PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There hasn't been much done here at all, I was awake for 48 hours over the weekend then still only slept for 2 so don't really know if I'm coming or going at the moment and have no energy at all.
    I'm keeping up with the essential washing (kids' work clothes) but that's about it.
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Options
    Hi Messies!

Alec E, I`m glad there`s progress on getting the floor sorted, and problem drains are a real pain, so you must be glad to get it all seen to.

Dibuzz, no wonder you`ve no energy. Have you seen the doc about not sleeping? Especially as you don`t seem to be able to catch up on more than a couple of hours. Do take care. ((Hugs))

Chez-Emm-
    Back to the run of short shifts again tomorrow (pm) so I`ve got the next few days meals sorted - in my head, at least!
    I`ve sorted the cat-pee question - washed DGD`s rug and the smell has gone, thank goodness.
    Today I`ve ventured into the garden.... too soggy to cut the jungly growth, but ideal for pulling up huge nettles by the roots. Dressed for the part, I had 2 pairs of DS`s boot-socks on with trousers tucked inside, and plastic garden clogs, plus a pair of leather gauntlets. I have discovered and liberated a huge patch of struggling nasturtiums, and hacked and trampled my way through to the plum forest (though it`s also creeping up this way towards the house!!) Managed to pick a couple of pounds of plums too, so I`m going to make a plum crumble.
    Upstairs - still haven`t Henried, but I have put a few clothes away so better than nothing. It`ll keep.
  • dibuzz
    Options
    I'm seeing the doc this morning, we have talked about it but he wanted to get the other changes of meds sorted first although it wasn't quite as bad then.

I mowed the front lawn yesterday as its shot up after youngest son feeding it. I only did a high cut on it because it was quite wet underneath but looks better, if we ever get another nice day I will do it again.
  • alec_eiffel
    alec_eiffel Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Options
    The electrician didn't turn up but the flooring guy did. The tiles are being delivered next Wednesday, the screed is going down the following Thursday and tiles laid the day after that. They could have done the job next week but that's when the drain guy is coming. We were really pleased that the floor is going to cost less than £1000, so plenty less than anticipated.

DH is now like a runaway train, we off out this weekend to look for a new sofa and start to enquire about a multifuel stove. I think we'll only end up with one of the two, but it's all moving in the right direction at a good speed.

Well done with the garden progress, especially getting the nettles up. The nettles and brambles here are so intertwined with the trees and shrubs I just have to cut as much as I can, they're not coming out!
  • jlhmd666
    jlhmd666 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    Slowly but surely our house is getting back to how it should be. I was chatting with OH last night and my long term goal will be to have the weekends free from housework. No idea at the moment if that's possible, especially with the kids but it would be great if I can achieve this :)
    2016 Grocery Challenge January: £296.20/£300 February: £262.05/£300
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Options
    Hi Messies!

I hope everyone`s ok, despite rotten bank hol weather as usual.
    Not that it bothers me today as I`m off to work soon.
    Had one day off and now in for 5 on the trot. At least I got a bit done yesterday though, I`m quite surprised managing to squeeze it all in.
    Henried upstairs (finally!!!)
    2 WM loads, including one bedlinen change.
    Delivered a birthday card/pressie.
    Bit of freezer tetris and meals planned till next weekend.
    Trash trawl and bins out this morning.

Everything else is just on `basic` or `it`ll do for now` mode.
    Have a decent day all. x
  • dibuzz
    Options
    The weather is awful here too.
    There's all not a lot being done here, just keeping on top of the essentials.
    I'm still not sleeping and don't have the energy to do much.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    At last I am over my horrible infection, stopped coughing all night and zombie-fying all day!

Cleaning our pantry, the non-food bit! Found enough cleaning stuff to start a shop, including three lots of carpet cleaner.

OH is working on the garage, so a tidy house may be on way.

Best use for this damn weather, eh?
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • alec_eiffel
    alec_eiffel Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Options
    Our house improvement spending continues, I can't believe it! This weekend we bought a new duvet set, a nice quality one (well, I think it is) from the discount mill http://www.justlinen.co.uk/justlinen/sheridan-redmond-bedlinen.asp DH chose three lamps, two for the bedside tables and one for the dining area, and a new toothbrush mug!

I am working through a ton of laundry again, but I thin I am getting to the end of it, some nice drying days would be good. Next week we have to clear everything out of the living and dining rooms ready to have the floor laid, so it will be fantastic to start afresh once the floor is down and only bring in things that we want and need.

Hope everyone managed to have some fun over the weekend, despite the weather.
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Options
    Pol, I`m glad you`re feeling better now. I have a fair old stash of cleaning stuff too - probably because of long phases of not using it!!

Alec E, nice to have a `fresh start` feeling, but I don`t envy you the clearing out first bit.

Chez Emm -
    I`m off to work soon, then an early shift tomorrow, so still just doing only basic necessities here. The place could look worse, I suppose. (It HAS looked worse!!) I`m just looking forward to 3 days off, and a bit of time to catch up again!
    The `work/life` balance is a bit skewed at the moment, and I`m feeling sorry for myself which doesn`t help with the `home` bit at all. The time at work is fine, once I`m there, as I just get stuck in and mostly enjoy doing so. Then I`m home, tired, and just anticipating the next shift.
    I do have a week off in the next rota, so trying to keep that in mind to cheer myself on....
    I need to do a thorough sort-out in caravan of Doom very soon, but at least that`s something I can do even if it`s raining.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure