Options
1391392393394395397»

Comments

• mar7t1n
    mar7t1n Posts: 106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 March at 9:25AM
    Options
    I started using Quidco this year, and was pleased that a set of purchases had tracked adding a nice bonus cashback to the holiday. But seems before anything pays out the claims are being slowey declined away for no apparent reason. That's on top of purchases which didn't track in the first place. I have no confidence anything will pay out, as most are estimated to not pay out for 12 months until 6 months after the stay.

Avis - Retailer Declined
    Halfords - Retailer Declined - try a claim and it says my order number isn't long enough.

Marriott - Did not track
    IHG - Did not track
    Virgin Atlantic - Did not track

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,767 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No, I normally find them pretty good. You have to doublecheck that you’re not using other codes as well alongside. Retire is tend not  like you using discount codes and cashback sites together.
    You also need to make sure that if you’ve got several windows open you are using the one that originally opened from the Quidco site. I’ve had a few declined because of that, Normally on a holiday page when I’m looking at several options, so I open a few windows at a time and lose track of which was the original one - and it was my own fault. 
    Generally speaking, it’s not Quidco refusing; they’re either not tracking because of something that you’re doing or the retailer has said no. You could also try clearing cookies as well before your next attempt.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • mar7t1n
    mar7t1n Posts: 106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I generally work out what I'm going to buy. Then go back and start the tracking and try and go straight to order and pay. It's annoying as it's quite a bit of money to loose if it doesn't work as expected. But guess also it's just a bonus, if it works it work, if not - suggestion on a better cashback site welcome.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,767 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I tend to alternate between Quidco and TopCashback because they vary the amount of cashback given, so sometimes one is better paying and sometimes the other. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    In my experience, and it goes back many years, Quidco fails to pay out far more frequently than Topcashback - and I do know how to take all the correct steps (clean browser, no cookies etc) to avoid tracking problems.

Consequently, I use Quidco only as a last resort - and in any even it's very rarely that Topcashback doesn't offer a better rate.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback