PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th May 2011

Options

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 May 2011 at 8:54PM
    Options
    [QUOTE=LameWolf;43621564
    Once that's done, then I shall see about having a rearrange of what lives where, so that I have (f'r instance) all long-sleeved tops in the same place, which they are most emphatically not at the moment; I was going try and do that at the same time, but I think making it a separate exercise is a better plan, on reflection.:o [/QUOTE]

I think you're right to keep it separate - much easier to judge how much space each section needs when you know what's in it, if that makes sense.
    msgnomey wrote: »
    The new role at work will be fine and it is something I will enjoy and be good at, but I still feel let down and disappointed :( off to hoover the house as DD is at last out of bed

It's good that you can see the positives. I'd still want to know the reason why you didn't get the other job, though.

I've had a pleasant, but not very productive day, fluttering rather than flying. Must find my first post and copy the list to update.

[STRIKE]breakfast[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]go into our little town with DS2[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]updated the budget[/STRIKE]
    Laundry- WIP
    bath
    Flying- bit of flinging and a few dailies
    School stuff
    HW with DS2
    [STRIKE]lunch[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]tea[/STRIKE]
    decide whether I'm going out tonight - I will be!

DS1's letter from college was for an interview on Wednesday. Phew. However, after missing a meeting on Friday he is at risk of not being able to finish this course and it won't look good on any reference/cv. I hope someone will take him on, given his attendance/punctuality record. :o
  • Maxonian
    Maxonian Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    ajmoney wrote: »
    I believe The Highwaymen are on tonight, I work with them!

And very good they were too!
    greenbee wrote: »
    you might get one of those ulstrasonic jewellery cleaners for that price. In the meantime gin works well...

No gin here. Next time I'm at a friends I might try it! Can you imagine their face! Oh can I have a gin please - yes neat - plop plop plop :rotfl:

Half of the ironing done. My back is aching now. We've run out of coat hangers anyway, which means we have too many clothes.
    I need to take a leaf out of Lamewolf's book and have a sort and fling.

Coffee now and something on the freesat box :D
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift
    That's why we call it 'The Present'
  • msgnomey
    msgnomey Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    I will find out why I didn't get the job I have been doing on Tuesday as I have arranged a meeting with the Head. I was too upset on Friday to even think about talking about it and just came straight home after she'd told me. I also think that this may have been the push I actually need to get a job in another school. I have been at the same one for quite some time (10years) and it now appears that hard work and loyalty and extra effort mean very little so I shall be looking to move on I think.

Have hoovered every where including the pit of doom (aka DD bedroom) and also done all the shredding and sorted out the paperwork and cleared my desk. OH is now ironing and I am having 5 minutes quiet before we watch Blue Bloods and go to bed.... the house is looking good, I have caught up on the washing and cleaning so am feeling pretty happy with that.

I am reading a book called 'change anything' which is about making positive changes in your life, it's very interesting and is all based on psychology so as an ex nurse I'm finding it fascinating!! Just need to decide what I want to change!!! LOL
    Go hopefully into each new day, enjoy something from every day no matter how small, you never know when it will be your last
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 May 2011 at 9:30PM
    Options
    Have been watching Eurovision so far (with one eye on the laptop and switching to another channel when Jedward were on), but I can't see Blue winning it. Time for my bath now so I'll be ready to go out later.

ETA I'd agree with you, msgnomey. I spent 10 years at my first school and this has been the 10th year at my current school. When they get requests for references they may decide that they need you to stay.
  • toottifrootti
    toottifrootti Posts: 6,427 Forumite
    Options
    SSL hope the cough doesnt keep you awake and you feel better tomorrow.

love and hugs to everyone
    toots xx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am waiting for SS2 to go to bed :cool:

Lots of people on health kicks again - we still have a mutual support thread running on the Facebook group here

MsGnomey - sometimes these things are the push we need to make change. Huge hugs, it seems very much unfair.

Must stop googling for cleaning companies in leicestershire......
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ajmoney wrote: »
    I believe The Highwaymen are on tonight, I work with them!
    DD was LIVID when it looked like they weren't going to go through...and, TBH I wasn't impressed...but the audience won - well done the Glasgow audience!

and aj - if they need anyone to shine their drums *winks lewdly*
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to say (((hugs))) to MsGnomey - have been there and it stinks. I'm a firm believer though that these things do happen for a reason - I didn't get the dream job and got the one that I hadn't even dreamed but is so me it is untrue and every day I enjoy fighting for the children I now look after. Listen to what the head has to say and then ignore it and do what you feel is best for you.
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • chocolateteddy
    chocolateteddy Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 May 2011 at 9:53PM
    Options
    Just lost my entire flying post!! Oh well really pleased with this week especially as I ventured into my ROOM OF DOOM the front room/playroom I can now see the floor so small steps mean maybe in the next two weeks it will be declutterd and clean - who knows but really pleased with it. I too have my eye on eurovision. Blue ok I suppose thought it wasn't brilliant but what do I know about up to date music
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    4 loads of washing done and ironed

Cleared bottom of my wardrobe and put load of clothes away

Town errands done

Dwx4

Bathroom well cleaned

tea done and kitchen tidied

Kiddies and myself bathed

Bins emptied

recycling done

Thanks for your words of wisdom JoJo...we read them just before we left...DS was amazing on stage and is still walking around on cloud 9...the band he played with are good friends of mine and were so good with him...thought he was playing WITH the bass player and was shocked when he played solo and the bass player sat down with me instead...he said my son was fantastic to say he has taught himself from clips on the net...it was the first time he has ever played in front of anyone ..thought he would be so nervous...but he just revelled in it...willpost video tomorrow if possible on my FB page xx

sorry for waffling...proud mum moment and yes I did cry.....

LOs have a party tomorrow ..luckily OH is off so can drop me off and take DS2s new phone back to Argos as memory card will not format...Orange say the phone is faulty so hoping they will just exchange it

Cat...glad you found your ring

Love and hugs to all...sorry for not mentioning everyone Im so tired and really need my bed

Love to Toots LadyL and Lamewolf xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport