🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

One day at a time

Options
12346»

Comments

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    *waves hello*

I have read your other thread and this one, and just 'un' lurking to say I hope you have a great first day at work :D

DFW x
    JUNE 2024 GOALS ~ Manifest a buyer for my house so I can move!! DONE!!
    EF/moving fund total £1928.41 Let's get it to £2000 again! DONE! £2377.16 currently ...next goal £2500. ~ NSD 3/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £0/ £500 ~
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Sparkerly

Hope you're first day went according to plan! Be you did great, looking forward to hearing how it went! Xxx
    Life is too short not to love what you do.
  • Sparkerly
    Sparkerly Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    Well just back from my first day and it was good. I thought I would come back exhausted and headachey, but apart from being a little tired and having sore feet (more used to wearing flipflops than proper shoes) I'm fine.

So I started the day sitting in the bosses chair! while she showed me a couple of things on the computer. She was also telling me how 60 people had applied for the job and they picked me!! Still find it hard to believe I could have been better than the others, but I got the job and that is what counts. Also it came down to me and another guy and they have offered him the vacant position in the call centre so it could be a bit strange when we are introduced.

This morning was spent sitting in the call centre this morning. Although this isn't my job, they have if I would be willing to cover occasionally. Their system for orders etc is probably not that complicated, but the speed at which they go round the screens was frightening and a bit confusing. By the time I got there it had quietened down so there was not that much to watch, but I'll be back in the call centre tomorrow morning when it will be busier so hopefully I'll pick a few more things up. But I did take my first phonecall today which resulted in an order.

After lunch I only had an hour and half to go as I had to take a relatively late lunch to fit in with when the call centre is open and this time was spent actually doing some work! It was only finding some prices from the system then working out the prices for the promos, but then I had to put that info into the flyer for July which will actually go out to customers. Bit scary that, but that is just me not believing in myself as usual.

So how do I feel about day one - great :D having the mix of feeling completed confused this morning then actually doing stuff I know how to do this afternoon is a good balance. The director is fantastic, really friendly and approachable and from what I have heard if she decides something must be done it happens quite quickly which I like. I haven't met my manager yet and lots of people were out the office today so still lots of people to meet.

I'm sure that I made the right choice over the jobs and am happy to be back in work.
    June £25 a day 850.94/750 :beer:
    July £15 a day 220/465
    LBM - 26/5/11 - Debt £33,739.62 :eek: Now -£32,893.20

Nifty Thrifty weightloss July 0/10lbs 0/£1,500
  • tigermoon
    tigermoon Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Yay, glad your first day went well. It can be scary getting back to it after being out for a while, well done you though. Hope you are having a nice relaxing evening as a reward xx
    Debts at Highest £18600
    Overdraft £550/£900
    Egg Loan currently £6253
    Credit cards - GONE AGAIN as of 26/07/11
    THIS TIME IT'S FOR REAL!
    Aiming for DFD 26/01/2012
  • Sparkerly
    Options
    So the end of another day in the office and still its going well. Met a few more people today including my line manager who seems really nice. I took a few more phonecalls today and did quite a few orders and most of them were ok, just one error I made and that was because I didn't realise there was clingfilm and then wrap which is like clingfilm but goes in an automatic machine or something. So when he asked for clingfilm thats what he got. But my colleague dealt with it and as he had been with me when I took the call he backed me up. Apart from that no mistakes.

This afternoon I worked on the flyers and spent time with an account manager who showed me some reports they run and I did one for her, which was a bit long winded but I got the hang of it.

I met OH for lunch - not something that will be a regular occurance but as a treat we decided to meet up. Now the problem is that we both work the same distance from our house, but in completely the opposite direction, so I drove to meet him and went to the pub for an "express" lunch. I assumed that it meant that they would be able to serve that food quickly, but half hour later we were still waiting and I was on edge knowing I had to get back. So my baguette came and I ate half of it, than sat there deciding whether to eat it there quickly or take it with me to eat later - I was full by this stage but didn't want to waste it. The next thing I knew a seagull swooped down and grab the baguette and flew off into the sun with it :mad: So a bit annoyed, but I had to go anyway and as part of my weightloss plan it was good, just annoying that he got what I had paid for and not me.

Money wise whats happening - well OH has been asked to do a DJ job tonight as the guy who was meant to do it has just had a baby - well not him but his wife obviously :rotfl: so that will be extra money for the debt - but on the downside I'm not sure when he is likely to get the money, he is still waiting to be paid for a previous job and with the baby being born doesn't really want to chase for it. I'm pushing him to give him our bank aco!!!! details so he can pay direct to it rather than getting cheques all the time, but I don't want to appear like a money grabbing nag!

We had confirmation that OH application for a credit card has been accepted which we will either be able to do a balance transfer to or use it for groceries as both transfers and spending is interest free for 6 months or so. Not sure what the limit will be so don't know which option we will use the card for yet, but whatever we chose it will be nice to know some of the debt is interest free.

July is going to be one hell of a month for decreasing debts and this is only the start. By the end of the year the ODs will be gone and hopefully the credit cards will be decreasing rapidly. Just had a thought - I joined here and had my LBM on 26 May, just over one month ago and at that time we over spent horridbly (about £400 a month), I was constantly worried, stressed, I couldn't sleep, open the post or check the bank accounts and was depressed. Since taking on all the advice I've been given I now feel in control, am more relaxed, have a job, can sleep and am not having any symptons of my depression so am hoping than in a few months time I will be able to come off my anti depressants. Its been an incredible month and I am excited for the future :D
    July £15 a day 220/465

• rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sparkerly wrote: »
    I was full by this stage but didn't want to waste it. The next thing I knew a seagull swooped down and grab the baguette and flew off into the sun with it :mad: So a bit annoyed, but I had to go anyway and as part of my weightloss plan it was good, just annoying that he got what I had paid for and not me.

July is going to be one hell of a month for decreasing debts and this is only the start. By the end of the year the ODs will be gone and hopefully the credit cards will be decreasing rapidly. Just had a thought - I joined here and had my LBM on 26 May, just over one month ago and at that time we over spent horridbly (about £400 a month), I was constantly worried, stressed, I couldn't sleep, open the post or check the bank accounts and was depressed. Since taking on all the advice I've been given I now feel in control, am more relaxed, have a job, can sleep and am not having any symptons of my depression so am hoping than in a few months time I will be able to come off my anti depressants. Its been an incredible month and I am excited for the future :D

THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!! well the seagul bit anyway!!

I am so proud of you, you've come so far and it is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it :) xxx
    Life is too short not to love what you do.
  • Sparkerly
    Options
    I can't say I did much laughing over the seagull, it was a really nice sarnie - but if the scales are good to me next time than I suppose I had better thank him!
    July £15 a day 220/465

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts