Options
12345679»

Comments

• andrewf75
    andrewf75 Posts: 10,421 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    plazydays wrote: »
    You are all getting it wrong. If you want a low cost build but not cut on the quality, then look to your local polish group. I know what some of you are thinking but I am being serious. A freind of mine just had some work down for a porch and compared to mine last year, he got the 'Mutt's Nut's'.
    Excellent plaster work, excellent brink work with clear crisp corners and for a fraction of the cost I paid.
    And 'Yes' they were all legal. It's just a thought, but if they can do it for a lower cost, why can't our builders????

Because they are probably living here temporarily in shared low-cost accomodation and are prepared to work all hours for low pay. Not knocking Polish builders, the standards in the UK aren't great so you could get a bargain, but anyone who lives here and has a mortgage to pay and kids to support can't compete with those prices.
  • coolgirl007
    Options
    could you please pass builder details in Belfast.
  • jdw2000
    jdw2000 Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any idea how much 1st floor extensions cost?

The 2-bedroom Victorian house in east London has a kitchen (and bathroom) built on the back of it. There is an option to extend on top of it creating a bedroom and 1st floor bathroom.

Better value than converting a loft? Or get both done at the same time?

I'm really not sure that both getting done (which would make it a 4 bedroom house) would add much more than £80K in value to the house, so the works would need to cost less than that).

What we've done in the first instance is to use this site and post the jobs on it:

Federation of Master Builders
    Register of approved builders in your area, plus sample downloadable contract, 0800 015 2522, https://www.findabuilder.co.uk

This company seem keen, and have a reasonable looking website:

https://www.polish-builder.co.uk
  • adelinb
    adelinb Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    LSA Group Construction is a company which has the head office in Finchley and offer house renovation services such as home refurbishment, kitchen renovation, loft conversion, central heating, Come at our website or call at 0207 692 8957 for a free evaluation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure