provident agents [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• wayne2786
    wayne2786 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    Ah, well, he's already admitted to missing two payments, so perhaps he's not that willing to pay back the money he's borrowed. :rotfl:

It's customers such as Wayne who are leading to the fines.

if you were an agent, my agent i would take pleasure in making sure you got fined :)
  • scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    Agents aren't really doing themselves any favours alienating the very people they collect on, i can see the provident side that if agents lose commission from bad debt customers it is in the agents own interests to get those customers paying again. How many of the agents on here have said sod it and not called on those customers who are bad payers...i can bet quite a few really!!! I know it's up to the the business manager to deal with arrears and i think they should start from week two of missed payments.
  • wayne2786
    Options
    scooby088 wrote: »
    Agents aren't really doing themselves any favours alienating the very people they collect on, i can see the provident side that if agents lose commission from bad debt customers it is in the agents own interests to get those customers paying again. How many of the agents on here have said sod it and not called on those customers who are bad payers...i can bet quite a few really!!! I know it's up to the the business manager to deal with arrears and i think they should start from week two of missed payments.

my point exactly, i think its very unfair that collectors get fined, could you imagine if someone in a shoe shop got fined because the store never made enough money.

Im not to sure how the collection bit works, could you not explain to some of the customers the situation? if they part pay would you still get fined?
  • scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    I think they still get fined for reduced payments too
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    scooby088 wrote: »
    Agents aren't really doing themselves any favours alienating the very people they collect on, i can see the provident side that if agents lose commission from bad debt customers...

But, surely, bad debt is factored into the high interest rate Provident charges?

Are you suggesting the new way of handling bad debt will lead to them charging a lower interest rate, or is it simply a way to increase profit at the expense of those who do all the leg work?
  • wayne2786
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    But, surely, bad debt is factored into the high interest rate Provident charges?

Are you suggesting the new way of handling bad debt will lead to them charging a lower interest rate, or is it simply a way to increase profit at the expense of those who do all the leg work?

Provident pray on people in bad situations and in bad debt, i agree though that it shouldnt be down to a agent to be hit in the wage packet if someone doesnt pay up, it should be down to the company to try and get the money back, the same as natwest would do if you didnt pay them a loan back.

i also doubt they are going to lower the interest rate.
  • empowerthepeople
    Options
    wayne2786 wrote: »
    i am expressing my view, you are talking about going on stike from providing the service you provide.

if you lived in london and your tube driver went on strike, would you express your opinion? yes you would!

if you were going on holiday and the airport staff went on strike would you express your opinion? yes you would!

Tell me what good it will do by either not collecting money one day or not giving out money one day its what i said on my post above, like petrol stations the big guys at the top will always win, all the posters on here complaining about your jobs, have you ALL gone to the top and complained to them? no i guess you havent.

if you dont like your jobs find new one's, and dont tell me there are no jobs about, in my area alone i could tell you of so many jobs, they may be cleaning, or mcdonalds for instance but a jobs a job, if you dont like yours then move on, no one is holding a gun to your head saying you have to continue collecting money!
    Wayne.....Wayne....Wayne....Wayne.....Wayne.....
    A word to the wise OK!
    The vast majority of agents have been Provident customers in the past.
    This is why the agent has every sympathy and empathy for their customers because they have been there themselves.
    An agent doesn't want to give you a loan that you will not be able to continue with the repayments because the agent will not make any commission from you consequently it's non productive isn't it?
    The reason the agents are grieved is that if you as a customer can no longer afford to repay your loan regularly, then the agent is being fined out of their commission (wages) for your failure to keep up your payments.
    Because agents are technically self employed, something which needs to be confirmed by HMRC, agents have no legal representative or body to confront the employer (Provident) with any issues or grievances, consequently agents are afraid to complain through fear of losing their jobs and in this economic climate with mortgages and families depending on wages agents are attempting to come together to confront the Provident so that a mutual conclusion can be attained.
    No one is on here complaining about individual customers infact on the contrary, customers have been very supportive to their agents who incidentally are also friends.
  • marsie_2
    marsie_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    wayne2786 wrote: »
    my point exactly, i think its very unfair that collectors get fined, could you imagine if someone in a shoe shop got fined because the store never made enough money.

Im not to sure how the collection bit works, could you not explain to some of the customers the situation? if they part pay would you still get fined?

yes you still get fined for part payments, i was 96p short from one customer, lost £10, i would like to know where all our money is going,
  • Scoobyagent
    Scoobyagent Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    So do i wonder where all our pmts are going???????
  • Scoobyagent
    Scoobyagent Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Just a thougt , can we not go to our t.v stations,?????????????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure