🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

GTD's DFW Diary - Getting Closer to 40...

Options

Comments

• GettingThingsDone
    Options
    A day off work to clear out under the stairs?!!? A day off work to lounge around the house thinking about clearing out under the stairs, maybe, but actually doing it - who do you think I am - hypno? oh, that's you :)

ok, i'll take a leaf out of your book and get into action. Thanks!

gtd
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A day off work to clear out under the stairs?!!? A day off work to lounge around the house thinking about clearing out under the stairs, maybe, but actually doing it - who do you think I am - hypno? oh, that's you :)

ok, i'll take a leaf out of your book and get into action. Thanks!

gtd

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Now the post is back, I got a big fat envelope from the court re: Mint. Gonna have to get stuck into that over the weekend.

My Don't Break The Chain for my diet says "You've been getting things done for 24 days straight" which is nice to know. My lo-cal habit is forming...

Must go!

gtd
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the continuing Mint claim!

The diet thing is obviously working - how much weight have you lost in that 24 days?
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    I've lost 6lbs, which isn't as much as I'd hoped, but I have stuck to my eating regime which is the important thing.

The mint claim is getting 'heavy' now, and is at the court stages, so I'll have to do some research into getting the correct documents/details back to the court. Luckily the court is in Northampton, so I don't have to worry about the postage problems.

Anyway, plenty to get on with today :)

gtd
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    6lbs is pretty good, and if you are sticking to the healthy eating bit, then that is more important than any weight loss anyway.

If you have not already done so, have a good look through the threads on the bank charge reclaim thread - they were invaluable to me when I was doing my claim, although as you know the OFT launched this court case 2 weeks before my court date, so I don't have any idea what the outcome would have been!

Have a good day!
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Thanks for that - did you have any credit card claims though?
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Just a mini-update:

- 3 lbs down this week
    - MUST DO EXPENSES & PAY OFF AMEX BILL (we now have over 100K points though :) However, I see that it costs 10 million points to lease a Lamboghini for a year! )
    - Mint claim continues; got to make a few calls tomorrow (Monday)

Too much work and too much MSE-ing! Argh, I need a plan to cope with this addiction. Maybe limit myself to 1 hour on here, or 10 posts a day or something? The dilemma is, if I stay away, I lose my DFW motivation and if I'm in here too much I don't get enough work done.

I'll think of something...

gtd
  • GettingThingsDone
    Options
    Had a horrible cold and cough for the last few days - cough has been keeping myself and OH up all night so we're both knackered.

Found some old Becks beer glasses (Bier?) which seem to be selling on ebay, so there's some Christmas money there.

Still haven't worked out a way of rationing my MSE time - something to think about today maybe.

Got my Mint claim sorted; OK I'll settle out of court for a little under the full amount, but I just want the cash at the moment. Then I need to decide whether to claim back the Amex charges - my final card.

Got rid of my company car last month and it has not been too painful. I can walk or cycle to work and either use OH's car or rent one when I need to go further afield. I should see more cash in my pay-packet as a result plus an amount for a car allowance and milage; which is nice :) All this extra will go to paying off the remainder of the Mint card, and then it's interest-free MBNA all the way.

I need to re-do my snowball so that I can recalculate my DFD, which should (fingers crossed and being over-optimistic) be somewhere inside 2008. please.

I've also remembered that I have an old copper water tank in my garage - maybe it's just copper-coloured, but it would be nice if it is worth something. However, not quite sure how to find out - it's not like there is a 'copper magnet' for example. May have a wander round MSE...

gtd
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi gtd

sympathies on the cold - I have a lurgy too, tho not a hacking one, just tired and listless, espec. since I'm continuing to work (oh, the joys of self-employment). Fantastic that you're still managing to think about ebay and mse-ing... I'm sort of ignoring it at the moment.

Good luck with the rest of it.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills