Waiting for a proposal - how did you stay sane?!

Options

Comments

• Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    my father claimed he ask my mother how would you like to be buried with my family .

I just said dont get married be a bachelor like your father
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • PrettyKittyKat
    Options
    Mentioned to my OH over the weekend how in the new year we need to start saving together - and he asked why! I just said 'you know, for the future'... I think it is safe to say proposing is definitely not on his mind at the minute! haha
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    There's a thread going on on the M,FaR board atm about "the question" and budgets for rings. Made me think about my friend and his proposal to his OH...I think you peeps will like it.

They are very much into a vintage and goth style, and they first met at Whitby. They have holidayed there as much as possible since.

He went into a jeweller there and chose a pretty ring he knew she would like...and no matter that it wasn't a super-expensive diamond, she loved it because it is made from Whitby jet and is therefore "a little piece of the place they met that she can wear forever".

I got a lump in my throat when he told me <3

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • roobee13
    roobee13 Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    That's lovely HBS.

I've been reading that thread too. I'm hoping it will us 'waitees' turn soon :)
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HBS that is a beautiful story :)
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Whoop
    Whoop Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    I'm engaged!!!!

Gone away for our 6th anniversary of being together and he popped the question whilst on a beautiful walk by a lake. Was perfect :)
  • roobee13
    Options
    Ah, congratulations Whoop, that's lovely!! Does it feel different??
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Whoop!!!!! Happy wedding planning :)
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Whoop
    Whoop Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    It feels bizarre. Not really sunk in yet. Already planning wedding and our parents are busy spreading the news amongst the family. He was shaking when he asked me. Bless him :)
  • PrettyKittyKat
    Options
    HBS that is lovely! I am totally sentimental and totally get why she feels like that.

Whoop whoop to 'Whoop' haha! Congratulations! I am sure you are cloud 9 - enjoy every second of the wedding planning... hopefully you will see some of us join your on the planning threads soon!

Little development for me. Marriage and the future ended up coming up naturally in conversation with the OH at the weekend. I didn't want to lead him so asked what he saw our future as and he mentioned getting engaged in about a years time. It is the first time he has referred to us getting engaged and it made me feel happier knowing it IS on his mind... and not toooo far in the future! I would prefer it a little sooner (as I want to be married before babies) but I am happy with that :)

Looks like I will hanging around this thread for quite a while longer yet... aren't you a lucky bunch!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure