PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Bairstow Eves Estate agent

Options

Comments

• new_home_owner_3
    Options
    oggy1511 wrote: »
    Will give them a try thanks as people we have spoken to has had positive outcomes with them.

you ask a question about a estate agent being any good, you have about 20 replies to your thread with the majority of people saying stear clear, but then you go with them anyway.

Can you clarify something for me??

Why did you ask the question in the first place? When you had no intention of listening to what people have said.

I think you have asked them to sell your house as you mentioned earlier they were coming to take photos.

Hence now you are looking for reasurance thay they are okay, bottom line they are !!!!!! and you have made a boo boo, by instructing them.
  • oggy1511_2
    oggy1511_2 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    no I havent made a boo boo i havent signed a contract with them yet so i can pull out anytime until i have signed that contract. People say they are !!!! but they havent said why they !!!!. We dont have many estate agents round us to be fair and with us moving away we need someone in our home town now so when we come to visit we can go see them. I wasnt looking for reassurance i was just asking people for their views and have took these into consideration.
    thanks for your reply
    oggy
  • DON79
    DON79 Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2011 at 5:53PM
    Options
    oggy1511 wrote: »
    We dont have many estate agents round us to be fair

funny as I just googled estate agents in Sutton in Ashfield and it came up with 21 different agents within a 3 mile radius??? :) and 8 within 1 mile....
    BSC #215/No.1 Jan 09 Club
  • oggy1511_2
    Options
    All I can find in town is Bairstowe Eves, Frank innes, David Blount,Barnes
  • oggy1511_2
    Options
    Please tell me some more as will try them but house has got to go on market sharpish as we moving soon
    Thanks
    Oggy
  • DON79
    DON79 Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Options
  • BornAtTheRightTime
    Options
    A close friend used to work at Bairstow Eves many years ago. Knowing what they taught her, she point blank refuses to use them for buying, selling or renting. That tells me all I need to know about them.
    3.9kWp solar PV installed 21 Sept 2011, due S and 42° roof.
    17,011kWh generated as at 30 September 2016 - system has now paid for itself. :beer:
  • oggy1511_2
    Options
    Thanks Guys
  • oggy1511_2
    Options
    only 6 actually in Sutton in Ashfield and one of them arent in Sutton No more moved out of town. See we really need one in Sutton for when we come to visit as we dont want to be travelling to sort out estate agents as we both work full time.
    Thanks but will phone the others that was really helpful
    Oggy
  • Alybea
    Alybea Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    From a buyers point of view absolutely useless - Pushy, didn't listen to what I wanted, Victorian terrace near town - sent details for ex local auth properties miles away, didn't listen to budget and when they did send me details for properties I did like the look of they couldn't arrange viewings.

Buying with another national chain (not a countrywide) who actually listened and sent us details of things when hey came up so we were the first group of people to be offered viewings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure