MSE News: Scottish Power to hike energy prices

edited 7 June 2011 at 1:47PM in Energy
655 replies 55K views

Replies

• Rupert_BearRupert_Bear Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    I switched from SP and moved to Ovo on one of their fixed term deals.
  • jstallanjstallan Forumite
    324 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    craggs wrote: »
    This is getting out of hand now!

Does anyone know how i could guess my new price per unit on my tarrif,,i know it will be different amounts on each tarrif the rise it but using the 19% and 10% as the bench mark.

It would give me a better idea if to fix or not.

My current prices are

Electricity primary 17.277 pence per kWh Electricity secondary 10.031 pence per kWh Gas Primary 5.033 pence per kWh Gas secondary 3.647 pence per kWh

Would i just say for eg get the 17.277 + 10% and come up 19.047?

or just add 10% to my yearly electricity bill,same 19% for gas

thanks i know it sounds confusing just hope someone understands me:money:

Look at http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/campaigns/our-price-changes.aspx and follow your method of payment. You will then get all the Tarrifs and their new costs
  • papi34papi34 Forumite
    93 Posts
    just done a fix to EDF Fixed Energy 2 fixed to Sept 2012. USwitch suggested a saving of £150 against SP Online Energy 11 based on my previous year consumption. I'm assuming the comparison is on the current prices SP Online 11 and not the revised.
  • SmidsterSmidster Forumite
    517 Posts
    ✭✭
    When we came off an SP Fixed Rate we opted for 'Online Energy Saver 13'

With this extortionate price rise what options do we have?....other than freezing to death
  • m5rccm5rcc Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Spanish firm - easy pickings
  • John_3:16John_3:16 Forumite
    849 Posts
    This has been on the cards for the last 3 months. I was on a capped deal till feb then went on an online save, about a month ago I changed to the 3 year capped deal that has a breakdown and service contract built in Free???.

I worked out that it was about 22% higher than I was on at the time, but thought it would be worth the risk over summer low usage, and change back at the start of the winter if prices did not go up.

I will be very nearly breaking even with this rise with another 21/2 years of the fixed to run, Glad I took the plunge now;)
    The measure of love is love without measure
  • jstallanjstallan Forumite
    324 Posts
    ✭✭
    John_3:16 wrote: »
    This has been on the cards for the last 3 months. I was on a capped deal till feb then went on an online save, about a month ago I changed to the 3 year capped deal that has a breakdown and service contract built in Free???.

I worked out that it was about 22% higher than I was on at the time, but thought it would be worth the risk over summer low usage, and change back at the start of the winter if prices did not go up.

I will be very nearly breaking even with this rise with another 21/2 years of the fixed to run, Glad I took the plunge now;)

Is that the
    Platinum Fixed January 2014

Deal you are on ?
  • JasXJasX Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being cynical this wouldn't have anything to do with their inept administration of contract opt-outs last month? one way to keep all the custommers they've 'slammed' onto long term capped contracts with steep exit fees believing they did the right thing would be an immediate price hike?
  • maddipopsmaddipops Forumite
    87 Posts
    Fixonline 9 with eon sitting pretty till 1st March 2012 on great prices, but after that, It looks like my prices will increase by about 40-50%!!!! maybe I need to look for a 3-4 year fixed deal and bite the bullet now
  • TotalityTotality Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Hmm, unsure what to do here. I'm with BG and on their Fixed 2011 tariff which ends in September.

Tempted to move to their newer June 2012 tariff and pay the £100 penalty but really not sure whether to wait until this one runs out.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides