091

New Post Advanced Search

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
11K replies 740.8K views

Replies

• KirriKirri Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    However I think I need to invest in some round pastry cutters, cutting into squares did not leave them pretty like your.

Use a Jam jar or cut round a cup??

Nothing out of freezer today - 1 loaf of bread will go in later.
    Breakfast - more free Granola with yoghurt, OJ and a banana
    Lunch - made 2 loaves of bread this morning so had bread and cheese
    Dinner - tofu sausages, hm onion marmalade and HG mash potatoes
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flo, thanks for the idea of the mini pies, Turkey,veg and gravy filling, they were delish! However I think I need to invest in some round pastry cutters, cutting into squares did not leave them pretty like your.

Have leftover turkey, will turn into a creamy pasta tomorrow.
    I didn't have a cutter big enough for the muffin tin so I cut round a crumpet ring. I had a cutter that fitted for the lid.
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • Gonzo1987Gonzo1987 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Taken some chorizo and butterbean stew out the freezer for lunch.

Dinner is brocolli pasta bake, all made with store cupboard bits.

I may put a couple of quorn fillets in the freezer later as won't get to eat before they go off.

Will use up old veg making soup on Sunday so that doesn't go to waste.
  • However I think I need to invest in some round pastry cutters
    Try the pound/discount shops, I got 7 round pastry cutters of varying sizes (and colours) for 99 pence ... can't remember which shop, though, think it might have been Poundland?
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
    Groucho Marx
  • Lol oh jelly, sounds as if it was 99p store £1 shop doesn't give change. Will deffo have a look in there, I got my silicon loaf tin from there bargain!
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • I have a question.

I found a receipe for a fruit loaf, it says use flour, but doesn't specify what kind, it also says baking powder, what shall I use? I want to makeb one, as well as some pear butter.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
  • KirriKirri Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question.

I found a receipe for a fruit loaf, it says use flour, but doesn't specify what kind, it also says baking powder, what shall I use? I want to makeb one, as well as some pear butter.

Fruit loaf as in bread or cake? ^ that sounds more cake like if it has baking powder in..? I do a bread fruit loaf (strong white flour) but there are also tea loaves which are more cake like but still can be spread with butter.

Just some courgette fritters out of the freezer today - had for lunch with bread.

Dinner was tofu sausages, HG mash and HG HM onion marmalade (again).

Just cooked a big batch of courgettes - will go in freezer in portions for use in risotto, pizza or pasta. Still got a veg drawer full of fresh courgettes to use, probably the last lot this season.
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of freezer - nothing.
    In to freezer - 6 dabs.
    MR F bought some Dabs at the market - 3 for £1.

We had Huss + HM wedges + roasted beetroot, red onion, red pepper, tomatoes & white onion for dinner.

Fridaysdinner_zpsd856cfa4.jpg
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • Kirri it just says fruit loaf

http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-fruit-loaf-128002

This receipe here, I like it because it doesn't use eggs.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
  • Lol oh jelly, sounds as if it was 99p store £1 shop doesn't give change. Will deffo have a look in there, I got my silicon loaf tin from there bargain!
    Also on fleabay, for £1.85
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-6-Plastic-Crinkly-Pastry-Biscuit-Cutters-Size-In-Different-Colours-/171126436980
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
    Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support