Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    littlewren wrote: »
    Hi Rosie,

I'm still so confused re my Aviva Home Insurance claim. I wrote to the Aviva representative on here, who was extremely helpful and e-mailed me regarding the claim. The last e-mail I received from him on the 5th November, he told me:

Hi –

We have agreed the cash back claim so it is now just waiting Quidco approval.

But it is still saying 'Claim Raised' on Quidco's site. I am completely flummoxed now as to when I can expect the £48 from Quidco.

Can you shed some light on this please Rosie?

Hi there

Thank you for your post. I'd really like to look into this for you and try and find out when you will receive your cash back. Can you please email the following details to social@aviva.co.uk so I can check this for you:

- Full Name
    - Date of Birth
    - Postcode
    - Policy Number
    - Money Saving Expert Username

Many Thanks

Stephanie Carrington

Aviva UK Social Support
  • philgee
    philgee Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi Rosie/quidco Company Representative

On Monday I bought a new laptop from Tesco Direct via Quidco. The same evening I also started my weekly shop online with Tesco Groceries. Guess which purchase amount is showing as tracked in my Quidco account??! There is no cashback amount showing either, and I expect this will probably decline as the tracked purchase relates to my weekly shop, not the considerably more expensive laptop! What can be done please? I have both emails from Tesco - the one for the laptop and the one for my groceries.

Thanks

Phil
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there

Thank you for your post. I'd really like to look into this for you and try and find out when you will receive your cash back. Can you please email the following details to [EMAIL="social@aviva.co.uk"]social@aviva.co.uk[/EMAIL] so I can check this for you:

- Full Name
    - Date of Birth
    - Postcode
    - Policy Number
    - Money Saving Expert Username

Many Thanks

Stephanie Carrington

Aviva UK Social Support

Thankyou for your reply Stephanie, have just e-mailed you. :)
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon,

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend!

@Meadows – I’m sorry to hear that. The Argos offer did end on 13 November 2012, there was also a countdown next to this stating ‘expires in X hours’. Argos did then still offer cashback the next day, but reserve and collect purchases were excluded from this ,as per the terms and conditions.

@bcgraeme – Thanks, I’ve taken a look into this for you now. It seems to be that the purchase showing, that is tracking is for Sainsbury’s Travel Insurance, rather than Home Insurance. The Home Insurance purchase doesn’t seem to be showing at all. Can you please raise a claim for this?

@MDstalker – The ‘Faster Paying’ retailers will pay cashback around 5 – 6 weeks quicker than normal. However as it is still quite a new aspect, some of the average payment speeds simply haven’t updated yet, so it may well be quicker than this.

@littlewren – Don’t worry, all claims will always show as ‘claim raised’, even when approved. Once the cashback arrives, the claim will update to confirmed.

@Philgee – Don’t worry, it sounds like you’ll just need to raise a claim for the Tesco Direct purchase. You can do this here.

Many thanks,

Rosie E
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • philgee
    philgee Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Good afternoon,

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend!

@Philgee – Don’t worry, it sounds like you’ll just need to raise a claim for the Tesco Direct purchase. You can do this here.

Many thanks,

Rosie E

Thanks Rosie, have done this now - I have also noticed that another grocery shop is showing as tracked today!
  • ohmeohmy_3
    Options
    QUIDCO - I received a message from Quidco stating that I had tracked cashback of £50, and that if I made any further purchase through Quidco then my outstanding tracked cashback would be paid no later than 23rd November. It is now obviously 23rd November and I have not reveived the £50 tracked cashback. I DID make a further purchase through Quidco as required per your message, but have not received my tracked cashback. I am really not happy about this.
  • bcgraeme
    Options
    Hi Rosie,

I have done as you asked and raised a claim for the Home Insurance which seems to have been incorrectly tracked as Travel Insurance...I wait to hear from Quidco in due course. Regards, bcgraeme
  • bcgraeme
    Options
    To Rosie and all the Quidco Forum Readers,

I'd like to draw your attention to my experience with buymobilephones.net. Last April I obtained a mobile phone from them and used the Quidco site. I have been a member for a number of years and so know only too well the routine of cancelling cookies, etc. Well the phone did not track so I raised a claim and some six months later was told by Quidco that the retailer had declined by claim 'as it had paid the referral fee to a third party', but would not name who this was. I was astounded because this is the first transaction I have ever had declined. Reluctantly, I accepted this as a one off.

Now, believing that lightening never strikes twice I have very recently obtained another mobile phone from buymobilephones.net (cookies deleted, new dedicated browser, etc) ....and guess what? It didn't track! I have just raised a claim with Quidco and await the response although I am aware that this retailer does take up to six months to respond.

Naturally, I hope all goes well but the early signs are ominous, since it seems to mirror the previous transaction. I will keep readers informed of the outcome and would be interested to learn if anyone else has had smiliar problems with this retailer.

If the result is ultimately negative then Quidco really ought to question the vaildity of being linked to this retailer. Equally, if there is a buymobilephones.net representative reading this forum then I would welcome your comments.

Regards, bcgraeme
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Rosie, could someone please check on my sainsbury's pet insurance cashback for me? I know they take a while to pay out but i'd appreciate any update, thank you x
  • ladymarmalade222
    Options
    ohmeohmy wrote: »
    QUIDCO - I received a message from Quidco stating that I had tracked cashback of £50, and that if I made any further purchase through Quidco then my outstanding tracked cashback would be paid no later than 23rd November. It is now obviously 23rd November and I have not reveived the £50 tracked cashback. I DID make a further purchase through Quidco as required per your message, but have not received my tracked cashback. I am really not happy about this.

I too am having issues with Quidco regarding this, I received the email saying "we miss you and if you make a purchase within a certain time we will pay your outstanding cashback before November 23rd". That date has been and gone and still no cashback. I had been using Topcashback for all my transactions for the past year and have only just tried Quidco again - now I remember why I moved away.

I cannot even contact Quidco, just get the auto responses, no way of actually contacting you.

I would be grateful if the Quidco Rep could look into this for me, my username is the same as my name on here without the numbers on the end.

Many Thanks

xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport