Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have an answer, DT xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Options
    Facebook - I googled them ... pretty sure that they're completely unreliable if they're your main/only source of custom, because they keep their rules hidden, and are wanting to get income for advertising and marketing they used to give away free, so they close people down at the drop of a hat. I'll keep a page, but I certainly won't rely solely on it. Still not sure what your post meant, Kaya, but its certainly prompted me to research what small business users think of f/b, so thats good :):):)

Doing what I can about the images: the test stencil from yesterday is drying, and I have a nice big piece of repurposed roof slate I can use as the base to cut it, plus other stencil options are opening up :) so I'm looking at outlines.

The font list, I've not done anything with it after creating it this morning - might have a ten minute play as I'm finishing up this evening, but thats all.

Knitted cats, the other potential range of images - really simple oblong suggestion in a craft book, so I've cast on the first experiment and done four rows while watching my Angel DVDs :D:rotfl:
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just popping on for your question KC,

To keep it simple you have your main account 'John Smith' and john makes a page for his business 'John Smith Plumbing'

That's fine. What some people have done have made a facebook account called 'John Smith Plumbing' and then perhaps also made a business page called Plumbing Smiths..or something..facebook will close down 'John Smith Plumbing' as the main account is being used as a business page...does that make sense?

I wouldn't worry to much unless you are being racist or as above using a main account as a business page you won't get closed down. Facebook are limiting the amount of people that see your posts as a business page so it is better to have a main account with friends as they see more posts (but that is against the rules but you can see why the appeal)

To explain about the side account, this is ONLY if say John doesn't want his friends to see everything he is doing because there are group pages where you can advertise but you can't use a business page to advertise in the groups...so you use your Main account John smith..and he tags his business page into the advert for people to go like it..but most groups are public or open etc...or have people you know in them..so side account is if you want privacy...

I'm done...ramble ramble ramble.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you Kaya! I appreciate your "rambling" :)

I think I'm okay with it, I *think* ... my personal a/c is my name, Karma C (its not, but you know what I mean :D) and the cat page is called after the website, which is All Cats Are Beautiful :j I've uploaded some photos to f/b (of my own), and I'll upload more, but I won't be paying for advertising at the moment - they don't seem very trustworthy, and while I'd like to have a bit of a business presence on there, I don't trust them to change the rules under my feet.

Knitted the first kitty :D got to faff around with it now.

And I've printed out some silhouettes to use as the bases of designs which can then be adapted to become stencils.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • Double_Trouble
    Options
    Morning fellow millionaires to be :j

Last day of my holidays flying home tonight looking forward to my own bed (well technically this is my bed too but the management company had to buy new mattresses recently and boy are they firm so not had a decent nights sleep since we got here :( )

Considering we are on holiday I have done loads of research and learnt a lot too can't wait until I get home and I can't start putting the research into practice :D I am so excited and OH is totally on board so we have been doing lots of chatting just remind me not to use cars as an example when explaining search engine optimisation to OH as he tends to get a bit focussed on the cars bit not the explanation :rotfl:

Look forward to seeing the knitted kitty KC :T

DTxx
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hello, you future millionaire, DT :)

Hope the flight goes smoothly, and you're not going anywhere near the NATO conference in Cardiff/Newport :(

You really have done loads of stuff, haven't you - I trust you still feel refreshed by the holibob tho?

I'll post a piccie up of the kittie - sewing seams, embroidering face and stuffing have to happen first, tho - I'll be taking pix as I go along, so I can put it on the design blog too :) tho today, I want to plant my lonely little gooseberry bush and go see the local horticultural society's Open Day :):):)
  • Double_Trouble
    Options
    No KC we are flying into Liverpool and if it is anything like when we came out it was deserted.

My eldest is in Cardiff but he is coming home for a week on Monday so I am really looking forward to that. My daughter has moved into her new house and for once I was not the one helping :)

Really refreshed and raring to go KC thank you.

Good idea to take step by step piccies KC good thinking I wouldn't remember until I had finished.

I love gooseberries OH says they taste like ashtrays just makes you think when did he eat an ashtray :D

DTxx
  • diadeb
    diadeb Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Like gallygirl I don't belong here, but having just popped on to the forum to update my MFit-T3 challenge after a years absence, I wandered over here. I subscribed to this thread a long time ago and really enjoy your updates, progress and thoughts on life. :)

Just wanted to extend my condolences to you lesson learned on the death of your husband. You are one amazing lady and deserve all the good things in life that come your way.

I shall go back to eavesdropping now. ;)
    MFiT-T3 Number 61 Reduce mortgage by £50000
    Mar 13 £5660/11.32% June 13 £12513/25.03% Sept 13 £16951/33.90% Sept 14 £38391/78.78% paid off
    MFiT-T2 Number 34 Reduce mortgage by £66471
    Dec 12 100% paid off!
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 September 2014 at 9:37PM
    Options
    It's over...I feel so relieved but a bit lost now! I've done 400 of my 2nd product in the last 3-4 days where as usually I do about 40-50 over the week (and the 400 was bulk orders on top of my normal 40-50 a week lol)

Not complaining but glad to have a break lol :-)

Although I don't know what tomorrow will bring!

On a money note I got my last payment from work which was a whooping £1600 so wedding fund is now 100% and the rest has spilt into little pots (xmas, honeymoon and exam fees), set up standing orders with photographer and caterer so hoping that we will pay it off monthly and still be left with a lump sum at the end if that makes sense, I've limited us both to spending money of £40(ea) a week, and with the wedding standing orders taken off were still in the green whilst keeping the savings intact.

Now the big things are paid off and money is not as tight, I need to start planting seeds to start my first million...I need a game plan.

(I sound really money focused in this but to add I had a GREAT weekend and in all spent about £200...well needed blow out I have to admit but back to reality now)

I hope things are going well with you DT and your motivation is still intact :)

I really want to get into gardening but I am not a bug person as stupid as it sounds... I just can't stand them. Would happily go play in the mud..if I knew there wasn't any bugs!!! :(

Hope you are ok LL.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • Double_Trouble
    Options
    Hi diadeb nice to see you but you have reminded me I am part of the MFiT as well and I dread to think where I stand on that front :o but I am afraid that will have to take a back seat until the villa is sold.

kayalana well done that sounds really good.:beer:

I am still motivated I have hopefully finished my QCF modules tonight just need my tutor to confirm after the observation tomorrow.:D

No sign of any fostering placement so I shall be cracking on with my business research going well so far but getting to a crucial stage of deciding my niche once that's firmed up I will be going all guns blazing :D

Wishing everyone all the best

DTxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport