PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th May 2011

Options

Comments

• nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all

I still have a massive list I want to get done so I guess I should really get out of bed and get a move on with it. :o

This week:
    Colour my hair
    Dye DD's jeans
    Write Toots list - part 1 listed below.
    Ironing until its gone - almost gone! Just household stuff and a few odds to go.

Toots list:
    • Computer based:
      1. Sync phone (sort out music on it so I don't have multiple versions of the same song!)
      2. Change SO online for rent
      3. Update SO/DD on finance spreadsheet
    • Kitchen
      1. De-mold ceiling
      2. Clean out undersink cupboard
      3. Inventory food/cleaning supplies
    • Livingroom
      1. Shorten both pairs of curtains
      2. Clean the floor (including the hall) properly
      3. Clean rug
      4. Put down/patch together new anti-slip mats
    • Bathroom
      1. Scrub floor properly
      2. Empty/replace de-humidifier
    • Bedrooms
      1. Clear out under my bed, sort & replace :o
    • Sewing jobs:
      1. DD's trousers x 5 - now debating whether this is worth it. They're only 1" too big so I'm going to check location of belt loops & then decide which ones NEED to be done.;)
      2. Leggings - stitch seam
      3. Top - shorten straps
      4. Curtains x 2
    • Outside - not going to happen today as its raining on and off AGAIN:mad:
      1. Clean windows
      2. Sweep front (fix brush first - head keeps coming off it :mad:)
      3. Weed/clear flowerbeds
    • Work
      1. Accounts - sort out breakdown
      2. Tax return - read letter properly & register
      3. Fliers for new books (check addresses)
      4. Make contact cards for all customers so I have their details to hand
      5. Put contacts into phone (so I know who is texting me ;))
      6. Organise Calender (marking on dates and trying to work out a timetable to maximise my income ;))
    • Paperwork
      1. Tax credits renewal form
      2. Phone up about BTWB evidence - I'd rather not post them 4 x 8 sheets of paper as evidence if I can send less:eek:
      3. Filing

Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One
    Level Two
    Wash windows
    Level Three
    Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    Mop the floor

Tuesday - Bathroom and study!!
    Level One

Level Two
    Level Three
    Wednesday - Living room, hall, stairs and porch!
    Level One
    Level Two
    Vacuum/sweep all the floors
    Vacuum/sweep under furniture you can safely move!
    Vacuum sofas
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe down ALL the paintwork! - going to dust them instead :p

Thursday - Master bedroom and Landing
    Level One

Level Two
    Wash windows
    Level Three
    Binbag dance

Friday - Brats rooms, spare rooms or wherever!

Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Deweb, dust and destickify the room!

First things first...I need to have breakfast, which I'm guessing by the time should really be called brunch :o:rotfl:

:wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • JennyJewell
    JennyJewell Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon outofmoney x
    My youngest has just ran excitedly down the road because the owner of one of the shops by one of us is offering him a paper round job and wants to have a chat with DH2 now :) It's worth £70 a month! He'll have more spare money than me and hubby put together,lol! Good for him :)
    Umm phoned a friend about a mutual friend of ours who is going through a very rough time at present and haven't shined my sink yet :embarasse Going to sink, slightly pink cheeked and doing it now I promise :)
    Jen x
    Everything happens for a reason :)
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    [STRIKE]breakfast[/STRIKE]
    laundry - started, WIP (using TD as dull and damp here so far)
    lunch - oven on to do pizzas for kids
    tea (need to put pork joint in SC) -must do this now!
    homework with DS2
    school work - started, WIP
    talk to DS1 about his commitments for this week
    small list of errands
    be in bed by midnight
    so something fun with DS2
    get bags/chlothes ready for tomorrow
    clear the space behind the dryer in the kitchen so I can get out through the back door and we don't have to use entrance next to neighbours house (I currently get v. angry looks from her - not that I'm really bothered)
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all! Have been doing a few bits and bobs:

Dailies done
    Photo taken of Zoggs vest because someone is interested in buying it (fingers crossed)
    Dog wormed
    Chooks out and fed

Doesn't look a lot really does it, oh well!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello Flyfriends
    'Scuse me a mo....
    *turns round to crack whip*
    It's OK, Mr LW is doing the ironing.;):D

We've made a start on the Great Clothes Sort'n'Fling.:D We have a folding crate that's not currently being used for anything else, so that's acting as the place to empty the drawers into, one at a time, and doesn't count as a Floordrobe, because there's a good reason behind it. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!:rotfl:

Nothing flung yet, but almost one drawer done, and I know all the clothes checked thus far are OK, because I've actually put them on and got Mr LW's input also.

What I'm hoping is that Mr LW will be suitably inspired, and will go through his stuff too, so that at least what we have in the house is all wearable.

I've also found a use for a very nice tin that Mr LW has had for ages, that originally had a bottle of Glenmorangie in it; he has a habit of emptying his pockets out onto a tray on his CoD at night, so I'm furkling the change on there, and snaffling any £2 coins to save in the tin.;)

I think he's nearly done with the ironing now, so I'll sign off, as I believe he wants to attend a craft fair at Woburn Abbey, so I need to go and put some warpaint on.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    done all the ironing - quite a bit for just over a weeks worth and all tidied away now properly!
    Kitchen done too - apart from one windowsill and the oven
    WM on cleaning cloth hot wash and hoping the rain blows over by the time its done
    Took the dog on a nice long walk this morning as we bumped into lots of other friendly terriers and had a nice fuss and a chat

Just deciding what to do next - think its HHyoga next
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning everyone.....whoops......Good afternoon :D

I didn't seem to achieve much yesterday. Took DS to his rehearsal (we were early :o), then art. Didn't manage to get any paint on paper though (in my defence, I am club treasurer & I have to collect money aswell, and did decide on colours). Came home & had healthy lunch :T Then went to look at fish for the new tank - spent too long there, & bought 2 little fish & 2 plants (DH had left me £40, I s'pose I will have to give him change :p) Then did an asda shop 'cos I need fruit to snack on if I want to lose weight! Dog only got a quick walk along the brook.

Today i have emptied DW & reloaded, made myself a tasty cooked [STRIKE]breakfast[/STRIKE] brunch (all accounted for for WW :)) and 1 load in WM. I need to pull my finger out today 'cos it is disappearing fast! Next job is hang out washing & take dog for a nice long walk (he keeps staring at me!!)

i will be back later to update lists...
  • msgnomey
    msgnomey Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    Well I am making the most of it being the weekend and am still in bed, really should get up! Today I need to; change the bed and wash the sheets, clear out the fridge and make shopping list, go shopping, do some planning ready for next weeks lessons (not that I feel like it at all), should really get started.

But DD s BF has just gone in the shower so I shall just have to wait for him to get out before I move from my my pit te he Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Go hopefully into each new day, enjoy something from every day no matter how small, you never know when it will be your last
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    must - get - off - computer .......
    MUST - GET OFF- COMPUTER!!!!

Right, I am really going now :D Honest!
  • cyclingyorkie
    cyclingyorkie Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    afternoon all! Still feeling weak and feeble so not much flying but things are improving on the Aunt flo front - well this is day16!

Much revision helping has been done and shedloads more to do - roll on Friday - this week is going to be manic! The dining room floor has been turned into a floordrobe - well they're old enough to look for it themselves if I'm feeling crook - right?

OH looks appalled at the state of the place - but he has left to play cricket without doing anything so he can lump it! I still can't get through a day without a snooze, although I am down to 45 minutes and not the 6 hours of Thursday and Friday!

Did nothing but watch Eurovision last night with eldest - really enjoyed it in a perverse way - there was just the 2 of us - DS and DH were in the pub after cricket, and DD2 was at a Jason Mamford gig - she had a whale of a time - really enjoyed it and had her pic taken with him afterwards. Just what she needed as the stress builds......

DD2 is having lunch and watching some telly - I am going to put the clea towels away. Then it's some lunch for me before we hit population and food supply topics this afternoon......

On the subject of education could i have some advise from the teachers who populate this thread please?

DD2 finished her Photography in the 5 hours and was pleased with the result - not perfect but given the time constraints she was happy enough. Two of her mates hadn't finished.

The following lesson the teacher gave everyone their work back so that people could finish off! Is this normal? I don't think it's ethical!

So the 2 people who hadn't got a final piece in 5 hours managed to get something down in the extra time! The extra lesson was an hour - thus meaning they'd had 6 hours, not 5! - or 20% longer!

I very much doubt DD2 will get an extra half an hour to finish her AS exams this week!

Opinions welcome - thanks in advance!
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills