Low cost Stocks & Shares (Investment) ISAs: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have added a link on the Selftrade entry to this article (pointed out by SnowMan on another thread) [FONT=Times Newbr / Roman]from [/FONT][FONT=Times Newbr / Roman][FONT=Times Newbr / Roman]thisismoney.co.uk on 2nd May 2014: Selftrade investors may face charges hike under plans to sell platform hit by personal questions and frozen assets stor[/FONT][/FONT]m

SS2
  • Malti
    Malti Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just for clarity say I invest £600 a month with iweb - am I charged £5 a month whether I put £600 in a month or £200 in a month.
    If this is right I'd be better off investing in a S&S isa elsewhere then transferring the lot to iweb in the next financial year.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Yes, you are charged £5 per transaction, regardless of the size of the transaction.

SS2
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    I have carried out the June update for the first page of this thread.

The Share Centre (frequent dealing option) has a regular investing fee of 0.5% (minimum £1). I had not noticed this before, so this may be a new service.

The ICICI website has not been updated with any post-RDR charging.

I cannot find anything else that has changed.

I will do another update in 3 months' time.

SS2
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The very last link in the very first post to "Lang Cat Financial article: Fashionably late - Halifax Sharedealing and Bestinvest slink in at the back" is no longer working since Lang Cat have re-organised their site.

Good news is that the article is still there: http://langcatfinancial.co.uk/blog/fashionably-late-halifax-sharedealing-bestinvest-slink-back/
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    I have updated the entry on Hargreaves Lansdown with their new charges. The fees are a little lower than before with tiered % fees for funds from 0.45%, fee of 0.45% on shares and bonds, no corporate action fee, and a higher FX fee (bottom tier gone up from 1.3% to 1.7%).

SS2
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A rather specific question: are there outstanding candidates for investing in individual Canadian shares?

Capital sums involved: about £10k - £50k. Shelters: ISA and SIPP. Trading frequency: near zero, save possibly for dividend reinvestment.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Archi Bald, thanks for the info, I have added a link to that in the introduction post of this thread now.

kidmugsy, if you go to the first post of this page then about half way down the post you will find links to "Other pages that you might find helpful". I would suggest you follow the links to the International Investor site.

SS2
  • Special_Saver2
    edited 8 September 2014 at 1:05AM
    Options
    I have completed the September update for this thread. I have looked at the major providers and noted that Charles Stanley have changed their charging structure so it is now as follows:

0.25% for funds (0.15% on funds above £500,000, 0.05% on £2 million or more), 0.25% for shares (minimum £20, maximum £150, no charge if 6 chargeable trades in 6-monthly charging period which starts on 1st April and 1st October) [SIPP: same charge + £120 per year]

ICICI Bank UK have still not put a post-RDR2 compliant charging structure on their website and I have now deleted them from the list on the first page of this thread.

I will do another update in December.

SS2

Edit: Updated with TD Direct information below.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure