Has anyone got a discount on Virgins new Tivo box via retentions??

Options

Comments

• Dirks_Engine_Room
    Options
    Rang up today over getting tivo.

I am on a very very good deal but HD+ box keeps resetting itself.

So rang up to be offered the standard free installation and £49 activation fee. She said that Virgin WOULD NOT REMOVE THE ACTIVATION FEE FOR ANYONE. Infact she said this on 3 occasions.

Has anyone had any luck?

Said I would sleep on it.
  • wearside_2
    wearside_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    spiro wrote: »
    When you have a TiVo box you get Sky movies/sports in HD for free compared to the V+ box so in my case it actually lowered my bill PLUS I've just found out that my 50mb bb will be upgraded to 100mb at no extra cost. Have to admin I have XL TV etc. Other extras over V+ are:
    1) If you are not watching TV you can record three channels.
    2) If you have a smart phone and can access the MyVirgin webpage you can schedule records remotely. This is soon to be replaced by an App to do it directly.
    3) It makes 6 (not yet seen them) common websites (Youtube etc) available on your TV and this list is due to be expanded.

I have the new TiVo Box but cannot receive Sky Movies/Sports without paying extra subscription. How have you managed it?
    To Dare is To Do:beer:
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wearside wrote: »
    I have the new TiVo Box but cannot receive Sky Movies/Sports without paying extra subscription. How have you managed it?

He was probably on a high package then moved to vip50
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mojo1997 wrote: »
    Rang them and tried pushing them, they offered me the 500 gb Tivo box for £20 install then £3 a month. I was about to go ahead with it until he said there was also a set up fee of something like £60!!!!......I said no thanks.

After I came off the phone I looked online and saw there was still the V+ box which basically does what I want i.e record TV (not bothered about HD)...I told them at VM that I wasn't bothered about HD so why didn't they bring the V+ box to my attention.
    V+ is HD.......................
  • birkee
    birkee Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2011 at 8:32AM
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    V+ is HD.......................

Confusing.

V+ box is not HD........ The transmissions are HD.
    Often, the same channel is available as a normal resolution for none HD compatible TV's, and in HD for HD capable TV's. You choose the transmission you want.
    Same way as in Freeview, you choose channel 1 for BBC, or channel 50 for BBC/HD. Channel 3 for ITV, and channel 51 for ITV/HD.
    The V+ box is just a terminal, it does not convert to HD within itself.
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, a couple of friends have recently had the new Tivo box installed and have had nothing but problems with them, it would seem that the new box is possibly going to be as unreliable as the original.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    birkee wrote: »
    Confusing.

Often, the same channel is available as a normal resolution for none HD compatible TV's, and in HD for HD capable TV's. You choose the transmission you want.
    Same way as in Freeview, you choose channel 1 for BBC, or channel 50 for BBC/HD. Channel 3 for ITV, and channel 51 for ITV/HD.
    Ok Mr Clever, its "Capable" of recieving HD!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    keith1950 wrote: »
    Hi, a couple of friends have recently had the new Tivo box installed and have had nothing but problems with them, it would seem that the new box is possibly going to be as unreliable as the original.

More than likely down to a shoddy install,not the box.
  • birkee
    birkee Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Ok Mr Clever, its "Capable" of recieving HD!

So's my ariel, and other UHF tuners.
    Question is, can the TV display it.
    Received?
  • mre15
    mre15 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    birkee wrote: »
    Confusing.

This isnt stricktly true, the V+ actually upconverts all standard definition channels to 1080i, so even the standard channels look better through V+ than a normal virgin box.
    4.6kWp PV Comprising 16 x Jinko Solar Maxim Optimised 290W panels SSE Facing, Solis Hybrid Inverter and 7.2 kWh Pylontech batteries. Gloucestershire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure