🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

One day at a time

Options

Comments

• princesst84
    princesst84 Posts: 641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations!! I have been reading your old and new diary and have never posted before but thought that this was such positive news that I should. What a fabulous day!! X
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Congratulations. I've just read all of your other thread and now this one. You have done really well so far and with a second income soon to be coming in yu'll have your debt blitzed in no time.

Off to subscribe! :)
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • Sparkerly
    Sparkerly Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all and welcome to all the new subscribers :wave:

I had my offer letter e-mailed to me and they want me to start on Tuesday - or 3 days away :eek: I did say I could start whenever, but didn't expect it that soon. Feeling really excited about the job as it is even better than I had thought now I have seen the full job description, although I did have a minor confidence fall this morning thinking I couldn't do it, but OH went through it with me and basically told me I was being stupid.

Anyway I have accepted the offer and will go for an induction on Monday then start on Tuesday. In the past I would have been hitting the shops now after all we have more money and I do [STRIKE]need[/STRIKE] want some new clothes for the job, but I will need to wait til payday!!!! and then do some smart shopping to get some bargains.

However I will confess to going out for a celebratory meal last night with OH and the kids and it was a lovely meal, plenty of wine drunk but OH has a DJ job tonight and what he earns will cover last nights meal so I don't feel too bad about it.

Well thats about it from me for today, brain isn't fully focussed as it is all a bit surreal at the mo and I do keep wondering if yesterday actually happened.
    June £25 a day 850.94/750 :beer:
    July £15 a day 220/465
    LBM - 26/5/11 - Debt £33,739.62 :eek: Now -£32,893.20

Nifty Thrifty weightloss July 0/10lbs 0/£1,500
  • saterkey
    saterkey Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    First of all many congrats and have subscribed

Try the Microsoft office suite online, they have a section where you can practice access, basic steps and all that. if you still need it.

Julie
  • Rosed
    Rosed Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Well done you!! Really proud of you. xx Congrats.
  • Sparkerly
    Options
    After accepting the job and going back to the other people I interviewed with, they e-mailed me to say it was a shame for them as they were going to offer me the job!

Now I am wondering if I made the right decision, I wasn't second guessing myself earlier but knowing there was another option makes me doubt myself that I rushed the decision as I was so desperate to get a job. I will just have to put that thought out of my head and stick with gut instinct.
    July £15 a day 220/465

• Sparkerly
    Options
    Ok so after a weekend of being completed confused after finding out that I was offered the second job as well and wondering if I had made the right choice, I am now certain I have.

Had to go in today for my induction and I start tomorrow at 8.30! So today will be spent getting organised, sorting out what to wear, making a packed lunch and having a general tidy up.

OH was DJ-ing on saturday night so I used the time alone to make some decisions as I really need to take control of my life. I started with controlling money and making cutbacks, then getting a job, so now is to sort out me. I have to lose weight - there are no ifs or buts about it. I am very overweight and I mean very, I am unfit and generally hate the way I look.

So I have decided to cut out all the crap from my diet, healthy foods only and alcohol only at the weekend with food. Hopefully this will also help some health issues I have as I know that how I have been eating and drinking affects it, but that was not enough make me do anything about it.

Also I WILL walk for at least 30mins a day - even if I have to go for a walk at lunch to do it. I'm lucky that where I will be working there are not many shops or cafes around so not much temptation, but there would be a temptation to sit at my desk all day and not take a proper lunch so going for a walk will do me good. On top of that I will do 30mins different exercise 3 times a week. So my first target is to lose 49lb by 1 October! Its going to be tough, but I'm sure I can do it.

Right off now as I need to check my bank accounts to see if there is any money in the budget for me to buy some work clothes - after spending the last year or so renovating and not being in an office I now need to dress smartly and the clothes I have won't do. I have a couple of suitable things so it is not desperate, but it woulod be nice to get a couple more things.
    July £15 a day 220/465

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Your doing brilliantly, and def agree with the idea of the walk, hope the induction went ok, xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You me and LC need to work out a diary name and crack on with this money saving weight loss milarky! We all are overweight and hate the way we look so we should do something about it once and for all!

I have just bought the shred DVD that everyone has being going on about and have high hopes about it so I plan to do that in the morning EVERYDAY! It's gotta be done! Would like to lose a stone by my friends wedding which is on the 21st of next month, I think it's doable because I eat rubbish and do nothing so that's the plan. I'll get the Bf to think of a name for our new thread - he maybe double Dutch but he's good at stuff like that!

Super proud of you, you've come so far xxx
    Life is too short not to love what you do.
  • Sparkerly
    Options
    rdchick wrote: »
    You me and LC need to work out a diary name and crack on with this money saving weight loss milarky! We all are overweight and hate the way we look so we should do something about it once and for all!

I have just bought the shred DVD that everyone has being going on about and have high hopes about it so I plan to do that in the morning EVERYDAY! It's gotta be done! Would like to lose a stone by my friends wedding which is on the 21st of next month, I think it's doable because I eat rubbish and do nothing so that's the plan. I'll get the Bf to think of a name for our new thread - he maybe double Dutch but he's good at stuff like that!

Super proud of you, you've come so far xxx

You'll have to let me know how you get on with the DVD, keep hearing about it, but have enough exercise DVDs in the cabinet gathering dust so don't want to add to it unless I know I'll use it. Think I may have to check out the DVDs I have and see what takes my fancy so I can look to do it in the morning - maybe not tomorrow being my first dy at work but going forward I could do it a few times a week.

Had a good day so far eating, but needed to post an e-bay item earlier and went to the post office which is in the supermarket and as I am so tired today - couldn't sleep last night with the heat :mad: - that all I kept thinking was chocolate :drool: and in the past would have bought at least one bar. But there was a big queue so I went straight out the shop without buying anything.

Bit concerned with what OH is bringing home as he said this morning he was planning on buying something but wouldn't say what, so knowing him he will be getting me a little pressie to say well done on the job so it could be wine or chocolate although I'm hoping it will be flowers or a card as they are much better for me.
    July £15 a day 220/465

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts