SAHM paying off debts slowly - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

SAHM paying off debts slowly

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
868 replies 77.9K views

Replies

• slm6002slm6002 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    :mad:Just had a long rant but computer chucked me out so you lucky people reading are saved. Lets just say that the credit card people who had stopped phonecall rang during dinner! trying to chase something that is not due:mad:
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    FW Nerd 1103, Debt Free 04/18
    Single Mum since 11/19
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well first order is now with avon so will see how we do with that. I have calmed down about credit card people. Now trying to find paperwork for mini thats currently sitting in the garage that OH bought some time ago. Apparently we have the new V5 but if we did it should be in the set place - no its not! - anyway need to find it today to get it SORN before we get a fine so off to look through everything - fun fun fun
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well have spent the rest of the day searching through every paperwork place thats in this house and the paperwork that OH is wanting is not here. We have the old style log book paperwork but not a new updated version. The numbers i need to process it for SORN dont work from this paperwork. Apparently he will look in his van when he gets home. Cant beleive he hasnt looked there already rather than me making whole house look like its been ransacked. Now have one big box file for all of his car stuff to try and keep on top of it but no point unless he hands it to me! He has done this (you must have lost it) to me before and ended up finding it in his driving file so i know my way of filing it works! Anyway off to collect DD from school
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just a little update. Have found missing paperwork for mini - it was down the back of the bed? It was only because i was looking for daughters recorder (she said it was behind our bed) that i found it. Such a random place for it to have been. Anyway SORN info now all done - hopefully no fine to be received but will wait and see.

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary and we went to the beach. Had fish and chips (paid for by Nana) and built sand castles. Was very good fun. We then went onto bowling (groupon voucher so very cheap - also doubled up as birthday treat for brother and his girlfriend so cheaper bday pressies needed. Only bought one lot of drinks which i had budgeted for when purchasing bowling voucher so it was in an envelope ready.

I think i have overdone it on food (treat stuff) and think there is only a little left in the budget for the rest of the month. Will have to be creative i think, although dad bought round some potatoes from one of his farmer friends which is appreciated. Still no news on inheritance but soon hopefully - should be a NSD today as dont plan on going anywhere
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I think i have deceided that the best way forward is to go for a DMP. I am not looking forward to all of the phone call and threatening letters, but think it will be best for us in the long run. OH not sold on the idea but i dont see many ways out other than this. i have all of the paperwork ready to sign and send but need to talk with OH first. Got to also check that they wont come and take sofa away as they will be on agreements too.

OH didnt do any overtime for this months pay packet and wont have any for next month either so it will be very, very tight for the next 2 months. Plus i will have 2 very hungry children home all day over holidays to keep fed.

On a good note i have reached my high sales target again for the 2nd month in a row so should get about £40 pay for this one, plus the free gift! Also found an old postal order that i managed to cash yesterday for £9, so thats a little more back.
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
  • Hovel_ladyHovel_lady Forumite
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just been reading your diary and thought I'd drop in and say hello.
    Best of luck with the debt busting. You're not alone with it.
    :)
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for dropping by. It really is great to see other people on here in similar situations so that i know i am not alone
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
  • LAM2011LAM2011 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi SLM, well done on getting the Avon off the ground. I tried it for a bit alongside my full time job but found I couldnt do both. Good luck with it all.

Do you do any of the surveys? I make about £40 a month from two different sites - just sitting in bed at night doing various surveys. One of them is vouchers which take in Tesco vouchers and the other is cash to paypal. Every little helps. :)
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    i do a few - one which i do get luncheon vouchers, but most of them i do lots of questions and then they say thanks but no thanks. Very frustrating. Would you mind letting me know which ones and i will see if i do them already - certainly not getting £40 per month! PM if not allowed to put up on here. dont want to get anyone in trouble.

I am having an ebay session today and hopefully putting up some baby clothes - hope they sell and it goes smoothly. I hate doing this as something normally goes wrong!
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    lam2011 thanks for the PM unfortunately i am already signed up for these but rarely get anything from them. I suppose little is better than nothing. Am still thinking of going down DMP route but perhaps on own rather than jointly with OH. Most debt is in my name other than loan for his work lorry which comes out of his account. I figured perhaps if i do it on my own he wont have to take hit on his credit rating so would be happier.

Got 1 lady not who has not left her avon book out so off to collect and hopefully get 1 last order for this campaign. Already met targets but a little more commission wont do any harm will it
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19