SAHM paying off debts slowly - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

SAHM paying off debts slowly

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
868 replies 77.9K views

Replies

• slm6002slm6002 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Well i have just spoken to my Avon lady who is coming to see me Thursday (better start cleaning now!) afternoon. She is very happy to have someone so close to her as she only lives about 5 min away from me. Guess if i get stuck on anything she will be close enough to come and help. Quite looking forward to it. Better tell OH when he gets home as not mentioned it to him yet. 'Oh by the way dear i have a new job' - i can see the look on his face now. Cant wait to start earning - hopefully - and then paying things off quicker
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    FW Nerd 1103, Debt Free 04/18
    Single Mum since 11/19
  • Itsadogslife_2Itsadogslife_2 Forumite
    797 posts
    Ninth Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it is ever going to make you a Millionnaire as the Avon lady but it definitely gets you out in the fresh air and could earn you some nice extra pocket money - I am really pleased you have taken this forward. Positive steps forward :T
    LBM Debt as of 01/05/11 - £39,483.84 :eek::naughty: _pale_

Debt free as of 24/07/13 :T:T :beer::beer:
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    definately feeling more positive so thanks again for the suggestion. Even pocket money is better than nothing at the moment. Today i will be spending the day cleaning and avoiding any spending opportunities as no money left in budget for anything and avon lady coming tomorrow so better make an effort! Have a good day everyone
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Droped off 1st round of books today so will see what response i get to those. Spoke to a few of the houses and feeling quite possitive now. OH not happy in his job and wants to change. Pre meeting me he would have quit by now but he has learnt that grown ups cant just do that - he knows he has responsibilities so cant leave before finding another job! Having a no spend day today (had lots recently as actually have no money in purse so cant spent! should be shortened to CSP - CANT SPEND DAYS!)
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Ok a little update from me. I have been very busy with Avon dropping and picking up orders as only have until 22nd to complete round before order is needed. I have so far collected the books twice and managed to collect 15 orders to the value of about £135 so will make a little money from that, although there are a few costs such as next months brochures to come out of it etc. Put the books out again this morning so could get at least another 2 collections before ordering.

I have been receiving more bills and more people chasing for payments on things and at the moment i cant really see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know it will happen but it seems so far away. I managed to cut my petrol down last month by walking almost everywhere so will try again this month, so i can put a few more pennies towards the bills. I didnt manage too badly with my food budget but went a little over. I must learn that i cant just buy things because i want them rather than if we need it. This way i would cut the food / other spending down a fair bit. Putting my food / petrol and other monies into seperate envelopes is working well.

With me doing avon so much i should be able to spend less time near shops as its further out of town than i would normally be so again no extra shopping trips to kill time. Anyway i am aiming for 25 NS days this month.

Anyway must go as OH back and i can finally have something to eat - am starving!
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
  • Hi SLM, just read through your posts and thought I would pop in and say hello! I'm currently on maternity leave after baby number 2 and am dreading going back to work! I would love to be a stay at home mummy but unfortunately we'd most definately sink if I didn't go back :( I'm hoping to be able to work from home more so that I can at home with the kids so fingers crossed my employers go with it.

Glad you've managed to get an Avon round up and running, you sound so much more positive than you did in your initial post! I'm having a "miserable about money" day today, but I'm sure we'll get there in the end. Will subscribe to your thread and post back soon!

CwC xx
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting, it really does help to know that you are not rambling on to emptyness and that there are supporters out there ready to kick me up the bum when needed :)

I hope you feel better money wise today. If not go give your 2 little ones a cuddle that will soon cheer you up a little, or come here and have a rant - i dont mind
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well i am up to £262 worth of avon orders which should give me £57 ish pound profit - i think. I am a little unsure what to tell hmce re tax credits as i have no real idea as to how much income i will make - not sure i will do this well each time. Do you think they will base it on this campaign? Guess thats another job for monday - will write it on my list.

Had one of the credit card people on the phone again today - they are currently ringing at least 3 times a day - after speaking with them a few weeks ago the phonecalls started as they had put fees on my payment taking it from £35 per month to £90 per month. I had only budgeted the £35 so i am afraid that was all they could have. Anyway up till now the 3 phonecalls per day were automated, and i would hang up as they know the situation. Today the phone call was from a real person - shock horror! Well they say the charges have now been removed and i only owed them £21 by 5th July, also they are going to put a stop on the phonecalls. Excellent - they have been really annoying me for ages and i can finally answer my phone without the dread.

My mobile contract has finally come to an end so i need to find another good deal. I was on £8.50 per month. 30 min and 500 text. This was plenty for me, and at the time it worked out cheaper than PAYG. Need to look into this again, as i need a new phone as current one really has had it - it is at least 6 years old now and has suffered a lot in those years. I cant work the new touch screen ones, and dont need anything fancy like apps or internet. Maybe thats tonights job.

Sorry for the rambling, will update again soon :)
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19
  • Hi slm, glad to hear you're credit card company are going to stop pestering you! There's nothing worse! Thats great that they have removed the charges, thats brilliant news!

You sound like your doing great with the avon too, thats really good, every little helps where the pennies are concerned! I've sold a few more items on ebay, not mega bucks but it will all go towards "stuff"!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! x
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well i have just picked up books for avon again and to be honest was slightly disapointed that there were only about half who have returned their books and no orders in the rest. This is the first time so far that i have had such a bad response. Will go again later and see if there are any others about.

I am definately not going too far today as tyre has a puncture so waiting for OH to have time to mend it / replace tyre. Luckily he has several in the garage from previous projects that he has kept hold of so its just time he needs now. Hoping it can be done today as i need to do Rainbows run later today.

Post has just arrived with free comic for my DS. Lots of stickers to keep him happy - not bad for a free sample / competition (cant remember which one!). Feeling that this month is going to be very tight. I am expecting some inheritance money to come through any time but just dont know when. Dad didnt give any indications as to when it would arrive, but could really do with it soon just so i can pay some bits off. It wont clear everything but it will help.

I have been keeping an eye on freecycle for a few bits - yesterday i got a plug in the tv type of computer game thing. Its full of all the old type games - pac man etc. I got it for the kids but OH spent most of the day playing with it yesterday. Also just replied for a train set as DS really likes playing with the train set at nursery so thought that would make a nice pressie for him. Think i will be making more use of this site in months to come
    Me, DD 14, DS 12, DD 9
    Single Mum since 11/19