GTD's DFW Diary - Getting Closer to 40...

Options

Comments

• GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Thanks hypno - you're right, it is exactly what is needed. It also reminded me that I really need to sort our garden and maybe approaching it like we approach our debts might be a good idea. Not really thought about what the SOA would look like, but there's something forming in my head (probably due to the wine :))
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Overslept and forgot about visiting a carboot sale. Must have been the wine last night - doh! Just wondering whether to go out and cut down some more weeds before it rains, or crack on with my paperwork... or read a few more threads on here :)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Just twigged that I have gone under the £8000 'barrier' so time to have a mini-celebrate :) wahoo!

Here goes the next push to get it down under £7000...
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Spent loads lately - feels like I'm slipping back into my bad old ways. I haven't put anything away for the phone/gas/electric bills and I've been gradually running down the money I got for my bank charges, which I've been using as a 'buffer'.

I'm getting a new spreadsheet app for my Mac (sticking with it hypno!) so that will be a good opportunity to redo my spending plans.

The good news is that I managed to get one of my CC charges paid back, so that has helped on the DFW front. Another one (MINT) has made an offer, but I'm deciding whether to accept it as they are limiting it to charges over £12. Take the money, or stand my ground???

Still thinking about Matched Betting, but really don't like going to gambling sites. May have to get over that as it sure beats doing surveys and click thru's for money.

Getting there though; I shouldn't feel too disheartened, DFD isn't too far away...

gtd
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its the keeping on top of everything that is the downer isn't it. YOu take your eye off the ball for a minute and suddenly your are more money down than you thought. On the other hand, you are not far away from breaking the 7k barrier now, so you must be doing something right!

Keep up the good work. How is your OH doing with her debts?
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Hi Chevalier - thanks. I think I need an injection of energy - or probably just a kick up the @r$e will do! You're right about the £7k barrier; not far away now, it's just I get really impatient! :)

Re: the OH - she's on course, sticking to her snowball plan. I think some of her loans end soon and that's always a bit of a psychological boost. If the weather is rubbish this weekend, then I think she'll be hitting ebay big time as we have piles of stuff to get rid of.

I'm so DFW now, that I really resent money going out of my account, which is why the water bill is now late - doh! Anyway, must crack on...
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi GTD, your DFD is now less than 2 years away. So that is another barrier broken - you are 1 year and something away from being debt free. How good is that!!!!!

Stick with it. Don't desert us - you know you miss us when you stay away!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Thanks hypno - i do indeed miss you all :)

Had a few glasses of wine tonight, so might not quite get much done on the DFW front BUT we are going to go ahead and do matched betting! Woohoo! Going to have to do some research, as I think I get the general gist of it, but the details kind of allude me at the moment...
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DO NOT DO MATCHED BETTING WHEN YOU HAVE HAD A FEW GLASSES OF WINE :eek:

Lots of offers around this weekend though so assuming you won't be hung over in the morning, you can tackle them all then.

The gambling board is busy with people taking advantage of these offers so there will be plenty of bods around for you to ask advice from!

Good luck and have a good evening. Cheers x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure