provident agents [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    I wish that i never worked for shopacheck as i got so many people into more debt from my manager pushing for targets she wanted 1100 per week issued in loans, and the managers were really vindictive too when coming to issuing to other customers who had a very good payment record, Dont get me wrong most of the customers were ok but they had all 3 lenders collecting from them, shopacheck, greenwoods, and provident one customer had a total of about £140 a week going out combined to different collectors. In the end my conscience got the better of me and i said no more and i quit with immediate effect, granted i am unemployed right now but i feel all the better know i'm not contributing to the misery of the customers.

All i can ever suggest is the best lines to go down is going to the HMRC and getting the job looked at by them, only then will you have real recourse against provident, when i worked for shopacheck i always said i was employed by them and the manager treated me as employed. But there is also provident may say agents are part time workers if they are then employed, then if this is the case i would never take out of hours calls from customers and always direct them to the office for any enquiries.
  • marsie_2
    marsie_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    prov wrote: »
    To be honest all this is totally pointless. No one is willing to stand up and organise some kind of action. Do you really think provident will start sacking agents after all the bad publicity they have had recently? That would look good in the mirror wouldnt it?

Someone needs to start organising something and we all need to put our names to it. To be fair to provident for all they know we could be a load of shoppacheck staff on a wind up, on here they have no idea who is posting on here and that is the excuse they will use for ignoring all the comments here.

After 37 pages of complaints i think it time to either put up or shut up

can every one email dean.lacey2@ntlworld.com yes he needs name and contact details, but he is willing to collect our details to show as in previous messages that there is someone prepared to get the ball rolling to show them at the top that it isnt just a few agents that are unhappy,it is a entire workforce, no petition or campaign will be taken seriously with fake names and numbers, any one could do that,it has to show us, the people effected.
  • Scoobyagent
    Scoobyagent Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Dean Lacey i am sure there is a lot of agent out here who would love to support you,many are scared for their jobs.Please assure us that you are on our side,i know it is a big risk.I for one would do this and advise other agents to do the same,just very nervous.
  • summer_boy
    summer_boy Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Dean Lacey i am sure there is a lot of agent out here who would love to support you,many are scared for their jobs.Please assure us that you are on our side,i know it is a big risk.I for one would do this and advise other agents to do the same,just very nervous.

Scoobyagent. I think everyone takes on board your comments and at the moment there are list of people looking at shadows in offices with this. Anyone who really wants to get some action against the company should contact the HMRC. they will not be looking to expose anyone only expose under hand tactics ? If provident have nothing to fear they won't be bothered will they - NOT
  • marsie_2
    Options
    if you go on the agents say no website, you will see deans details there too, how can we be scared of giving our office number and contact details, our dm's and am's know we are peeved, so for me it dont matter how many times they see my name in print, i am entitled to have my say,and will continue to, we can not let the ones higher up see that we are prepared to put up with this, we have to stand up and be counted.please give your support,
  • scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    I think it's time for agents to put up or shut up, as for HMRC i think most agents are scared to goto them as more than likely they will deem the job they do as employed, and they risk possibly losing alot of money with reduced commission. But in my opinion provident will not listen to it's agents as they are all powerful and can basically get away with what they are doing. The board of directors listens to it's shareholders and not their employees.
  • marsie_2
    Options
    well the shareholders might listen when the share prices take a dive,due to a load of bad publicity, is gona happen,
  • Scoobyagent
    Options
    Have you noticed or is it just me,no phone calls during the week.Most strange, maybe the threat of hmrc is getting to them,re self employeed???????????
  • firebladechick
    Options
    Ive had a reply from HMRC and as far as they are concerned we ARE self employed
  • Scoobyagent
    Options
    How many times have your branch told you ,do the reqest to call but back date it,no one will know. Not them paying the costs of this.I love my job and cannot believe i fgeel so angry.I earn quiet well,Soooooooooooooooo angry.I know people who could do this company a lot of damage ,problem being ,how do we get every one together.Have a reaqlly good am she cannot see how we are going to get out of this.They are not all bad
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure