PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th May 2011

Options

Comments

• Craftyscholar
    Craftyscholar Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    Options
    MrsChaos wrote: »
    cy and jojo - I'm with short_bird. She sounds like she knows what she's talking about - I'm just concerned.
    Regarding the exam, that sounds dodgy. Dusty's advice is sound, though.
    ^^^^^^^
    wot they said

Sitting surrounded by bits of paper with notes on which need to be put together into some sort of sense and rapidly losing the will.
    Wondering about a walk round the block, but it's looking a bit damp and chilly.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am working hard to clear some long term problem areas, including the desk drawers. Have majorly upset OH by insisting on throwing away lots of things but we are drowning in junk that statistically is highly unlikely to be ever used again. Also sorted all the cd's into the right boxes :cool: and piled up the never to be listened to again ones for selling, have a similar pile of dvds and xbox games. 30p a go from music magpie is rather depressing but better than nothing.

I also have a mountain of ironing to do. I have rewired the main amp and speakers though so at least I can listen to some newly re-discovered music at the same time.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • toottifrootti
    toottifrootti Posts: 6,427 Forumite
    Options
    I am with the others jojo and cycling - things dont sound right so get yourselves checked out - if only to shut us up!!!

And as for the exam bit - I think if nothing else it is very unfair - all the others in the exam could probably do with an hour more under less stress to tidy up their work - I would be well peed off if it was me and saw them getting more time - I would check into this because it is giving theses people an advantage - they would be as well just doing the exam in class time or at home if the school is not keeping to the times. seems very odd! I can remember several exams where I have come out and said I wished I had had just another 10 minutes or whatever - but to get a whole hour!!!!

not firing on all cyclinders since about friday afternoon but still chipping away at things - managed to do 30 mins ironing before went to church this morning.

I have ebay sales finishing today and although not that many have sold the prices have been good.

tootsxx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• cyclingyorkie
    cyclingyorkie Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just to reassure you wonderful people I saw the GP on Wednesday and am on medication to stop it.

Apparently given my age she wasn't too concerned ( unlike me - I was virtually on my knees) but we have Plan A, PlanB and Plan C sorted - all aimed at keeping me off the surgeons table.......

I think I mentioned that DD1 had been tweeting links to a video her friend made for ME awareness week - all sorts of celebrities have retweeted it - (including 4 of the cast of Harry Potter which made DD1 smile - she's a Potteraholic).

Well incase anyone is interested the vid is on youtube and this is the link:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDttA7kN-30&feature=youtu.be

and this is a link to a video made by my own daughter:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNINQD8h3hA&feature=related

I hope it's alright to post these - thanks if you have time to watch.
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cycling - she's very pretty - the video's really good.
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    JoJo - I am jumping on the nagging bandwagon, get it checked out! You need to now, 'cos we will never shut up otherwise :D

CY - I thought you said you had seen the doc earlier this week. It must be getting you down. My sister had the same problem - would have about 2-3 days clear each month :eek: I can't remember how it was sorted, but it is much better now (has other problems now, but not connected :()

Well, the dog has had a walk/swim, the kitchen has been S&S, the dog & cat wormed, washing on the line (ought to get that in now). I think I need to go upstairs & catch up with Corrie whilst ironing & do something useful.
    Cuppa first though :) I have the munchies, and I am trying to be good :o
  • Craftyscholar
    Craftyscholar Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    Options
    not firing on all cyclinders since about friday afternoon but still chipping away at things - managed to do 30 mins ironing before went to church this morning.

tootsxx
    So do we need to start nagging you as well?
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Toots, now you take care of yourself my dear - you know not to wear yourself out don't you!

JoJo definitely get checked out cos you know we'll just keep on at you if you don't!

Hex2, I always upset DH when I try to get rid of stuff so put it in a 'holding bay' and then when he is feeling a bit more up to it we look through it. I daren't chuck stuff as he goes ballistic, well have done a few mags but nothing else).

Kaz, sorry to hear about the car boot sale being not so good.

Had a good afternoon, I helped DH rake the back garden and get rid of stones/twigs etc, he's wet it all and put down grass seeds. He's worked so hard on our back garden. For the first time I've made pizza dough in the BM and it's currently cooking in the oven topped with tomato puree, mushrooms, sweetcorn, pineapple and cheese nom nom!

Major achievement was DD letting me help her sort out some of her outgrown clothes, she finds this so hard (normally she cries :() but she was excellent this time and even said if she thinks of some toys she's outgrown she could pass them onto nursery - it was a real turnaround for her so I'm really proud :):) So, along with some other stuff I've sorted, I've now got a full bin bag ready for the charity shop on Weds.

Been revising my basics maths too as the test is getting every closer - I think it's about 7 weeks :eek:!

DH is off at 8.30 tomorrow morning and I won't see him until Saturday week when we collect him at 6.00 in the morning - gonna be fun (not!) Will you guys keep me going please when I miss him as he's gone just short of 2 weeks which is the longest ever since we've had the kids :(:(
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    DH is off at 8.30 tomorrow morning and I won't see him until Saturday week when we collect him at 6.00 in the morning - gonna be fun (not!) Will you guys keep me going please when I miss him as he's gone just short of 2 weeks which is the longest ever since we've had the kids :(:(

No worries, I may have to sit here all the time keeping you going just in case you stop, I'm sure Pigpen won't mind if we all go on strike for you :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I hate it when OH isn't here which isn't very often and the house generally gets a lot tidier then! Whether it is flying or something else (maybe something to look forward) why not plan to do something every day, even if it is a short walk etc put them on a list. It will give you something else to think about and you can cross them off, each one will be a day nearer until DH comes home. BTW in no way am I suggesting it makes you forget he is away but it may help you cope a little more. You could even do it with your children so they have something to show daddy when he comes home if he has not been away from them this long either x
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £600/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15893.61/£22787.04
  • toottifrootti
    toottifrootti Posts: 6,427 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2011 at 5:50PM
    Options
    Monday
    finish C's books(3)
    return forms to Council
    check trip switch
    [STRIKE]sell DW[/STRIKE]on gumtree
    [STRIKE]sell wall paper stripper[/STRIKE] on gumtree
    change of address/phone number WIP
    change of emails WIP
    Tuesday
    LL fixing garage roof(well trying to) - rained off
    chase up bed raiser fitting- awaiting OT
    Wednesday
    pay plumber
    eBay
    [STRIKE]filing[/STRIKE]
    Thursday
    ebay
    [STRIKE]filing[/STRIKE]
    bike
    assisted shopping - post packages, collect brochures, close bank accounts
    Friday

eBay
    [STRIKE]filing[/STRIKE]
    bike
    [STRIKE]empty last box of books[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]wash sleep mask[/STRIKE]
    Saturday
    ebay
    [STRIKE]filing[/STRIKE]
    bike
    Sunday
    [STRIKE]eBay[/STRIKE]
    filing
    bike
    [STRIKE]church/ empty tops basket/ put on an instruction card[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]1pm eye test[/STRIKE]
    go to flat and do kitchen floor
    [STRIKE]must find paperwork for selling flat[/STRIKE]
    Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One
    Scrub down the front of units
    Level Two
    Wipe and replace small appliances
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    Tuesday - Bathroom
    Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Extras
    Clean the windows and mirrors

Clean out the vacuum cleaner.. wash the filters etc make sure all are dry before rebuilding!
    Wednesday - Living room, hall and porch!
    Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe down ALL the paintwork!
    Extras
    Dust all the electricals.. carefully.. don't want any frazzled flybodies
    [STRIKE]HHI[/STRIKE]
    Thursday - Master bedroom
    Level One
    Strip and wash bedding!
    Level Two
    Wash windows
    Level Three
    HHI
    Extras
    Make sure those smoke alarms are working!!! (do not set fire to anything.. just press the button!!)
    Friday - spare rooms or wherever!
    Level One
    Declutter the dog shelf
    Level Two
    Vacuum floor
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Deweb, dust and destickify the room!
    Extras
    Wipe over all the paintwork

Toots' list.............
    1. filing - job for May!!!! (sort shred and file bank stuff/kids pictures/shred old accounts stuff that was in shed /sort through pc files (I know its not strictly paper!!) /make updated list of debts ALL WIP
    2. purge files WIP
    3. Gather insurance documents
    4. Gather important papers for solicitor/DB/house & put in new file
    5. Gather papers for selling flat WIP
    6. Passport - fill in form, take to PO and submit - (need £85)
    7. declutter and eBay the stuff to get the money for heater for (new)LR/ tumble dryer/ trip switch repair/ debts /passport £85/outside plumbing repairs(flat)/
    8. Wash the vacuum cleaner innards and filters.. do not reassemble until completely dry!!
    9. sell and payout F's eBay stuff WIP
    10. charge ewbank - cant find charger still cant find it/have ordered new one
    11. find and label all chargers
    12. do contacts list for DB- 1 list doneWIP
    13. get emergency contact numbers for emergency box on top shelf
    14. clean screen
    15. clean printer and see if fixable
    16. clean tower on outside
    17. do a Valli on the inside!
    18. Clean keyboard -yeuch!
    19. empty white box
    20. dispose of books from 1st bookcase
    21. dispose of books from 2nd bookcase
    22. polish leather chair