PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Wed 25th May

Options
esmf73
esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
edited 25 May 2011 at 6:42AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread forWednesday 25th May. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all, couldn't see a fred so if I've stepped on toes, please feel free to merge. Can't believe we're all up so early this morning - with two wet beds too - thank goodness for washing machines. Today will be full of washing (!) and then I'll get the second coat of paint on the dining room walls. Get that finished as people are coming over on Thursday night. Have piles of ironing to do - am tempted to farm it out - but that would NOT be OS. So will do it Friday morning.

Gazing out of the window I can see a poor sheep being climbed all over by her lamb in the field. Poor mum is just trying to have a mouthful of grass and the youngster is climbing all over her neck - I know just how she feels at times!

Tea tonight is HM pizzas using up the pasta sauce from last night and some flatbreads from the freezer. Kids will love it. Better get on. Hope Daisy cat is OK.

Anniestar - hope that you got a better nights sleep and that you're feeling a bit brighter. I am the same, and often find it is related to events a week or so prior. Hope that things get better for you today - keep talking to us, xx
2014 will be all about ME!
( well that hasn't happened!!!)
Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Esmf and all to follow,

Nice day here again although we are desperate for some rain. I am off to work today, and DD to school, she has 2 x chemistry exams today, good luck to all exam takers x

Dinner tonight is cottage pie and veg, will do dd a pasta bake with veggies and cheese sauce, our pie is made and in the fridge, so will just have to shove in oven.

Is anyone else's car and windows filthy ?? mine are really dusty, I wondering if its the volcano ??

Anniestar, please pop in daily and have a chat, I miss your posts, big hugs to you xxxx

Daisy cat, hope there has been some improvement overnight xx

Have good days all xxx
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for starting the thread ESMF.
    Off to work soon, hubby's been dropped at the station with his packup, breakfast eaten, fish fed etc etc.
    Pork steak for tea tonight with HG new potatoes.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning chums school run first thing then a nailbiting hour to see if DGD Holly has passed her driving test This afternoon I have to pick the boys up as son-in-law has a meeting to see about his job which is supposed to be dissapearing in a reorganisation of the KCC so a bit of a worrying day.Still the sun is shining and all my washing and iroing is up to date .Last night I made two litres of soup for odds and ends in the fridge
    1 head of celery
    a dozen spuds peeled and cut up
    a handful of chopped onion and a couple of stock cubes.I sprinkled a tablespoon of curry powder into the mix and cooked it until all the veg was soft then whizzed it up in the food mixer .Result a pale green curried potato and celery soup that I have bottled up and will eat throught the week.DD had a bogoff on celery and I already had one in the fridge, so soup it was with the spare one.I will have some for lunch today and as a starter for dinner tonight.Hope everyone has a good day
    Take care all
    JackieO xx
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 25 May 2011 at 7:40AM
    Options
    Morning everyone,

It is another lovely day here, washing is out on the line and my vegetable plants are looking healthy!

OH has gone off to Manchester for the day as MIL is having a back operation. She has been in terrible pain since before Christmas, at times virtually unable to move, so the operation is a really good thing but I am still worried about how today will go.

Work is really busy at the moment so that will stop me fretting too much during today.

Tea tonight is pasta bake, the kids love it but OH hates it and we can only have it when he is not here, and some fruit salad that I made last night from cheap whoopsied melon and strawberries.

Good luck to your granddaughter JackieO.

Best wishes to Daisy cat.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Good Luck Exam'ees :D

Lovely and sunny here :T, beds need changing and the washing basket is full after DD1 cleaned her room lastnight :cool:.

I think mum and dad are coming over today...she wants to go to matalan ;). Tea tonight Smoked cod loin YS, and chips mushy peas.

DH has college (his last day double edged sword in my view) so a peaceful day ;).

Have lovely days xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All

No exams for DD today - she has a day at home - don't expect to see her much before lunchtime :o

Interview today :eek: not till 2.15 so have to wait ages. Have lots to do in my office before so hope to occupy my mind.

Pork kebabs with rice and pitta for dinner tonight.

Have a great day.x
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Bright and sunny here. DH up and off to work at stupid early o'clock. Dinner last night was quickies all round, DS1 had lasagne from freezer, DS2 had cheese on toast, DH had egg and bacon and I had mushroom omlette and salad. Did remember to get chicken out of freezer so tonights dinner is roast chicken, mash, veg, yorkshires and gravy.

Am slowly working through the "to do" list, will need to get the computer work done tonight so tomorrow I can concentrate on going to bank, shopping, packing, baking/cooking, and housework etc - sounds quite a lot - perhaps not best to think about it otherwise it will overwhelm me before I start!

DS1 is making flapjacks at school today, hoping he manages not to eat them all before he gets home! Having my hair hi-lighted this afternoon will feel so much better once this is done! Have a new iron, a steam generator one, have to say I'm quite impressed, does seem to have cut the ironing time down, always good, so I can spend more time doing the things I enjoy!

Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
    nmlc
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Essex-girl wrote: »

Interview today :eek: not till 2.15 so have to wait ages. Have lots to do in my office before so hope to occupy my mind.

Good Luck EG xxxx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning!

Sunny here and should get warmer today.

I am in bed with the lappie and a cuppa but will be going in to work this morning to observe a student. Hopefully this afternoon will be flying with the flyladies and gents. Next week is half term but I will have to go in next Wednesday to observe another student.

Tea will be something with sausages-OH and DS like cauli and broccoli cheese so may pop in to LidL to see if they have any packs.

Have a good day.

Good luck to all taking exams.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Good luck to all those with exams today
    EG fingers crossed for you hun
    Anniestar big hugs for you
    Ivyleaf,Twink & PPin hope you are all ok havent seen you all in a while