GTD's DFW Diary - Getting Closer to 40...

Options

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are you proposing on one of these weekends away :confused:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    you're very perceptive ;)

there's another weekend away at the start of august when we're going away with a couple of friends - i'll say no more...
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Perceptive? Or just a nag.......:confused:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Back from hols! Wow, was fantastic and although tried to keep a lid on the spending, ended up spending more than I should have; but no major probs, just will have to have a 'cheap' July (and August, September etc) and do some carbooting and other money-making exercises.

Hey hypno - you're no nag! I didn't see your comment until now. Hope to catch up with you this week. You're exactly the kind of encouragement I respond well to!

I got my £25 cheque from greasypalm (that took ages to build up) and a co-op divi of £2 for 2006 - wow, I'll try not to spend that all in one go :)
    Mind you I hardly used my co-op card that year (mainly pre-LBM) but I use it on every trip these days - even for 36p tomato puree I bought this afternoon.

This week is going to be horrendous - it's the worst thing about coming back off holiday; the work just piles up for a week. Oh well, will try and keep positive and fight my way through it all :)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good time. I am sure you will soon get back into your DFW ways throughout the rest of the summer. I will be on your case if you don't :rotfl:

Have a good day.
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Thanks hypno! You're a star :rotfl:

Right, I need to get organised again...

I've switched over to a mac from windows and it's taking me a little while to get used to the differences.

Also, my email/calendar/address book is all out of kilter now, and I had it set up for my GTD way of working so I'm going to investigate how it's done on a mac.

Also, just feeling old today :( and overweight. Just going to wallow for the next 20-30 minutes...
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I tried switching to a Mac last year - couldn't get the hang of it so went back to windows!! All the Mac users I know think it is the best thing since sliced bread - perhaps I am just a bit thick :o

Why are you feeling old today? I am sure it is just post holiday blues, down to earth with a bump sort of thing.

Give yourself a couple more days, you will feel as though you have never been away and your youth will return!!!
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Hi Hypno - I'm feeling a bit thick at times! But I'm going to try and stick it out (oo-er)

Think you're right about the post-holiday thang; I will work my way through it and I'm sure hanging around on MSE will help... :)
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Went into the garage to have a look at the bike (as inspired by Hypno) and remembered that the lawn needed mowing and so did that instead. Now, as the sun was shining and the lawn was inviting we just spent the afternoon reading the papers on the grass. A bit lazy, but cost nothing :)

Gradually getting used to the Mac way of doing things, but I had a way of working on the PC that helped me keep on top of things and it doesn't 'translate', so I'll have to keep thinking on that one (Outlook vs. iCal/iMail etc). Mustn't grumble though - it's a beaut!

Our household income has dropped significantly now that the OH is working locally, but the improvement in the 'Quality of Life' is fantastic. I don't think we'd have been able to do it without this site, so thanks to :money:if you ever read this :). We're in the DFW groove laughing-smiley-014.gif

Oh, except I do have a confession... I couldn't resist buying a Sky+ box. Now the £10 per month subscription has gone and our cruddy video recorder is playing up it seemed like a good idea.

I'm not ready to sell at a car boot, but I will visit a local one tomorrow to see how they work these days - it's been a long time since I've been...

gtd
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quality of life is what it is all about. Everyone needs a bit of time lazing on the lawn, and as you rightly said, it is free! Exactly what is needed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure