PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• missblonde
    missblonde Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Visited my mum yesterday so popped into Lidl's yesterday to get their Potato salad, my favourite! Also popped into the 99p shop to stock up on cleaning goodies. I've meal planned for next week and my list only has about 8 items - it will feel very odd only buying that small amount.
    "Born to shop, forced to work!"

• kahunababy
    kahunababy Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon All,

Hope you are all well and the sun is shining in whatever part of the country (or world) you may be!

Was planing on having fajitas for tea but seen as the sun is out for the first time in a while we are going to have a BBQ for tea instead and have fajitas tomorrow. I have some sausages, pork chops and burgers in the freezer than I can defrost in the microwave, as well as some bread rolls. I will make a salad from bits I have hanging round in the fridge and throw together a quick pasta which will also be part of our lunch tomorrow.

I am working on a weekly budget of £60 (£300 for the month of June) and I am well within budget for this week (week ends on sat). I currently have £21.56 left from this weeks budget and I am going to put this away into a seperate account. I am planning on waiting to see how far I can last into next week till I have to go shopping, I have enough in to last till maybe Tue or if I'm really thrifty Wed but I will need to get some packed lunch bits and f&V by then. Fingers crossed I can do it which will mean that I will probably be under budget next week too (and make some room in my freezer).

Right I will go now, sorry for the long rambling post, I will try to keep it short in future.

Take care all

xKBx
    Just little old me!
  • TheThriftyScrumpers
    TheThriftyScrumpers Posts: 293 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2011 at 2:33PM
    Options
    Hello :)

Please may I be put down for £420 for June.

Thank you to all who run the thread.

Will update my signature later. I have a veg box £17.74 and £6 Mr T shop. I overspent in May (shopping in store - my downfall) so I will go back to Internet orders for June.

Good luck everyone! Xx
    GC Mar 11 £437.08Apr 11 £459.26 May 11 £485.52 June 11 £423.79July 11 £409.22 Aug 11 £250.10Sept 11 £396.14Oct 11 £382.37Nov 11 £372.55Dec 11 £332.29 Jan 12 £375.19:Feb 12 £349.58Mar 12 £279.66Apr 12 £249.12May 12 £337.66/Jun 12 £362.58/Jul 12 £317.03/Aug 12 £354.02/Sept £439.72/Oct 12 £210.16
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am having a home delivery from Mr T tomorrow - current guide price is £158.79 but I am going to sit down now and meal plan and see how much I can shave off :j back soon
  • Nimeth
    Nimeth Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all! First spend of June, had 2 NSDs yesterday and Wednesday. Not off to a great start this month, spent £38.77 in A!di and then £31.70 in Te$co, so a weeks spend at £70.47. Should not have gone into Mr Ts in hindsight, got tempted by a whole side of salmon that cost me £19:eek:. However, it will make 3 dinners, one of which is going on the BBQ this weekend. The other two dinner portions are chilling in the freezer for later, along side all the batch cooking I did last week, so shouldn't need to spend too much over the next few weeks.

Looking forward to the weekend anyway, BBQ weather, fresh salmon steaks to mooch and a Test match going on at Lord's, England v Sri Lanka!:cool:
    Dec GC; £208.79/£220
    Save a life - Give Blood
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey I have some pages to catch up with already.

So far have spent £32.38 and most of it was on fruit & veg. The only meat I got was some mince from butchers to make a cottage pie with next week. So far this month - I know its only day three - have used meat or fish out of the freezer so feeling very :money: lets hope it continues.
    Tonight we are having chicken cacciatore with mushrooms, broccoli and new potatoes. Never done this before so hope it is nice.
    Made some roasted pepper and tomato soup for lunch and it was delicious. Used up two rather sad looking peppers so again :money: yay.
    Good luck everyone. Will catch up with all the pages later tonight.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • 69chick
    69chick Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    Just back from first A!di trip,spent 44.09 but didn't feel like I got loads,although when I was putting it away its seemed more somehow!

It was weird to not be looking for offers (they don't seem to do them) I guess we will see how the stuff I bought will be received...Bit annoyed though as they didn't have any mens spray deodorant in which dh is desperate for and means I will have to pop out for now...and the potatoes weren't great so I will need to get them at the weekend,oh and the super six is a bit rubbish, although I did get the cucumber, avocado and spring onions...

I didn't get one but was impressed with the price of 4.99 for a good sized free range chicken, will have to try that another time.

have updated sig. hoping to meal plan with what I have bought and top up this week with minimal stuff..

off to catch up on you all..
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Been to Mr T's this morning and after a £4 off £40 Mr S voucher and a £2 pricecheck voucher the total bill came to £35:j
    The weekly budget is £45 so that's £10 under budget:beer:.

I have meal planned until next week and have everything we need (I think!) so shouldn't be popping out for one of those pint of milk £20 top ups!
    I even bought some extra frozen fruit to stop me running out after the fresh stuff has been scoffed.
    Very pleased with myself:A
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Mrs_Money_Penny Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All A big shop of £99.04 today small amount spent in MrA and large amount in MrS. Have a good weekend everyone.
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 June 2011 at 6:02PM
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    I am having a home delivery from Mr T tomorrow - current guide price is £158.79 but I am going to sit down now and meal plan and see how much I can shave off :j back soon

Have just checked out my order for what I hope is the final time and the guide price is approximately £191.00 :eek: Hmmm, so much for reducing my total, I have increased it. :mad:

So I think I will have to rethink my weekly shop with Mr T. If I spent like that every week, I would have no money left!

The shop I have done today does include some extras as its my OH's birthday tomorrow so some extra booze for a last minute gift and all the bits I need to do a nice dinner (beef madras curry, bombay potato and banoffee pie :j) I am hoping that with what I have coming tomorrow and with all the bits and pieces I have in already that I will not need to buy much else this month other than bread/potatoes/milk/lunch bits/ fresh veg (if needed).

heres hoping anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport