PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Bairstow Eves Estate agent

Options

Comments

• Niowrtt
    Niowrtt Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    oggy1511 wrote: »
    We Have Had David Blount They tried to get us to see their Financial Adviser to see about the mortgage but we got our own Independent Financial Adviser and we told them that. We are putting it on the market for 72,000.
    £1,850 fee on £72,000 is ~2.6%. If you sell for £65,000 (and there is incentive to encourage you to sell as cheaply as possible, which is against your interests) then it is 2.8%, since CountryWide fees are fixed.
    An independent should be able to offer you 1.5% on the final selling price.
  • poppysarah
    poppysarah Posts: 11,522 Forumite
    Options
    oggy1511 wrote: »
    Hi We are looking to put our house on the market with Bairstow Eves EAS. Are they Good

Should you not find out whether they are good before you sell your house with them?

Have you spoken to all the local agents?
  • Procrastinator333
    Options
    My experience (though on the letting side) was they were out and out liars. Won't go in to the detail, but point blank knowingly lied to me. Would never trust them personally.
  • new_home_owner_3
    Options
    My experience (though on the letting side) was they were out and out liars. Won't go in to the detail, but point blank knowingly lied to me. Would never trust them personally.

same here they was crap, i bought from them years ago they are the same as dixons, and they kept pushing for me to use the mortgage advisor.

is that 1850 including vat? if not the final figure will be 2220.:eek:

id use housesimple or house network all traditional estate agents will tell you they will assist in viewings, nine times out of ten they wont.
  • Gleeful
    Gleeful Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Options
    I'm currently renting with Countrywide and cannot wait to leave. They are useless. Our oven has stopped working and the tap in the kitchen has been dripping for 1 month. They keep saying they will come round but they never do. They have however, found the time to send us a letter offering us an extension of contract for £215 and want to put the rent up. Bunch of chancers! Avoid.
  • oggy1511_2
    oggy1511_2 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Thanks Guys for your replies they gave the highest valuation and they gave us the impression they do a lot to sell the house and a friend has used them as well and they said they were excellent in selling all his properties and he wouldnt use anyone else. We also sign a contract with Bairstow Eves which is a 16 week contract and if they havent sold our property within that time frame or we not happy with them we pay no fees which we thought was very good indeed.
    Thanks Oggy
  • poppysarah
    poppysarah Posts: 11,522 Forumite
    Options
    Highest valuation means nowt in today's market.

What similar is selling at what price?
    Use house prices.co.uk to explore
  • oggy1511_2
    Options
    We have done all that to Poppy
    Thanks Oggy
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bairstow eaves have terrible reputation. also widely known as "barst**rd thieves"

I would never use them.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • oggy1511_2
    Options
    Will give them a try thanks as people we have spoken to has had positive outcomes with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure