PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Wed 25th May

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yaaaay just had DGD Holly on the phone she passed her driving test which I am so pleased for her as her parents have bought her a little runabout car to get her to Uni in September and she has worked so hard to pay for her lessons, so one very happy 17 year old (her 18th is in July) Just need some good news for son-in-law this afternoon to cheer us all up for the rest of the day
    I am off to have a celebratory cuppa and slice of fruit cake
  • mrsmortenharket
    mrsmortenharket Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.
    1 washload on the line. Another in & another ready to go in.
    Living room windows & sills cleaned.
    Chilsren have sausage & mash for dinner. I'll have something veggie with the mash.

Good Luck Essex Girl x

My MiL is visiting on the weekend. She is very houseproud. I am more relaxed. She even irons underwear, bedding, towels, PJ's etc! :eek:

So am going to have a bit of a housework blitz. Not easy with a toddler at my backside!

So am going to switch off the pc & get on :eek:

Love, (((hugs))) & spoons

Lisa x
  • mrsmortenharket
    mrsmortenharket Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    Well done to Holly, Jackie! xxx
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Options
    rosie383 wrote: »
    You know, I was lying awake this morning thinking to myself.......is the OS forum an addiction? I only ask as I have to get my 'fix' every day, and panic a bit if I don't have internet connection. Or is it a bit like a 'best friend' that we chat to every day on the phone, and find it a constant comforting presence? :p

Definitely an addiction. But a nice one:D DH just rolls his eyes when he gets in and I'm still online.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Jo - Woohoo well done holly :T
    MrsMH - Don't stress out too much.....;), my MIL always says "you've got young children don't forget", but the face says something else :rotfl:. I'm in same predicament BIL and GF are visiting fri onwards so trying to keep on top of it :o

Bottom loo de-cluttered of winter coats, wellies, boots etc :eek:. wiped and cleaned:o.

Need to progress upstairs now...

Oh i finally got my shopping money back from Mr A (1 week later).
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Cold and windy here, need to put another sweater on as one on is rather light.....!!!!!!, its MAY!!

Dinner to-night will be ham and cabbage, just in case DD3 can't get a fix very often in Perth.

Not sure what I am going to do for rest of day, looks as if it is going to rain here now, so clothes on line would be a bit of a waste, had planned on cutting a few logs too for the woodburner in kitchen but not sure if its raining. Falling tree looks even more unhealthy this morning, can do nothing other than ban children and dogs from back garden. At least it won't fall to road if it does collapse....just hoping it will avoid the greenhouse, not too good at assessing height.

Hugs to all in need or want to-day, exam people and interviewees....congratulations to Holly JackieO

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Just a quickie from my today as we are off to Stansted shortly to pick up DS and GF. They are flying in from KL and don't land until 9.30 tonight but we have a 5 hr drive there and back and want to miss the rush hour traffick going so will stop in St Albans for tea and stretch our legs.

The house is cleaned to within an inch of its life and no dirty washing, it wont last but at least its spotless for when they arrive. (I have a bit of a reputation as a neat freak:o)

So won't get back until very late and we are all off tomorrow so a nice lie in and a lazy breakfast.

DS3 had his science exam this morning, he is home now and soo excited about picking up his big brother:j

((hugs)) where needed, hope Daisy had a good night. Will catch up tomorrow. J x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    She is very houseproud. I am more relaxed. She even irons underwear, bedding, towels, PJ's etc!

This was me pre-kids! i even used to iron my pop socks :D
  • mrs.butler
    mrs.butler Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a lovely thread:) Just discovered it!

Really didnt want to get up this morning, but at least its a glorious day down here in the south. Just wish I had hauled myself out of my pit earlier so that I could have got some washing done, and out on the line.

Quite a good day so far at work (I work for my Dads business).

OH picking me up from work later so planning to cook him a nice meal from stores, not sure whether to do curry or spag bol. Feeling a bit guilty as have been a bit lazy when it comes to cooking recently, just been off my food, not sure why.

Planning a night of catching up on sky + (currently loving Game of Thrones), and a nice pampering session!:)
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All,

Yeah i think it's the money worries that are stressing OH out - but he does need to learn to chill out, he flies off the handle then thinks about what he's done. PLUS everything is always my fault, it's my fault he's not been paid and my fault he ran out of diesel (if he'd spent his last fiver on diesel in stead of beer this wouldn't have been an issue!)

But, we've been promised the money tomorrow so just got to get through tonight. I need to magic up an amazing dinner from our stores to fill him up so he doesn't grumble about that! - ideas any one?? :o
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family